Coronavirus

robf

Everything is nope no need to worry, it’s an obscene panic, it is just a pretty harmless disease. This in LV cuckoo land, for the majority of us it’s quite worrying, 50,000 new cases daily, constant 100 plus daily deaths. And a new deadly variant about to hit us. Harsher measures are pretty inevitable.
So this is the new normal now? We introduce measures 'just in case '? Pathetic

The percentage doesn't panic me. The hundreds of thousands of deaths worry me regardless. Perhaps I just have a bit more empathy or value life a little more than you. 
I'm sure you said it was 99.9% not too long ago. The difference in percentage may not mean much to you but 0.24% of the worlds population is 16.8m people. 
99.97% and not everyone will get it. 600,000 people die every year in the UK alone.

leedsvaliant is the most dangerous kind of person. A person without any kind of informed knowledge and talking ill informed stuff, but a lot to say. Made many outrageous statements.  Never supported.  What is this guy's position? There is no problem?   Well I'll tell you this Mr Leeds it is very much a problem.  I've lost a few had friends in ICU. It is no friggin' fun man.

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

99.97% and not everyone will get it. 600,000 people die every year in the UK alone.

99.97%? Really? I'm not a mathematician but it's quite simple maths. In England there has been 8.54m cases and 126k deaths. How do you make that 99.97%?  I make it 1.46% of cases in England have lead to death. 

England's population is around 56m people. If we used the whole population vs death for a percentage it would come to 0.22% so still way above your 0.03% claim. 

But not everyone will get it so the only numbers to use are cases and deaths and nothing you can do with those leads to 0.03%

Edited by WV

Why are rabid anti vaxxers so wound up?  Chill. You are jamming up the frigging hospitals so more people die of cancer. Hope that makes you feel good. 
There are people who will argue and argue remember V2001 there were some who would not accept what a bunch of tossers they were And kept on and on and then disappeared under there rock when proved wrong, same here with Covid don't exist, hospitals aren't getting full it's all propaganda oh and by the way you did know the earth was flat

19 minutes ago, Mario said:
11 hours ago, toyahw said:
Why are rabid anti vaxxers so wound up?  Chill. You are jamming up the frigging hospitals so more people die of cancer. Hope that makes you feel good. 

There are people who will argue and argue remember V2001 there were some who would not accept what a bunch of tossers they were And kept on and on and then disappeared under there rock when proved wrong, same here with Covid don't exist, hospitals aren't getting full it's all propaganda oh and by the way you did know the earth was flat

And the moon landing was a hoax

99.97%? Really? I'm not a mathematician but it's quite simple maths. In England there has been 8.54m cases and 126k deaths. How do you make that 99.97%?  I make it 1.46% of cases in England have lead to death. 
England's population is around 56m people. If we used the whole population vs death for a percentage it would come to 0.22% so still way above your 0.03% claim. 
But not everyone will get it so the only numbers to use are cases and deaths and nothing you can do with those leads to 0.03%

Apologies 99.7%. It still doesn't warrant the panic.

leedsvaliant is the most dangerous kind of person. A person without any kind of informed knowledge and talking ill informed stuff, but a lot to say. Made many outrageous statements.  Never supported.  What is this guy's position? There is no problem?   Well I'll tell you this Mr Leeds it is very much a problem.  I've lost a few had friends in ICU. It is no friggin' fun man.

I support a lot of what I say, whereas most others arguments are emotive or baseless. I guarantee I've looked into this far more than you. I feel bad that you have lost people but I'm amazed that anybody knows a few people who have died. I know nobody, my family knows nobody, my friends know nobody, my work people knows nobody and yet you know a few? How old are you?

My position...I believe there is a virus, I believe it's nasty in a very small percentage of very old and very poorly people. It occasionally (but very rarely) affects younger groups. I believe through a combination of poor modelling, poor interpretation of what constitutes a Covid death, scaremongering, propoganda and people's inability to understand risk and governments copying each other for fear of getting blamed, that this is the single biggest policy error of all time and I believe that history will prove me correct. That's not just me saying that, it's the belief of many prominent epidemiologists doctors and viral experts.

Currently, you can't say anything negative about the official narrative. If you do you're seen as a conspiracy nut, an anti vaxxer, heartless etc.

For the record, I am not an anti vaxxer and have had both jabs. Equally, I support those who choose not to.

You probably supported lockdown and the blocking off of hospitals and cancellation of appointments, leading to thousands of undiagnosed terminsl cancers that could otherwise have been caught and treated. You've supported mental isolation for people, causing some to commit suicide, you've supported scaring people so much that they aren't going to hospital for treatment and are dying needlessly at home. Hope that makes you feel good, man.

7 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

For the record, I am not an anti vaxxer and have had both jabs. Equally, I support those who choose not to.

You probably supported lockdown and the blocking off of hospitals and cancellation of appointments, leading to thousands of undiagnosed terminsl cancers that could otherwise have been caught and treated. You've supported mental isolation for people, causing some to commit suicide, you've supported scaring people so much that they aren't going to hospital for treatment and are dying needlessly at home. Hope that makes you feel good, man.

That is ridiculous and highly offensive. I support what measures are necessary for a balance. I know it is difficult to strike that balance. But that is an outrageous statement. Outrageous.  Retract that please. 

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Totally uncalled for comments. Will you stop at nothing to get over your nonsensical views

• Like 1

you've supported scaring people so much that they aren't going to hospital for treatment and are dying needlessly at home. Hope that makes you feel good, man.

No.  Don't say that. That is not on, untrue. And very offensive.

Edited by toyahw

57 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I support a lot of what I say, whereas most others arguments are emotive or baseless. I guarantee I've looked into this far more than you. I feel bad that you have lost people but I'm amazed that anybody knows a few people who have died. I know nobody, my family knows nobody, my friends know nobody, my work people knows nobody and yet you know a few? How old are you?

You're lucky.  Everyone on here knows a bloke who used to be a regular contributor who lost his life to covid early in the pandemic.  Another member of his family died as well. 

• Like 2

you've supported scaring people so much that they aren't going to hospital for treatment and are dying needlessly at home. Hope that makes you feel good, man.
No.  Don't say that. That is not on, untrue. And very offensive.

Well don't accuse people who have chosen not to have a vaccine that they are somehow complicit in cancer deaths. It works both ways.