Coronavirus

robf

There are now far more cases than the figures suggest. Personally I now loads of people who are isolating.  Plan B has got to come in. Hospitals are suffering because of the number of non vaxxed, filling up the wards. We need to stop pussy footing about, if people cannot be arsed to get the jab, then keep them out of pubs, nightclubs etc.

On 09/12/2021 at 18:29, tommytunstall said:
There are now far more cases than the figures suggest. Personally I now loads of people who are isolating.  Plan B has got to come in. Hospitals are suffering because of the number of non vaxxed, filling up the wards. We need to stop pussy footing about, if people cannot be arsed to get the jab, then keep them out of pubs, nightclubs etc.

removed by admin

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Still going with this guys? Doing everything to keep us safe?

I had the misfortune to hear Angela Rayner this morning. My god is she thick as mince. When confronted with the fact that Omicron cases have already peaked and have started to fall in south Africa, she said (I paraphrase) 'well the CMO told kier it was going to be bad, he's seen a model '. The interviewer then asked if Starmer had asked the CMO for any evidence for this and she said 'No but the CMO said so'. It's like 'well the teacher said '

So there we have it guys. The leader of the opposition who is leader of the party that supposedly 'cares' is not interested in evidence when deciding to support interventions which will undoubtedly hit the very people the labour party is supposed to represent hardest. Brilliant. And I voted for them in the last 3 elections!

More ridiculous modelling which will undoubtedly be proven wildly inaccurate AGAIN.

Don’t think any party will be suitable for your loopy views 

1 hour ago, Gungho_ED said:

I'm assuming that all the players in all the football league clubs do the more accurate pcr tests every day 

Does anyone know if any of them having tested positive previously and then gone on to test positive again? As in caught  it twice?

Not sure. But apparently there’s a fair proportion unvaccinated 

Your lack of understanding of the issues is mind blowing. A microcosm of the British public.

Hospital occupancy has gone down from nearly 10,000 in November to just over 7000. Deaths are also heading down. Nobody has died from this new variant. But of course you heard a clever man on the BBC say things were really bad. Presumably all these people you know have got a sniffle right?

You know also that vaccines do not prevent transmission and don't stop you getting the virus. This new variant is supposedly much less affected by vaccines. With that in mind, how are vaccine passports justified as a means of virus control?

Also it's spelt 'know '.

8 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Your lack of understanding of the issues is mind blowing. A microcosm of the British public.

Hospital occupancy has gone down from nearly 10,000 in November to just over 7000. Deaths are also heading down. Nobody has died from this new variant. But of course you heard a clever man on the BBC say things were really bad. Presumably all these people you know have got a sniffle right?

You know also that vaccines do not prevent transmission and don't stop you getting the virus. This new variant is supposedly much less affected by vaccines. With that in mind, how are vaccine passports justified as a means of virus control?

Also it's spelt 'know '.

We are constantly 50k cases daily, plus others who don’t record their illness. Many hospital ICUs are full, including Stoke. Mostly non vaxxed. This is not a sniffle, that is very disrespectful but not surprising from you. The action that is now coming in is long overdue.

45 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

We are constantly 50k cases daily, plus others who don’t record their illness. Many hospital ICUs are full, including Stoke. Mostly non vaxxed. This is not a sniffle, that is very disrespectful but not surprising from you. The action that is now coming in is long overdue.

Who told you stokes ICU is full of these cases

24 minutes ago, newchapel valiant said:

Apparently no cases of hospitalizations have been confirmed as being down to the new variant yet in this country according to a health expert on TV this morning. 

So we do nothing until they are in trouble, it is the problem with exponential growth.

50 minutes ago, WV said:

46 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

So we do nothing until they are in trouble, it is the problem with exponential growth.

Wasn't saying we do nothing, I was commenting on what was said by expert this morning, just like WV is doing posting that link. 

19 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Still going with this guys? Doing everything to keep us safe?

I had the misfortune to hear Angela Rayner this morning. My god is she thick as mince. When confronted with the fact that Omicron cases have already peaked and have started to fall in south Africa, she said (I paraphrase) 'well the CMO told kier it was going to be bad, he's seen a model '. The interviewer then asked if Starmer had asked the CMO for any evidence for this and she said 'No but the CMO said so'. It's like 'well the teacher said '

So there we have it guys. The leader of the opposition who is leader of the party that supposedly 'cares' is not interested in evidence when deciding to support interventions which will undoubtedly hit the very people the labour party is supposed to represent hardest. Brilliant. And I voted for them in the last 3 elections!

More ridiculous modelling which will undoubtedly be proven wildly inaccurate AGAIN.

To be fair to Starmer you would expect the CMO to know his/her stuff, so why would he investigate closely something he is not trained in. I happen to think the problem isn`t this Omicron variant but the amount of Delta still around. There is a good chance that Omicron brings an end to all this but as it isn`t dominant yet, a few weeks of caution won`t do a lot of harm.

I caught covid last Sunday in a fairly packed small bar where suddenly people started singing, not normally a problem but 5 out of our group of 6 caught the virus( reasonably mildly so far) the only one who hasn`t is in her 80s and the only one of us triple vaccinated. A little encouragement to get the vaccine won`t do any harm.

To be fair to Starmer you would expect the CMO to know his/her stuff, so why would he investigate closely something he is not trained in. I happen to think the problem isn`t this Omicron variant but the amount of Delta still around. There is a good chance that Omicron brings an end to all this but as it isn`t dominant yet, a few weeks of caution won`t do a lot of harm.
I caught covid last Sunday in a fairly packed small bar where suddenly people started singing, not normally a problem but 5 out of our group of 6 caught the virus( reasonably mildly so far) the only one who hasn`t is in her 80s and the only one of us triple vaccinated. A little encouragement to get the vaccine won`t do any harm.
I agree he's not trained in it but as the leader of the opposition, you have to be certain that you are supporting the right thing. Surely evidence would be a basic thing to ask for?

4 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I agree he's not trained in it but as the leader of the opposition, you have to be certain that you are supporting the right thing. Surely evidence would be a basic thing to ask for?

Starker is supporting the correct thing, based on the evidence from the medical profession.

2 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

With his legal background the need for the appropriate evidence is in his blood. 

It's winter. Hospitals are always over capacity! Additionally, we're seeing the effects of virtually shutting down the health service for 18 months and terrifying people into not seeking medical treatment. What did they think would happen?

We agree that vulnerable people in particular should get the vaccine otherwise they run the very small risk of being hospitalised. Offer a very small percentage of people it is a serious virus, predominantly those over 80 with numerous comorbidities....most people, the vast majority, it is a sniffle, that's just the facts and not downplaying it.

I won't go over cases again. I've tried to explain it to you but that clever man on the telly says they're bad so I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

Is the action long overdue? Deaths and hospitalisations have been falling consistently. You could maybe justify new measures with an unknown variant but before that you couldn't surely? We'll always have cases as long as we test in the numbers that we do. The only number that should matter is those ill or dying of Covid not with it.

• Like 2