Jump to content

Coronavirus


robf

Recommended Posts

The country  cant close down for 6 months as people will need jobs to go back to. Also people need to carry on working or there will definitely  be no more loo rolls in the shops.  Appreciate it can be fatal for people with pre existing  health issues and whilst it has flu like symptoms it  is more contagious,  but its not the Black Death with a 50% fatality rate.

The answer  for me is  the at risk people to take all the precautions they can , self isolating if necessary. The rest of us take more care with our personal hygiene and  Keep calm and carry on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

I can,the point is general hygiene and I won't be rushing back to eat again in certain local pubs that allow dogs to sit on tables where they share food with their owners.

What worries me even more is the fact that these places are able to achieve five stars in food hygiene ratings?

Remind me and my dog not to share a pub with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johnson, the Chief Health Official, and the Chief Scientific Advisor just been on to say that the numbers are going to escalate quite a bit in the next 10-14 days as we move from 'contain' to 'delay', according to scientific and mathematical models.

At that stage, anyone showing ANY sign of respiratory infection (down to the common cold) will have to self-isolate for 7 days.

Edited by Joe B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

It seems that the main item being bought in bulk is toilet paper.  Does that mean that those folk who are stockpiling are actually full of s***?

The laughable thing about these loons stocking up on hundreds of toilet rolls is, the runs, putting it mildly, are not a symptom of corona virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Conrad said:

The laughable thing about these loons stocking up on hundreds of toilet rolls is, the runs, putting it mildly, are not a symptom of corona virus.

Not very funny at all, since diarrhea is one of the effects of coronavirus. Newspapers do have their uses, many more pages nowadays  than the WW2 ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Not very funny at all, since diarrhea is one of the effects of coronavirus. Newspapers do have their uses, many more pages nowadays  than the WW2 ones.

Well there was someone on the radio saying diarrhoea is not a symptom of the virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody saying that this Virus is something or nothing and will blow over might want to think again after watching News at Ten.

Italy in total lock down,I cant imagine Britain in total lock down, there are large numbers of people who hate and despise being told what to do so they will probably exercise their right to free movement.

The stock market is going south, business is going to have a hell of a fight on it's hands.

Advice to self contain for 14 days will be taken advantage of and some with the virus will carry on as normal,so that will cause chaos.

How will the already emergency services cope if say 15% of the staff are off work ?

Who will police the restrictions ?

Very worrying times.......

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mario said:

 

Italy in total lock down,I cant imagine Britain in total lock down, there are large numbers of people who hate and despise being told what to do so they will probably exercise their right to free movement.

I thought we'd voted against freedom of movement??

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is an account by five front-line medics, specialists in infectious disease, on how they coped with other major outbreaks including SARS, swine flu, and ebola; and their advice on how to cope with Covid-19:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/08/treated-sars-ebola-swine-flu-need-know-coronavirus/?WT.mc_id=tmgliveapp_iosshare_At8Mf04Px6xm

It makes sobering reading. The main point about Corona virus is that it is highly infectious and easily transmitted. We do not have a vaccine or any therapeutic treatments and no one has natural antibodies because it is a new virus. You will get better if your immune system can adapt, if not it's fatal, which is why governments across the world have taken such stringent action.

Our turn next...unless we're very, very lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Here is an account by five front-line medics, specialists in infectious disease, on how they coped with other major outbreaks including SARS, swine flu, and ebola; and their advice on how to cope with Covid-19:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/08/treated-sars-ebola-swine-flu-need-know-coronavirus/?WT.mc_id=tmgliveapp_iosshare_At8Mf04Px6xm

It makes sobering reading. The main point about Corona virus is that it is highly infectious and easily transmitted. We do not have a vaccine or any therapeutic treatments and no one has natural antibodies because it is a new virus. You will get better if your immune system can adapt, if not it's fatal, which is why governments across the world have taken such stringent action.

Our turn next...unless we're very, very lucky.

Thats my point......We are going to have to be very very lucky to avoid any major disruption,it's not only the physical virus I'm concerned about it's the effects of the civil side that worries me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...