Coronavirus

robf

Starker is supporting the correct thing, based on the evidence from the medical profession.
But he didn't ask for any evidence because ultimately there isn't any. Yes there is likelihood that this is more transmissable but nobody knows its severity. Surely you would ask that if you knew it would affect the people you are supposed to represent? Science is not black and white....wouldn't it be wise to seek a range of views not just those of the hysterically pessimistic CMO?

Advert:

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:
1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:
With his legal background the need for the appropriate evidence is in his blood. 

Well....quite. You'd want to be absolutely sure wouldn't you?

Just like you are about the masks despite the majority of the 67 studies into the effectiveness of masks showing that they are effective in stopping the wearer spreading covid. But you're absolutely sure based on a very small minority of research (2/67 reports since the pandemic begun) supporting your view. Wonder what you would say if Starmer backed something only 3% of the scientific community agreed with? 

Edited by WV

Advert:

Just like you are about the masks despite the majority of the 67 studies into the effectiveness of masks showing that they are effective in stopping the wearer spreading covid. But you're absolutely sure based on a very small minority of research (2/67 reports since the pandemic begun) supporting your view. Wonder what you would say if Starmer backed something only 3% of the scientific community agreed with? 
I don't know where you got those figures from but they're an absolute load of rubbish!

For a start there have been way more than that.

I find any inconvenience of wearing a mask worthwhile if it reduces the transfer of a dangerous virus between myself and another person.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Not sure. But apparently there’s a fair proportion unvaccinated 

The reason i ask was i was thinking that they would make an excellent test case for heard immunity once someone has tested positive.

We've all heard of dozens and dozens of them testing positive so therefore creating natural antibodies 

So i want to know if any of them have caught it twice

The vaccine doesn't appear to do anything imo.... except cause division and finger pointing

I find any inconvenience of wearing a mask worthwhile if it reduces the transfer of a dangerous virus between myself and another person.
I think that's fair if that's what you believe. I don't, with the possible exception of industrial masks such as those used in asbestos. I just think they are used as a sign that something dangerous is lurking round every corner and prolongs the 'terror' felt by some of the unquestioning sheep.

Advert:

The reason i ask was i was thinking that they would make an excellent test case for heard immunity once someone has tested positive.
We've all heard of dozens and dozens of them testing positive so therefore creating natural antibodies 
The vaccine doesn't appear to do anything imo.... except cause division and finger pointing
The latest reports suggest natural immunity is far, far more protective than the vaccines.

They're really not as they were sold are they? When will people say enough ?

47 minutes ago, Gungho_ED said:

GE, Vaccines don't prevent the transmission of the virus, they work by containing a "Piece of the virus" that enters the cell and doesn't cause disease but it primes/stimulates the immune system of a person to produce antibodies etc. So if a person who's had the vaccine encounters the real virus then their immune system is primed to fight it immediately hence the likelihood of severe disease is reduced.

The proof that they work is in the reduced numbers of people who've been hospitalized since their introduction.

Current average deaths in South Africa, where this variant is 'raging ' have remained flat at about 20 a day. Scientists from there and others around the world saying this is mass hysteria and panic and yet we put our faith in Chris 'I've got shares in Pfizer' Whitty.

Even the president of South Africa is saying nobody has died and nobody is getting ill. Several journalists in south Africa have also shown tours of empty hospitals.

We've been fooled by the models again for the 100th time.

Advert:

15 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

I don't know where you got those figures from but they're an absolute load of rubbish!

For a start there have been way more than that.

Peer reviewed studies 

SCHOLAR.GOOGLE.CO.UK

Find me one on there that says you're better not wearing a mask than wearing one.