Coronavirus

robf

10 minutes ago, FriedRice said:

come on guys give Nige a chance its not like he is homophobic or is a climate change denier or wants to legalise handguns or spoke at far right rallies or is on a FBI person of interest list in the russian election or said that the lifeboat service was a taxi service for immigrants oh wait sorry he did do all those things

Wow 😂

CDC link for masks?
More probablys 
1139048-blank-355.png WWW.STATISTA.COM  

What the data tells us is that you cannot decide by country if masks made a difference or not. There are far too many other factors at play. How many people were compliant with mask rules? What percentage of people were working from home? Age of population?  You won't consider any other data as it doesn't suit your rigid point of view.  

Anyway, you need yours on now. If it isn't too much of a hardship for you to put some cloth on your face for 5 minutes in the shop.

og-eid-logo-2.jpg WWWNC.CDC.GOV

face-masks.jpg?w=640 SWPRS.ORG also a European CDC investigation here

So basically what you're saying is it's virtually impossible to ascertain whether face masks are effective because of different variables. So with that in mind, I'm going to wear a string of garlic around my neck just in case.

Surely the fact that many European countries have fared worse than us in recent months (something which you didn't argue against after I presented you with the facts) suggests that their interventions aren't really helping?

24 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

og-eid-logo-2.jpg

WWWNC.CDC.GOV

face-masks.jpg?w=640

SWPRS.ORG also a European CDC investigation here

So basically what you're saying is it's virtually impossible to ascertain whether face masks are effective because of different variables. So with that in mind, I'm going to wear a string of garlic around my neck just in case.

Surely the fact that many European countries have fared worse than us in recent months (something which you didn't argue against after I presented you with the facts) suggests that their interventions aren't really helping?

Do us a favour. Put your mask on and stop whining!!

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

og-eid-logo-2.jpg

WWWNC.CDC.GOV

face-masks.jpg?w=640

SWPRS.ORG also a European CDC investigation here

No I have not said it is virtually impossible to ascertain whether masks are effective or not. Thanks for putting words into my mouth. I am saying there are more factors to consider as to why a country with or without masks is performing the way they are. Do you understand the difference? 

HEALTHBLOG.UOFMHEALTH.ORG

Edited by WV

31 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
54 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:
Do us a favour. Put your mask on and stop whining!!

Another constructive, well thought out argument from TT

its a request not a argument

No I have not said it is virtually impossible to ascertain whether masks are effective or not. Thanks for putting words into my mouth. I am saying there are more factors to consider as to why a country with or without masks is performing the way they are. Do you understand the difference? 

COVID-19-SM-1200px.jpg WWW.CDC.GOV talking_heads_with_masks_covid.png HEALTHBLOG.UOFMHEALTH.ORG  

Yes I understand that there are different factors in terms of adherence but even if justa certain percentage of people wore masks properly in these countries then surely we would see a discernible difference ?. My argument is that the prevailing evidence suggests that they do not make much if any difference as evidenced by the many countries that use them. Surely we have to judge it on real outcomes? For example, Wales in comparison to England? Similar people, similar genetic makeup, similar rules in place (bar the masks) but yet per 100,000 of population has performed worse than England in recent months.

You might be right, they might be magnificent at preventing transmission but the real world evidence suggests otherwise.

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:
1 hour ago, FriedRice said:
its a request not a argument

And as per usual backed up with nothing more than virtue signalling and emotion.

You’ve had numerous responses now that have posted links to support ‘emotion’ or as some would call it common sense. 

COVID-19-SM-1200px.jpg WWW.CDC.GOV talking_heads_with_masks_covid.png HEALTHBLOG.UOFMHEALTH.ORG  
By the way, I don't know whether you posted these 2 articles in support of masks but they give no reasons why you should wear a mask. They just say 'wear a mask, trust us'.

More ridiculous over reaction, ruining people's lives and businesses, causing schools to cancel nice events for parents and their families. Causing people to cancel their Christmas parties, ruining South Africa travel at what is their busiest time of year. Stop holding these stupid restrictions over us and turning them on and off like a tap!

I overheard this morning how other parents are horrified that my daughter's school is allowing 4 people per family to come and watch the nativity. If you don't feel safe then don't come! Stop trying to ruin people's lives.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

More ridiculous over reaction, ruining people's lives and businesses, causing schools to cancel nice events for parents and their families. Causing people to cancel their Christmas parties, ruining South Africa travel at what is their busiest time of year. Stop holding these stupid restrictions over us and turning them on and off like a tap!

I overheard this morning how other parents are horrified that my daughter's school is allowing 4 people per family to come and watch the nativity. If you don't feel safe then don't come! Stop trying to ruin people's lives.

You are just like an old record player, that is stuck!!