Coronavirus

robf

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Not true at all, my gripe is with the underfunding of the NHS with 11 years of austerity leaving the system under staffed and  under equipped to deal with a pandemic not planned for. That is the reason for the cancellation of essential operations and treatments. Reducing the load on the NHS with injections and spacing prevents an even larger strain  on the NHS, which my daughter is dependant on as well as the millions waiting. 

Fair play Fosse.

I agree.

Advert:

1 minute ago, tommytunstall said:

What a silly post. Of course we are not ok with that, it is entirely disrespectful to the 3 of us to say that. I am extremely sorry for her death, as I am for the thousands who have died with COVID. We have a balance where we need to treat everybody, but that is easier said than done.

Mate, dont reply to me ever again.

What a silly post. Of course we are not ok with that, it is entirely disrespectful to the 3 of us to say that. I am extremely sorry for her death, as I am for the thousands who have died with COVID. We have a balance where we need to treat everybody, but that is easier said than done.
You really don't get it do you?

I'm out tonight with a guy who's work partner was a girl aged 29.  
Had a little boy aged 9.
She had cancer.
Her treatment got stopped last winter as, obviously this virus with a 98% recovery was having its second go.
It took priority of course, as it should, being the next black death.
She died, despite having a highly positive outlook prior to this.
Still, WV, Fosse, Tommytunstall, they're ok with that. We should be stopping everything for it.
Covid is the only game.
I hope you're happy guys.
You seem fine with it, so yeah, you probably are.

It didn't need to be like this. These are people in the early stage of their life and we're trying to save people who have lived their entire life and are already very poorly.

I hope the people responsible for this pay.
  • Like 2

Advert:

9 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

It didn't need to be like this. These are people in the early stage of their life and we're trying to save people who have lived their entire life and are already very poorly.

I hope the people responsible for this pay.

You could've gotten to be 80, with absolutely none of this.

However, you can be 30 now and be expected to live like this for 50 years.

Who's selfish?

Who's selfish?
Totally agree. Plus you have relatively healthy old people who may have died suddenly in the last 2 years living their last months without much or any contact with their loved ones. Wasting their final few months on earth 'staying safe '. It's absolutely disgusting.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
41 minutes ago, eh up nah said:
Who's selfish?

Totally agree. Plus you have relatively healthy old people who may have died suddenly in the last 2 years living their last months without much or any contact with their loved ones. Wasting their final few months on earth 'staying safe '. It's absolutely disgusting.

Yes, very true 

My parents are 70, my girlfriends nan is 80 plus.

All would put quality over quantity and want to get on with it.

Yes, very true 
My parents are 70, my girlfriends nan is 80 plus.
All would put quality over quantity and want to get on with it.
This insane aspiration to live forever is nuts. It's like people have just realised that everybody dies.If I die tomorrow then so be it but I want to enjoy my time while I have it. Not sit at home avoiding a virus that is unlikely to kill me, my parents or anyone I know. My parents feel the same. They've lived a decent life and if they were to be struck down with a virus tomorrow that killed them, then that's the risk of life. No point existing and not living.

The logic of people who support this baffles me.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Advert:

1 minute ago, leedsvaliant said:

This insane aspiration to live forever is nuts. If I die tomorrow then so be it but I want to enjoy my time while I have it. Not sit at home avoiding a virus that is unlikely to kill me, my parents or anyone I know. My parents feel the same. They've lived a decent life and if they were to be struck down with a virus tomorrow that killed them, then that's the risk of life. No point existing and not living.

The logic of people who support this baffles me.

Life is very much for living LV.

5 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Only Positive Covid tests surely.

The more you test the more you find which increases the number of deaths, of any cause, being included in the covid death rate.

The only thing I have ever expected are accurate statistics to make appropriate decisions.

8 hours ago, eh up nah said:

I'm out tonight with a guy who's work partner was a girl aged 29.  

Had a little boy aged 9.

She had cancer.

Her treatment got stopped last winter as, obviously this virus with a 98% recovery was having its second go.

It took priority of course, as it should, being the next black death.

She died, despite having a highly positive outlook prior to this.

Still, WV, Fosse, Tommytunstall, they're ok with that. We should be stopping everything for it.

Covid is the only game.

I hope you're happy guys.

You seem fine with it, so yeah, you probably are.

The only 2 people I know with cancer had treatment that carried on right through the pandemic. I haven't heard of anyone who had treatment stopped. 

Don't put words into my mouth again. 

Advert:

Can people stop insinuating that those who seem to be more wary of covid somehow don’t care about other illnesses and are being selfish. What a completely utterly disgusting thing to insinuate. Of course everyone cares. It’s really sad and it’s appalling from the NHS although it’s not directly there fault, as Fosse said it’s down to the complete lack of care and investment for years under this government. I have been in hospital since Monday with my parter, the staff at ground level are brilliant, however it’s blatantly obvious to see how overrun and understaffed they are. And this is before a potential (yes a potential not definite) covid outbreak added in. 

As I’ve posted on here before, measures had to be taken. Whether some like it or not or now look back in hindsight and say the death rate was low, measures had to be taken. What would have happened if the death rate was 3/4%? I’ve posted on here how much money I’ve lose because of boris and these lockdowns, but they were necessary. 

I’m certainly not advocating for another lockdown, majority are vaccinated but there is a number of people, for example pregnant women who are told don’t have the jab originally and now being advised it’s safe to do so, so have no idea what to do. So in my opinion it’s only fair to take appropriate precautions, again this isn’t lockdown just being as safe as all can. 

back to the original point; I think it’s disgusting that cancer treatments and other urgent treatments are being pushed back, I’ve not personally heard of one cancelled but I do know two people with cancer who did originally have treatments pushed back, which they have now had. Again I don’t think this is necessarily don’t to Covid but the government and lack of care / investment for the actual key elements of this country, education is the same. 

I get we’re all pissed off, but don’t try and insinuate that posters on here would be happy that someone died of cancer just because they’re following covid guidelines. It’s about the worst thing I’ve seen posted on here in years. 

• Like 4

The more you test the more you find which increases the number of deaths, of any cause, being included in the covid death rate.
The only thing I have ever expected are accurate statistics to make appropriate decisions.
Covid rules are to test if you have symptoms or are in contact with a Covid. That gives the total with Covid assuming all positives are reported, likely ? The death certificate process I am not familiar with, the main thing is to be consistent. 29 days is the agreed period and the reported figures indicate the state of the pandemic. PMs for all deaths are impractical, what other way would there be?

Can people stop insinuating that those who seem to be more wary of covid somehow don’t care about other illnesses and are being selfish. What a completely utterly disgusting thing to insinuate. Of course everyone cares. It’s really sad and it’s appalling from the NHS although it’s not directly there fault, as Fosse said it’s down to the complete lack of care and investment for years under this government. I have been in hospital since Monday with my parter, the staff at ground level are brilliant, however it’s blatantly obvious to see how overrun and understaffed they are. And this is before a potential (yes a potential not definite) covid outbreak added in. 
As I’ve posted on here before, measures had to be taken. Whether some like it or not or now look back in hindsight and say the death rate was low, measures had to be taken. What would have happened if the death rate was 3/4%? I’ve posted on here how much money I’ve lose because of boris and these lockdowns, but they were necessary. 
I’m certainly not advocating for another lockdown, majority are vaccinated but there is a number of people, for example pregnant women who are told don’t have the jab originally and now being advised it’s safe to do so, so have no idea what to do. So in my opinion it’s only fair to take appropriate precautions, again this isn’t lockdown just being as safe as all can. 

back to the original point; I think it’s disgusting that cancer treatments and other urgent treatments are being pushed back, I’ve not personally heard of one cancelled but I do know two people with cancer who did originally have treatments pushed back, which they have now had. Again I don’t think this is necessarily don’t to Covid but the government and lack of care / investment for the actual key elements of this country, education is the same. 

I get we’re all pissed off, but don’t try and insinuate that posters on here would be happy that someone died of cancer just because they’re following covid guidelines. It’s about the worst thing I’ve seen posted on here in years. 

I don't think anyone is insinuating that you'd be happy if people died from cancer but it is a consequence of supporting draconian actions.

I think it pisses people off when they're labelled as selfish when actually the lockdown causes more issues than it solves and almost certainly to a younger demographic.

I disagree that measures had to be taken. Where is the evidence for this? Models? Sensible mitigation measures maybe but the lockdown thing was crazy and there's no proof that they worked.