Coronavirus

robf

Advert:

Keep peddling the BS 
If you cannot win people over without lying doesn't that tell you that you might not be in the right? Why do you keep perpetuating the bull ? I have a few sources for you so you can finally prove that you aren't closed minded and can change your mind in the face of new evidence. 
Happy to compare sources if you can provide the one you got that from. 
?m=02&d=20200703&t=2&i=1524562828&w=1200&r=LYNXMPEG6213G&w=800 WWW.REUTERS.COM pcr_test_social_media.jpg FULLFACT.ORG  
FULLFACT.ORG listing?version=5278361&width=590 WWW.THEJOURNAL.IE  
0af5785a887cdd48ca2d1e6ffcac4681391a2b0af5cbdf55d6ac7d4da3852765-2-scaled.jpg?v=1595403617 WWW.AAP.COM.AU  

Decent effort I'll give you that. Much of these don't debunk what was said by him though and claim that things are taken 'out of context '. This is their interpretation not a fact and his comments about PCR, even if attributed to aids can apply to any virus.

The amount of cycles is very much relevant as Carl Heneghan, professor of evidence based medicine said, anything tested over a certain level of cycles is meaningless as anything found above about 30 cycles would not be infectious. The UK and many other countries have tested way above that.

5 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Decent effort I'll give you that. Much of these don't debunk what was said by him though and claim that things are taken 'out of context '. This is their interpretation not a fact and his comments about PCR, even if attributed to aids can apply to any virus.

The amount of cycles is very much relevant as Carl Heneghan, professor of evidence based medicine said, anything tested over a certain level of cycles is meaningless as anything found above about 30 cycles would not be infectious. The UK and many other countries have tested way above that.

Any source of your own to back up what you're claiming? A direct quote where he actually says it is not suitable for mass testing and can find whatever you want? 

A number of those sites I listed explain in really simple terms why what you are claiming isn't true. You are living proof that even in the face of a mountain of reliable evidence to show you are wrong you still double down on your lies. Why is that? 

Edited by WV

Think you’ve got a screw loose if you’re criticising people for trying to stay safe and cancelling restaurant bookings. Embarrassing.  
I disagree. They cannot see the damage they are causing by keeping themselves 'safe' from a virus which will likely not kill them or anyone dear to them.

The NHS which you purport to protect relies on taxpayers. If those taxpayers are reduced because people have lost their livelihood then that means less money for the NHS.

This panic over a pretty non lethal virus has got to stop.
  • Like 1

Advert:

Any source of your own to back up what you're claiming? A direct quote where he actually says it is not suitable for mass testing and can find whatever you want? 

A number of those sites I listed state that he did not say that, context or no context. You are living proof that even in the face of a mountain of reliable evidence to show you are wrong you still double down on your lies. Why is that? 
I'll find the video.

5 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
9 minutes ago, WV said:

A number of those sites I listed state that he did not say that, context or no context. You are living proof that even in the face of a mountain of reliable evidence to show you are wrong you still double down on your lies. Why is that? 

I'll find the video.

What a bore you are spending your days trying to disprove what people say. Get a life!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WV said:

Keep peddling the BS 

If you cannot win people over without lying doesn't that tell you that you might not be in the right? Why do you keep perpetuating the bull <ovf censored>? I have a few sources for you so you can finally prove that you aren't closed minded and can change your mind in the face of new evidence. 

Happy to compare sources if you can provide the one you got that from. 

The gaslighting again. Truly dispicable.

Imagine lying, and then accusing someone who is telling the truth of lying, and then posting "evidence" which doesn't even relate to what they said.

Honestly, we're so <ovf censored> unless people start waking up to this complete and utter disinformation campaign.

I know leeds valiant is correct. I know this because I've seen multiple video clips of Kary Mullins, the inventor of the PCR test, discussing this exact subject. There's more than one video, in fact I watched it again 2 mninutes ago because I could not believe that someone was trying to deny it.

He's a scientist and not a public health official like whitty/fauci et al, so he actually does not get drawn into agreeing with things that are not true. But generally the things he says are:

PCR tests, if done well, can find almost anything in almost anyone. 

If you find a molecule of something, it doesn't mean that person is sick, and it doesn't mean that that molecule is a danger to that person.

PCR tests themselves cannot be manipulated, but the interpretation of the results can be.

Honestly WV you need to stop listening to "fact checkers". They're basically injecting lies right into your brain, bypassing any sense of critical thinking you may have had a long time ago.

On a related note - Facebook (who I believe actually fund a some of the big fact check services) have filed a motion in court THIS WEEK that says their fact check labels are actually a protected opinion and therefore they are not responsible if they are wrong. They're worthless.

You know they're worthless because you have posted 3 fact checks which don't actually fact check the think leeds valiant said. They cleverly move the goalposts slightly in order to be able to find the reason that they want. In the first instance, they fact check some anonymous facebook post which is close but not quite what Mullins had said. They didn't actually fact check what Mullins said. 

I posted it in another thread recently, but they fact checked Biden and found the claim that he'd used a historical version of the "n-word" as false. Then quoted him using the word several lines later. Their reason for it being false was that he meant to use to name the baseball league and not the player. Based on what? Nothing. They would fact check that the sea is wet and tell you it's a lie if it helped their agenda.

• Like 1

And to be clear - before anyone projects and straw mans me....I'm not saying the PCR test is useless. Leeds Valiant has not said the test is useless.

But the interpretations condensed into a scary headline based on the results of 1.3m-1.6m daily tests with absolutely no context, are next to useless.

They're useful for confirming a case of covid when you have reason to suspect you have covid although it's worth remembering that the vast, vast majority of people with Covid either don't know they have it, or develop very mild symptoms, and so that's why you need to take the 80k-90k daily cases figure with a pinch of salt, unless we have the missing context.

Just ask yourself this question - If we started testing 10 million people every day, do you think the 80k-90k case number would go up or down or stay the same?

Next, if we were testing 10 million people a day, would hospitalisations go up, down or stay the same?

The headline figure is correlational at best. It's not related to illness. It's not related to hospitalisations and it's not related to deaths. 

• Like 3

Advert:

45 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

And to be clear - before anyone projects and straw mans me....I'm not saying the PCR test is useless. Leeds Valiant has not said the test is useless.

But the interpretations condensed into a scary headline based on the results of 1.3m-1.6m daily tests with absolutely no context, are next to useless.

They're useful for confirming a case of covid when you have reason to suspect you have covid although it's worth remembering that the vast, vast majority of people with Covid either don't know they have it, or develop very mild symptoms, and so that's why you need to take the 80k-90k daily cases figure with a pinch of salt, unless we have the missing context.

Just ask yourself this question - If we started testing 10 million people every day, do you think the 80k-90k case number would go up or down or stay the same?

Next, if we were testing 10 million people a day, would hospitalisations go up, down or stay the same?

The headline figure is correlational at best. It's not related to illness. It's not related to hospitalisations and it's not related to deaths. 

Why would we test 10m a day? You seem to have a habit of making up outrageous scenarios that will never happen then asking the what ifs. Try and be a bit more honest. You're more outlandish than the media. Whats the point in debate if you think I am gaslighting and fact checking websites (more than one of them) are not in fact good for facts. I will take your word over theirs will I? 

5 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
13 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:
Don't present them with facts George. They need to be more scared!

As I thought, testing went up significantly yesterday to over 1.6 million. Around 5% positive, which is broadly what it has been for months (between 2.5% and 5%). Why are the other 95% of people testing themselves is what I want to know! Idiots.

2 weeks ago, my wife and I tested ourselves before we travelled 70 miles to a 90s Birthday party, not a sensible thing to do?

Very sensible thing to do. It's called common sense. I will be doing the same before heading to the pub with friends. 

Why would we test 10m a day? You seem to have a habit of making up outrageous scenarios that will never happen then asking the what ifs. Try and be a bit more honest. You're more outlandish than the media. Whats the point in debate if you think I am gaslighting and fact checking websites (more than one of them) are not in fact good for facts. I will take your word over theirs will I? 
No but you should take the words of the person that actually said it over 'fact checkers '

Advert:

Totally correct. The percentage of positive people hasn't risen since July.

Either Whitty doesn't understand statistics (which I doubt) or he is deliberately misleading people. Why? The only reason I can think of is to convince people to get the booster jab, but lying or being disingenuous isn't going to convince people that don't take things at face value.

This whole panic has been completely unnecessary. I feel sorry for the Welsh , Harold Bishop is actually certifiably insane and is thick as <ovf censored>. I'll guarantee he never even questions what he is doing. At least in England the nutcases on SAGE are held back a little by people questioning them.

It's going to be a good day when all this is highlighted for the sham it is. Sadly I suspect it will be a number of years.

2 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:
2 hours ago, tommytunstall said:
What a bore you are spending your days trying to disprove what people say. Get a life!

I have got a life, meanwhile you're 'staying safe' and not living your life.

Ron DeSantis seems to be handling things well in Florida?