Jump to content

  • OVF player sponsorship 2022

    £10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Coronavirus


robf

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Hindsight is wonderful.

 

I don't believe there is a better person to have lead us into battle against Coronavirus than Boris unless you have any ideas?

 

I'm not alone either, after electing his party with a huge majority his handling of the crisis has been positively received by the public, according to the data. Some suggesting it's the highest approval rating for a PM in years.

 

Have the EU managed to procure those ventilators yet?

Anyone but Boris I imagine. This is the same Boris who ignored WHO advice and kept the country open. Notably Cheltenham festival and a sold out Phonics gig in Cardiff. Both of these events contributed massively to our high death rate (which doesn't include care homes so you could potentially double the number of actual deaths) 

 

It will all come out in the wash so I wouldn't be hailing Boris as some sort of 2nd coming just yet. Can you think of any reason why us and USA are suffering most? Could it be that we both didnt lockdown early enough? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

He's not in a minority.  The majority did not want a Tory government.  It's our crazy electoral system that gave a landslide victory to the minority.

The majority did not want a Corbyn ran Government, that is why we have the Government we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Don’t disbelieve the Doctors and Nurses, in fact my sister is a nurse working with Covid-19 sufferers but the incompetence in some of the way Hospitals is run that there may be a case that there is plenty of PPE but not getting to the people who need it. Even if that is the case the Government should be aware of this and looking to resolve the situation. As I said, if this is not the case and the Government are lying there needs to be an investigation and heads should roll.

Phil, thank you for your reply, it’s not just the NHS that is ran in a shoddy fashion it’s the whole public sector. This will give some an excuse to have a period off work fully paid. It’s human behaviour some might say, I call it, selfishness and being unprofessional. The work will still be there in the same quantity it’s just the willing horses that will be flogged and expected to pick up as much slack as possible. This will lead to them being burnt out. So let’s keep testing the front line emergency services, then there are no excuses to allow them time off. It’s also time to merge the fire service with either the police or the NHS. The reason for my decision is that out of the three emergency services they are the least used, that is not undermining their role when we really need them. They are the most militant out of the emergency services and refuse to reform. I see in one part of the country the fire service are starting to drive ambulances 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WV said:

Anyone but Boris I imagine. This is the same Boris who ignored WHO advice and kept the country open. Notably Cheltenham festival and a sold out Phonics gig in Cardiff. Both of these events contributed massively to our high death rate (which doesn't include care homes so you could potentially double the number of actual deaths) 

 

It will all come out in the wash so I wouldn't be hailing Boris as some sort of 2nd coming just yet. Can you think of any reason why us and USA are suffering most? Could it be that we both didnt lockdown early enough? 

By what measurement are we suffering the most?

 

Why are Sweden not suffering worse than us? They are still not locked down as far as i know.

 

WHO is far from perfetct. We live in a free society which has saved more lives than we could possibly lose during this outbreak. I wouldn't want a PM to lock down the country lightly. Whether or not you think he locked down a few days late or a few days early is semantics.

 

You are angry, we all are, but you argument isn't substanstiated in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


16 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

By what measurement are we suffering the most?

 

Why are Sweden not suffering worse than us? They are still not locked down as far as i know.

 

WHO is far from perfetct. We live in a free society which has saved more lives than we could possibly lose during this outbreak. I wouldn't want a PM to lock down the country lightly. Whether or not you think he locked down a few days late or a few days early is semantics.

 

You are angry, we all are, but you argument isn't substanstiated in my opinion.

We have a far higher death toll per capita than most other countries. Ireland has an almost identical ICU bed per person rate as us but lockdown earlier. We are dying at over twice the rate here. Whys that? Lockdown date. Who decided we would wait? Boris

 

Sweden is a huge huge country with 1/7th the population  of here. Thought that would be obvious. Why don't you compare Sweden's numbers to other Scandinavian countries? Sweden have it worse than other comparable countries because of lockdown again.

 

It's not a few days late it was 2 weeks. Why do you think we are where we are and others arent? Is it just random in your mind? Like the evidence that is out there is all made up? 

 

What is your argument for Boris doing such a good job? I haven't seen one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, geoff1 said:

swedens population pay a lot more tax than this country would you be prepared to pay 45pc tax?

What difference would a different tax rate make in this situation? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


31 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

And here’s a picture to show how well the Tories have managed this. We had two weeks more notice than Italy or Spain

9839BE5D-4DC1-4314-A8E8-F3BC49A693E7.png

What would Labour have done any differently......Ignored scientific advice ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

CNN reporting in the last few hours that China has just imposed censorship restrictions on academic research into coronavirus:

The report states that a Chinese researcher who spoke on condition of anonymity due to fear of retaliation said the move was a worrying development that would likely obstruct important scientific research. The researcher told CNN:
"I think it is a coordinated effort from (the) Chinese government to control (the) narrative, and paint it as if the outbreak did not originate in China. And I don't think they will really tolerate any objective study to investigate the origination of this disease."

This sort of stuff just helps to confirm what the Chinese government is and that's a brutal oppressive regime, it's no wonder millions of Chinese people wish to move to the USA and the west. 

Virtually all the incredible revolution in molecular biology over the last 40 years has occurred in the USA/Europe (as you're probably aware) so the west is most capable of analyzing and testing the virus ad infinitum and finding treatments etc.

It's probably going to be impossible to point the finger at exactly where the virus originated/spread but the evidence points to a natural mutation spread in a wet market in Wuhan, such wet markets need to come to an end and an independent monitoring system put in place (not through The World Health Organization) to ensure they never appear again. .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rabb says his plan is working. Thank the lord for that. 11,000+ deaths, plus thousands more in care homes and at home, and he reckons his plan is working.  

Precisely whose scientific advice were they taking? David Icke's? They needed to have paid more attention to public health experts and the WHO, rather than statistical modellers, behaviourists and herd immunity believers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WV said:

We have a far higher death toll per capita than most other countries. Ireland has an almost identical ICU bed per person rate as us but lockdown earlier. We are dying at over twice the rate here. Whys that? Lockdown date. Who decided we would wait? Boris

 

Sweden is a huge huge country with 1/7th the population  of here. Thought that would be obvious. Why don't you compare Sweden's numbers to other Scandinavian countries? Sweden have it worse than other comparable countries because of lockdown again.

 

It's not a few days late it was 2 weeks. Why do you think we are where we are and others arent? Is it just random in your mind? Like the evidence that is out there is all made up? 

 

What is your argument for Boris doing such a good job? I haven't seen one

I contacted friends in Norway yesterday. They have 115 deaths from the virus Sweden have over 900. They tell me the Swedes aren’t self isolating because they’re stupid. I know that they once ruled the Norwegians and there’s no live list between them, but I have to agree with the Norwegians. Isolation and lockdown should not be a political argument and yes we should have locked down ASAP, after China announced it in 31/12/19. They’d known about it for sometime before then but hadn’t disclosed it to the world because they were in denial.

I still see ppl in groups walking the streets. This is a killer and ask would they be out if there were groups of ppl wandering around killing ppl.

I apologise for the rant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Acted earlier without all the bluster.

By the time Corbyn had discussed the matter with the IRA and Hamas chatted with the Womens institute, discussed it with conference and had a word with TUC and spoken to Anita in Hull, I don't think anything would have been done any differently,they would have listened to the scientists and locked us down just the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Rabb says his plan is working. Thank the lord for that. 11,000+ deaths, plus thousands more in care homes and at home, and he reckons his plan is working.  

Precisely whose scientific advice were they taking? David Icke's? They needed to have paid more attention to public health experts and the WHO, rather than statistical modellers, behaviourists and herd immunity believers.

 

 

The WHO don’t come out of this episode at all well. They were informed by medics in Taiwan in December about human to human transmission of the virus but their warnings were not shared because Taiwan is not recognised by WHO because China doesn’t want them to.  Taiwan put controls in place quickly despite the slow response from WHO and as a result has had very few cases and less than 10 deaths despite being very close to China. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...