Coronavirus

robf

The more this carries on the more I’m beginning to agree with you 
It'll soon dawn on most people mate. I don't blame people who have been terrified by the propoganda, the massive exaggeration of risk, it's easy to get swept away and feel like you're doing the right thing but it will all come out in the wash eventually.
  • Like 1

Advert:

But that's the fault of the daft rules not the virus ! If everyone wasn't testing themselves within an inch of their lives then you wouldn't have this ridiculous pingdemic situation. It's a mess of the government's own making.
How do you prove you are not positive
without a test?

8 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

They haven’t always encouraged it. Me and my wife have just gone through all of this and the guidance from the NHS midwives and doctors was to 100% not have the jab. We (and thousands of others) were told it’s potentially not safe for the baby so to wait until the baby is born before getting vaccinated, then a couple of months ago, everything suddenly changed. Hospital became full of leaflets saying it’s safe and how important it is for pregnant women to get jabbed. It’s just mixed messages and I 100% wouldn’t have a vaccine if I was pregnant. (Also advised it can hamper the chance of becoming pregnant as well). They have now had a few months correct, but there is so much doubt behind this, some people haven’t had the vaccine as they’re not sure of side effects, it makes perfect  sense to me why a pregnant lady wouldn’t have a vaccine given the different information from the government. Agree Re isolating, although then it comes back to whether everyone that you see has been as safe (family members have the got covid without knowing). 

One thing I’d say about the NHS, being through this recently is that its all over the place and in a complete and utter mess. Whether it’s a direct implication of Covid or just due to the lack of funding can be debated, but what I’ve seen first hand over the past couple of weeks is just how pressured they are. I don’t think it would take much to cripple the NHS personally. Staffing from what I saw / heard is really low and lots of members of staff off sick due stress. Again possibly not a direct implication of Covid but i don’t think it would take much this time to flood it. 

593, The reason the NHS said pregnant women shouldn't have the jab and then reversed their decision is most probably that no information/data was available at the time of the effects of the jab on pregnant women from clinical trials etc. Once sufficient clinical trials had been done and data available to show there are no effects on the mother and the new born then the decision can be made on data to give the jab to pregnant women.

There also will have been extensive in vitro, ex vivo and work in animals before giving the vaccine to pregnant women to ensure there are no teratogenic effects from the vaccine.

Edited by Paul6754

5 hours ago, geosname said:

As bad probably.. but not worse.

Labour are far worse unfortunately as proved each time they are in power. Saying that I do think Starmer comes across far better than Boris. The problem is the majority of their ministers and that they will never get themselves out of the unions pockets. 

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, 1 said:

Hot off the press, I have covid. Don’t go down to London, think better of it, come back, reschedule your tickets then take a PCR because you’ll end up getting omicron and not see the show. Lose lose.

I was in London a couple of weeks ago for my works Christmas party attended by around 200 luckily I didn’t catch it but I think I had Covid in October but at least 30 of my work colleagues caught Covid at the party.
Hope you get better soon.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Labour are far worse unfortunately as proved each time they are in power. Saying that I do think Starmer comes across far better than Boris. The problem is the majority of their ministers and that they will never get themselves out of the unions pockets. 

Unlike the Tory’s who look after the working classes lol 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Lockdown after Xmas 

If true what a joke 

if true I’m with Leeds valiant from now on 

Well judging by more chants of " if you hate boris stand up "  and "boris youre a c word" at the darts, I doubt that most will pay any attention to a word this government have to say. 

3 minutes ago, ginge said:

Well judging by more chants of " if you hate boris stand up "  and "boris youre a c word" at the darts, I doubt that most will pay any attention to a word this government have to say. 

I’ve had no time off work for holiday this year as no point with all the covid rules now I’m off for Xmas if we go in lockdown I’ll be fuming 

What can we do if they shut the pubs and limit us to 1 mate again 

Advert:

1 hour ago, Packmoor_vale said:

I’ve had no time off work for holiday this year as no point with all the covid rules now I’m off for Xmas if we go in lockdown I’ll be fuming 

What can we do if they shut the pubs and limit us to 1 mate again 

Become a Tory mp you can do what you fecking want then

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lockdown after Xmas 
If true what a joke 
if true I’m with Leeds valiant from now on 
It seems that cases have probably peaked already and indeed may have fallen in the past few days. The 'million cases a day by Christmas ' has already been trashed.

Thank goodness the cabinet have finally grown a backbone and not listened to the nutter scientists otherwise we'd already be in lockdown. The hesitancy to do anything suggests that the data is not delivering on the terrible modelling originally presented.

5 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

How do you prove you are not positive
without a test?

I’m sure if over a million tested themselves against the flu every day there would be a lot of unknown positive cases. I was all for the lockdown initially as there was so much unknown and hardly anyone jabbed, now we have a situation where most are protected as much as can be and those who aren’t have chosen not to, let’s get on with things as best as normal. The NHS can’t cope when there is no Covid so that is a lame excuse, keep the country open and operating.

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Good morning Britain this morning reporting Astra zenica are working on updating there vaccine to work against the omicron variant am I missing something here with a massive booster vaccine push going on 

I`m not convinced either. This wave feels very different to previous ones, where you could hear ambulance sirens all day long where I live and at the moment there seems a lot fewer. 

I think the line is the latest variant avoids the vaccine induced immune system although they prevent you from getting seriously ill so we must vaccinate more. The new variant is spreading quickly so we must work on updating the vaccine and send it out untested.

I have had my two jabs and have recently had covid very mildly, I will rely on my immune system from now on.   

4 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

I`m not convinced either. This wave feels very different to previous ones, where you could hear ambulance sirens all day long where I live and at the moment there seems a lot fewer. 

I think the line is the latest variant avoids the vaccine induced immune system although they prevent you from getting seriously ill so we must vaccinate more. The new variant is spreading quickly so we must work on updating the vaccine and send it out untested.

I have had my two jabs and have recently had covid very mildly, I will rely on my immune system from now on.   

Morning 

I don’t normally watch the <ovf censored> but first day off work today I thought I’ll see what’s going on 

I’m the same mate I had 2 jabs then caught covid at the end of October was like a bad cold for 2/3 days strangely I only tested positive once I started getting better though so what do I do about the booster surely I still have natural immunity but I’m getting loads of texts asking me book my booster 

1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:

The problem is that with around 20% of the adult population not vaccinated this is what is spreading the current wave.  On last night's news, it is heartbreaking and for me, really annoying to see ITU doctors being interviewed and stating that nearly all their patients are unvaccinated!  I fully recognise the right to freedom of choice, but in this case someone's choice is another person's illness--is that completely fair?

Not strictly true, the fully vaccinated are also spreading the virus, so it’s virtually 100% of the population driving this latest wave, unless you live in isolation.  The problem with the 20%, or whatever, unvaccinated is that they are the ones most at risk of suffering serious illness, hospitalisation and ultimately death.  The greater picture is not just one of hospitalisation however, it’s the risk of the infrastructure and the economy falling apart due to so many people, whether I’ll or not, having to self isolate so that services and businesses are unable to function.  Hence the reduction in the isolation time from 10 to 7 days.

• Like 1