Coronavirus

robf

You're lucky.  Everyone on here knows a bloke who used to be a regular contributor who lost his life to covid early in the pandemic.  Another member of his family died as well. 
I'm not denying people have died. I'm just querying the fact that this person knows 'a few people who have died' whereas I and anyone I know does not know anybody. He must be extremely unlucky...

Totally uncalled for comments. Will you stop at nothing to get over your nonsensical views

True though. Again, it works both ways. I've been labelled as selfish, a Covid denier a conspiracy theorist but when I call out those who have supported all these actions and the consequences of those actions they get all defensive about it.

At last action on Masks etc, we cannot let these figures keep rising, plus another variant comes into the mix. Despite what LV says mask have been proven to be a deterrent , that’s why most EU countries still wear them
It's clearly working out well for them isn't it? That's some twisted thought process. Masks work, lots of places in Europe are still wearing them, and they are currently faring much worse than us. It's not a great endorsement is it?

24 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

True though.

No. It is a total fabriction of what I said. In some respects I had some sympathy for your sceptical point. There were  a bits and bobs vis regs, I got and still do. But 

you've supported scaring people so much that they aren't going to hospital for treatment and are dying needlessly at home. Hope that makes you feel good, man.

That is outrageous as I say again.  I never scared anyone anytime. I'm not scared, what will be will be. My aunt is having chemo. So yeah I'm pissed off when it is cancelled. 

None of this x show makes me feel a "good man".  What makes feel a good man is because I am.  It happens.

Edited by toyahw

No. It is a total fabriction of what I said. In some respects I had some sympathy for your sceptical point. There were  a bits and bobs vis regs, I got and still do. But 
you've supported scaring people so much that they aren't going to hospital for treatment and are dying needlessly at home. Hope that makes you feel good, man.
That is outrageous as I say again.  I never scared anyone anytime. I'm not scared, what will be will be. My aunt is having chemo. So yeah I'm pissed off when it is cancelled. 
None of this show makes me feel a "good man".   What a stupid statement.  I'm a good man because I am.  Just the way I am.   It happens.
Fair enough and I apologise for tarring you with that brush. I'm not a bad person, I'm just getting increasingly frustrated with all this. I retract my previous comment.

I dont understand the whole 'its my right to not wear masks' thing ok they fog my glasses sometimes but they arnt painful or uncomfortable, they weigh nothing and how long is someone going to spend in a shop ? This time of year most of us are trying to get out of shopping not spend longer in them so why not put them on but hey only 144,000 dead.

I agree. It's not a big deal to wear a mask for 5 minutes. However...it's what the mask represents, the danger lurking on every corner, the boogie man, the mindless compliance. I won't go into your other point about the number of dead, I've gone over that too many times.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
41 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:
You're lucky.  Everyone on here knows a bloke who used to be a regular contributor who lost his life to covid early in the pandemic.  Another member of his family died as well. 

I'm not denying people have died. I'm just querying the fact that this person knows 'a few people who have died' whereas I and anyone I know does not know anybody. He must be extremely unlucky...

You've been on this message board from 17 years and you didn't know Old Sage?? 

2 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:
You've been on this message board from 17 years and you didn't know Old Sage?? 

I didn't if I'm honest. I rarely posted until this year. Very sad for him and his family and I don't want to belittle any death.

So how many posts have you actually made about football??

9 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
12 minutes ago, toyahw said:
There we agree. It is driving us mental  lockdown III. It's no bloody life here.

And I think therein lies my point. Do we live behind the settee in fear of something that is unlikely to affect us or do we live as best we can knowing that there are risks in life?

There is balance to be struck for me. I'm not scared. Careful. But at the end of the day it all comes to hospitals really. They are on their knees here.  So if you can do this that and the other to help out?  Why not. I mean I simply like keeping distance. Rule could stay forever for me.  

Edited by toyahw

There is balance to be struck for me. I'm not scared. Careful. But at the end of the day it all comes to hospitals really. They are on their knees here.  So if you can do this that and the other to help out?  Why not. I mean I simply like keeping distance. Rule could stay forever for me.  

I agree. I'm just concerned that a lot of the problems in hospitals have not arisen because of Covid but because of the reaction to it. I'm with you on the distancing thing but the table service thing in pubs and restaurants was just silly and damaging and things like football are impossible to do with any social distancing in place.

You'll be unsurprised to know that I'm not particularly careful day to day. If I had cold or flu symptoms then I would be out of courtesy. I was round at my in laws the other day and had a slight cold, so stayed out of the way. The asymptomatic thing has been massively overplayed.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:
On 27/11/2021 at 06:29, WV said:
99.97%? Really? I'm not a mathematician but it's quite simple maths. In England there has been 8.54m cases and 126k deaths. How do you make that 99.97%?  I make it 1.46% of cases in England have lead to death. 
England's population is around 56m people. If we used the whole population vs death for a percentage it would come to 0.22% so still way above your 0.03% claim. 
But not everyone will get it so the only numbers to use are cases and deaths and nothing you can do with those leads to 0.03%

Apologies 99.7%. It still doesn't warrant the panic.

Why are you counting people who haven't caught it in survival rate? 

What else have you got wrong? You seemed so certain of your numbers. Isnt that a red flag that you might be wrong? That you have just made numbers up to strengthen your argument. Why would you need to do that if you were right? 

Can you try and deal in facts from now on?