Coronavirus

robf

12 hours ago, philpvfc said:

The Government have always encouraged pregnant women to have the jab and even if it was a few months ago they have had plenty of time to get jabbed but if not then isolate until they have.  The whole idea with lockdowns was to protect the NHS, we are no way near flooding the NHS with Covid patients especially as the majority of the population are double jabbed now.

They haven’t always encouraged it. Me and my wife have just gone through all of this and the guidance from the NHS midwives and doctors was to 100% not have the jab. We (and thousands of others) were told it’s potentially not safe for the baby so to wait until the baby is born before getting vaccinated, then a couple of months ago, everything suddenly changed. Hospital became full of leaflets saying it’s safe and how important it is for pregnant women to get jabbed. It’s just mixed messages and I 100% wouldn’t have a vaccine if I was pregnant. (Also advised it can hamper the chance of becoming pregnant as well). They have now had a few months correct, but there is so much doubt behind this, some people haven’t had the vaccine as they’re not sure of side effects, it makes perfect  sense to me why a pregnant lady wouldn’t have a vaccine given the different information from the government. Agree Re isolating, although then it comes back to whether everyone that you see has been as safe (family members have the got covid without knowing). 

One thing I’d say about the NHS, being through this recently is that its all over the place and in a complete and utter mess. Whether it’s a direct implication of Covid or just due to the lack of funding can be debated, but what I’ve seen first hand over the past couple of weeks is just how pressured they are. I don’t think it would take much to cripple the NHS personally. Staffing from what I saw / heard is really low and lots of members of staff off sick due stress. Again possibly not a direct implication of Covid but i don’t think it would take much this time to flood it. 

Advert:

17 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

There outside and in small groups and one is his wife the gang over the way are standing apart it’s not like there taking the piss and having indoor Xmas parties like the press are making out 

Not the point is it?

If you or I do that we're fined. If anyone else in the country do that, they're fined (according to the rules they set at the time).

I don't think that MPs, whatever level of seniority, should have different versions of the law applied to them. 

If families couldn't mourn their dead relatives by law, if nurses would have been fined for having wine outdoors by law, then these politicians shouldn't have done what they did.

If you don't have an issue with that then we have vastly different expectations for the standards of our elected officials.

Edited by Joe B

Hot off the press, I have covid. Don’t go down to London, think better of it, come back, reschedule your tickets then take a PCR because you’ll end up getting omicron and not see the show. Lose lose.

Advert:

Advert:

Been to Alton Towers over the last couple of days. The cognitive dissonance is incredible to behold. Mask wearing within the hotel which was by and large followed probably 70/30 with masks but then you go into a packed waterpark with people literally on top of each other. Then you get people coming into changing rooms with a mask on which is actually more spaced out than the actual pools! Genuinely people just don't even question what they are doing! It's a proper dystopia! One heartwarming thing was that most people, even those with the mask and visor thing, didn't seem scared or afraid to be there. Quite a few grandparents too.

So Jimmy Kranky has followed loopy Drakeford. 
Be us next. 
When the latest casedemic peaks and falls as it will do probably quite soon (see South Africa where it has already started to fall), they can turn round and say look how our actions saved the people! Look how much more decisive we are than those in Westminster! This new variant has spread everywhere by now. No daft rules will change a thing. This has everything to do with politics and nothing to do with public health. I'm glad that the cabinet has finally started to question the assumptions in the data and also to consider other factors which have had very little bearing previously. To me it shows that Krankie and Harold Bishop don't give a <ovf censored> about their people as they have made decisions that will likely affect the poorest in society without a full picture of evidence to back it up. It's all about furthering their aims and again nothing to do with public health.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
46 minutes ago, darren1810 said:
So Jimmy Kranky has followed loopy Drakeford. 
Be us next. 

When the latest casedemic peaks and falls as it will do probably quite soon (see South Africa where it has already started to fall), they can turn round and say look how our actions saved the people! Look how much more decisive we are than those in Westminster! This new variant has spread everywhere by now. No daft rules will change a thing. This has everything to do with politics and nothing to do with public health. I'm glad that the cabinet has finally started to question the assumptions in the data and also to consider other factors which have had very little bearing previously. To me it shows that Krankie and Harold Bishop don't give a <ovf censored> about their people as they have made decisions that will likely affect the poorest in society without a full picture of evidence to back it up. It's all about furthering their aims and again nothing to do with public health.

The more this carries on the more I’m beginning to agree with you 

• Like 1

Advert:

I don't tend to comment on this or politics.  Mainly due to the fact I'm not clever enough. 

I've stuck by the rules just had my 3rd jab etc etc.

If I can throw this out there .

Nobody seems to be asking the obvious question that if we can't carry on with life with almost the entire population with antibodies through vaccines when when can we ?

What exactly will be different in 12 months, 24 months etc ? 

A lot of your standard layman like me who have done everything possible to protect themselves and others are now wavering. Any new restriction or lockdown will be treated with apathy . 

• Like 5

It's about protecting the NHS 1900 absent in London on Sunday 12/12 4700 16/12 get vaccinated wear a mask and help the NHS
But that's the fault of the daft rules not the virus ! If everyone wasn't testing themselves within an inch of their lives then you wouldn't have this ridiculous pingdemic situation. It's a mess of the government's own making.
  • Like 2

I don't tend to comment on this or politics.  Mainly due to the fact I'm not clever enough. 
I've stuck by the rules just had my 3rd jab etc etc.
If I can throw this out there .
Nobody seems to be asking the obvious question that if we can't carry on with life with almost the entire population with antibodies through vaccines when when can we ?
What exactly will be different in 12 months, 24 months etc ? 
A lot of your standard layman like me who have done everything possible to protect themselves and others are now wavering. Any new restriction or lockdown will be treated with apathy . 

You keep testing 1.3 million people a day you are going to find a lot of cases, particularly in winter. Many have been saying it since day one but the madness continues! Unfortunately if you say anything against the official line you are labelled as a covidiot.
  • Like 3