Coronavirus

robf

Germany to impose restrictions for those unvaccinated against COVID-19 Only people who are vaccinated against COVID-19, or have recovered, will be allowed to go to restaurants, pubs, cinemas, gyms, cultural events, and non-essential shops, according to Reuters, AFP, and the BBC. Those who are unvaccinated are only permitted to meet two people from another household. The decision comes after a meeting between Chancellor Angela Merkel, her soon-to-be replacement Olaf Scholz, and regional leaders.   Good...
Good? Good? It seems that the Germans haven't learnt from history. No matter how much you think vaccination is a good idea, it should NEVER be forced upon anyone. Nor should people be segregated from society. That tactic has never ended well as the germans should know.

You may think the reason for people not having it are insane, stupid, selfish but you'd be happy to see people be massively fined or go to jail for refusing to have a medical intervention on their own body?

The vaccines don't stop you getting it and the data on preventing transmission is patchy, but you can still transmit it. Hence why people are testing positive in huge numbers. Most healthy people don't need it! My chance of dying is 0.06% at 38. Even at 60 it's a tiny tiny chance.

It should have been given to those that needed it, worldwide, we know who they are and what age bracket they come under, plus anybody vulnerable under 70. Everyone who needed it could have had it by now, yet in the USA they're giving it to 5 year olds who have more chance of being killed by lightning! This incessant charge to get everyone in the world vaccinated is disturbing.

3 hours ago, Mario said:
Germany to impose restrictions for those unvaccinated against COVID-19
Only people who are vaccinated against COVID-19, or have recovered, will be allowed to go to restaurants, pubs, cinemas, gyms, cultural events, and non-essential shops, according to Reuters, AFP, and the BBC. Those who are unvaccinated are only permitted to meet two people from another household. The decision comes after a meeting between Chancellor Angela Merkel, her soon-to-be replacement Olaf Scholz, and regional leaders.

Good...

Good??

Make them wear a yellow star aswell,  maybe build camps until they come to their senses!!

Doesn't anyone see how dark this is becoming?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

*If you're over 70 or have severe underlying health conditions.

I agree that people shouldn't be scared to take a vaccine but I don't think that's the reason people aren't having it.

It's not 1% across any age group. Let's be clear. It's been averaged between 0.25 and 0.5%.

Just do the maths. Deaths/cases. The only numbers that are there will tell you that it is not between 0.25 and 0.5 

Of the people I know who died none of them were over 70 or had underlying health issues. Some anecdotal evidence there for you.

Edited by WV

45 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Why do u think we support what he does just cause we agree with brexit 

You got sold a pup by a goon desperate for power. Nothing you bought has happened, life has got worse since Brexit was voted for. Fact. 

• Like 3

Good??
Make them wear a yellow star aswell,  maybe build camps until they come to their senses!!
Doesn't anyone see how dark this is becoming?

By good I mean at last Germany is doing something to get on top of this awful virus

Just do the maths. Deaths/cases. The only numbers that are there will tell you that it is not between 0.25 and 0.5 
Of the people I know who died none of them were over 70 or had underlying health issues. Some anecdotal evidence there for you.
And I told you that you can't base death rate on cases because a huge amount of people will have had it and never known.

You must be the most unlucky person. Very few people under 70 without underlying health issues have died. In fact the odds must be huge.

Direct quote from ONS....

There was a total of 9400 deaths in 2020 that were due to COVID-19 and were recorded without any pre-existing conditions. Of the 9400 deaths, 1549 deaths were registered for people aged between 1-64.

So up to the age of 64 there was just over 1500 deaths in 2020 with no underlying condition.....out of a population of 67 million. And didn't you say you know 4 people out of that number? Not questioning your honesty but that's long odds.

For whatever LV says, the whole thing is, and has always been, about managing load on hospitals. End of.

You can quite rightly say the death rate is low. But if the hospitals are ram packed with cases, ICU full,  then that is not good. That is the situation here in NL. The hospitals are rammed.  So they can do nothing else at the moment. They are cancelling chemo and all non-essential ops.

Same in Germany. 

Basically here you can forget going to the doctor unless you are at death's door. Because nothing is going to happen.

Edited by toyahw

For whatever LV says, the whole thing is, and has always been, about managing load on hospitals. End of.
You can quite rightly say the death rate is low. But if the hospitals are ram packed with cases, ICU full,  then that is not good. That is the situation here in NL. The hospitals are rammed.  So they can do nothing else at the moment. They are cancelling chemo and all non-essential ops.
Same in Germany. 
Basically here you can forget going to the doctor unless you are at death's door. Because nothing is going to happen.
I agree. The question has to be asked though...has all this action exacerbated the issue in hospital? The backlog of other illnesses? The removal of beds? People going to hospital because they can't see GPs? People letting chronic illness get worse until it's too late? Leaving already isolated people to worsen? Staff off isolating? People going to hospital instead of the doctor because they've been convinced that if they have a sniffle they're going to die. I'm convinced that hospitals have made things worse for themselves and then on top of that they seem to have selective memory of how busy hospitals get at certain times of year. Even at the peak our hospitals were never overwhelmed but were in a dire state due to the reasons outlined above.

In fact a GP, Carl Heneghan said that he worked on Boxing Day last and said it was so quiet because everyone who would ordinarily go to a GP was going straight to hospital. Not because they needed hospital however. This was predominantly due to the fact that they were convinced they were gravely ill, such was the fear that had been instilled in people.

I think brexit and Trump set the foundations for how the media and political class is treating information during covid. There is a hunger for lies that prove to yourself that you were right all along. Society doesn't want to be principled any more, they want to be right.

If we had principles, no one would support vaccine mandates. No one would be gleefully cheering on the European Union threatening to tear up the Nuremburg code and it would have no bearing on whether or not you had chosen to be vaccinated.

it's the ultimate selfishness to sacrifice other people for your own perceived freedom. Much more difficult to sacrifice yourself for the rights of others.

We could well and truly discuss "the science" and make policy decisions based what would actually help rather than what millions of people will sacrifice because they've had their christmas threatened once again.

This is the <ovf censored> we're dealing with now. Before anything has been found out about Omicron, these idiots are putting in restrictions 'just in case '. It's gone beyond bonkers! But not simple restrictions, closing businesses or making it impossible for them to make a profit. If I was Irish I would be absolutely seething.

Perhaps we should all live in underground lead lined caves just in case of an asteroid hit!

The power that these people have has well and truly gone to their heads.

What happens if they find out that Omicron is not the disaster they think? Will they cancel all these crazy restrictions? Idiots, utter idiots.
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

This is the <ovf censored> we're dealing with now. Before anything has been found out about Omicron, these idiots are putting in restrictions 'just in case '. It's gone beyond bonkers! But not simple restrictions, closing businesses or making it impossible for them to make a profit. If I was Irish I would be absolutely seething.

Perhaps we should all live in underground lead lined caves just in case of an asteroid hit!

The power that these people have has well and truly gone to their heads.

What happens if they find out that Omicron is not the disaster they think? Will they cancel all these crazy restrictions? Idiots, utter idiots.

Governments are criticised for not moving quickly enough, like in the UK last year. Other Governments like Germany and Ireland are quick off the mark here. It’s a no win situation, but they are dealing with scientific evidence, not the mumbo jumbo you read LV.

Governments are criticised for not moving quickly enough, like in the UK last year. Other Governments like Germany and Ireland are quick off the mark here. It’s a no win situation, but they are dealing with scientific evidence, not the mumbo jumbo you read LV.
What evidence? They haven't got any at the moment! This is the danger, that they're dropping restrictions that massively effect people 'just in case '. It's nuts!

Still going with this guys? Doing everything to keep us safe?

I had the misfortune to hear Angela Rayner this morning. My god is she thick as mince. When confronted with the fact that Omicron cases have already peaked and have started to fall in south Africa, she said (I paraphrase) 'well the CMO told kier it was going to be bad, he's seen a model '. The interviewer then asked if Starmer had asked the CMO for any evidence for this and she said 'No but the CMO said so'. It's like 'well the teacher said '

So there we have it guys. The leader of the opposition who is leader of the party that supposedly 'cares' is not interested in evidence when deciding to support interventions which will undoubtedly hit the very people the labour party is supposed to represent hardest. Brilliant. And I voted for them in the last 3 elections!

More ridiculous modelling which will undoubtedly be proven wildly inaccurate AGAIN.