Jump to content

Coronavirus


robf

Recommended Posts

Im wondering if all those people who are saying being made to wear masks is a form of control and the danger is so low from the virus is not worth bothering over bother to wear seat belts in cars because the chance of going through a windshield is so low or dont carry mobile phones because they track your location. I dont mind if people dont wear masks just dont turn up at hospital or expect me to have sympathy if it all goes bad for you.
It's a poor analogy for the reasons that Regal Beagle gives but also due to the fact that wearing a seatbelt has been proven to save lives over many years of study. It's a tangible, clear, evidence based reasoning for people wearing them. I understand that there was 10 years of testing undertaken before they were even trialled.

Masks until just over a year ago had been proclaimed as useless by every leading health agency and then 5 minutes of studies later they're all of a sudden highly effective. Genuinely if you can't see the fallacy in that then there is no hope.

It's purely theatre to remind people that danger is about but is also a fairly non intrusive measure to show that governments are doing something, even if that something is useless.

Your final comment insinuates that you don't care about people who choose to drink excessively or smokers? Presumably we should have no sympathy for them if they end up in hospital? Or those that eat too much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seat belts were due to the introduction of motorways with no speed limits as with autobahn. Originally speeds were limited by a man walking with a flag infront of the vehicle.
But with the increase in speed accidents became more deadly and injurious, it did take a long time to introduce but there was not as much traffic then.Today is a different matter with the increased acceleration, power and powerful braking, seatbelts are widely accepted. Covid appeared in a few months not hundreds of months as with motor vehicles, thus not a very good comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, For Us All said:

Could have sworn you asked for covididiots of the month?

Oh,hang on you did.

No i asked if you agreed that Johnson and his government were covidiots, I am happy for you to nominate others who didn't follow the rules, but I am interested in what you think about our own pm/government breaking the rules they expect us to follow. For once admit they are a shambles and don't deflect! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

It's a poor analogy for the reasons that Regal Beagle gives but also due to the fact that wearing a seatbelt has been proven to save lives over many years of study. It's a tangible, clear, evidence based reasoning for people wearing them. I understand that there was 10 years of testing undertaken before they were even trialled.

Masks until just over a year ago had been proclaimed as useless by every leading health agency and then 5 minutes of studies later they're all of a sudden highly effective. Genuinely if you can't see the fallacy in that then there is no hope.

It's purely theatre to remind people that danger is about but is also a fairly non intrusive measure to show that governments are doing something, even if that something is useless.

Your final comment insinuates that you don't care about people who choose to drink excessively or smokers? Presumably we should have no sympathy for them if they end up in hospital? Or those that eat too much?

What a load of <ovf censored>  

Apart from your last paragraph which I agree with. If you are a drunk and injured yourself I shouldn't have to pay for your treatment. Same with smokers and drug users. You know the risk, dont expect someone else to look after you when it all goes <ovf censored> up. 

 

Have you thought why there has been worldwide research on masks recently? Show me one peer reviewed research paper dated prior to covid that says masks are useless. Please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ginge said:

No i asked if you agreed that Johnson and his government were covidiots, I am happy for you to nominate others who didn't follow the rules, but I am interested in what you think about our own pm/government breaking the rules they expect us to follow. For once admit they are a shambles and don't deflect! 

FUA cant admit it because he is a shambles himself. Man child  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what would you do?
Apologies over late reply. What I would like to see is a return to the government's strategy of 2019 which was to protect the vulnerable.
Lockdown is something we've copied from the totalitarian regime of China for some reason.
Also use existing treatments and not a vaccine. That is all.
I fear what the governments of the world have done is mainly theatre to show they've taken action. Also that they've complied with Agenda 2030 of the UN which isn't going to be much fun if it succeeds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies over late reply. What I would like to see is a return to the government's strategy of 2019 which was to protect the vulnerable.
Lockdown is something we've copied from the totalitarian regime of China for some reason.
Also use existing treatments and not a vaccine. That is all.
I fear what the governments of the world have done is mainly theatre to show they've taken action. Also that they've complied with Agenda 2030 of the UN which isn't going to be much fun if it succeeds
Do you mean when the over 70s were confined to residence ? No thank you, I will wear a mask and stay out of pubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, ginge said:

So you still have no opinions on the government breaking their own rules? 

I wish you'd keep up.I've already said that I prefer to wait for the results of the inquiry and trust that justice will prevail.

You know what they say 'trust the process'.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, For Us All said:

I wish you'd keep up.I've already said that I prefer to wait for the results of the inquiry and trust that justice will prevail.

You know what they say 'trust the process'.

Do you take this approach when any political individual/party is accused of something? You refuse to comment, at all, until official enquiry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...