Coronavirus

robf

These posts are genuinely frightening. That anyone can post this and believe it to be true is beyond me.

You post no evidence. You post no arguments. You post things that are not true and constantly avoid engaging with any point that is made. You are describing yourself and the lack of self awareness is a huge problem.
I'm glad that someone else can see it!

25 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Unbelievable. Should these comments not be directed to yourself, you are certainly not at the back of the queue when it comes to posting rubbish

Maybe, but you can't tell me why my posts are rubbish can you? You just assert it and avoid any questions when I reply.

Can't engage or won't engage? 

Correct Fosse. Unfortunately they don’t work in LV Cuckoo land
Here's a summary of the many, many studies which show the useless nature of masks:

The WHO didn't recommend them before June 2020, Public Health England didn't recommend them until June 2020, Chris Whitty didn't recommend them. Why did they change their minds? It wasn't due to overwhelming evidence.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Here's a summary of the many, many studies which show the useless nature of masks:

The WHO didn't recommend them before June 2020, Public Health England didn't recommend them until June 2020, Chris Whitty didn't recommend them. Why did they change their minds? It wasn't due to overwhelming evidence.

Can anyone actually engage with this one in good faith for a moment? 

Like this is a good summary of why I honestly believe that not only do the general use facemasks everyone is wearing, not work, but that the science clearly backs that up too. The people who have been making the decisions on public health - Whitty in the UK, Fauci in the US, they even said masks don't work to begin with. As Leedsvaliant says, the science changed in early-mid 2020. Why? based on what evidence?

Like this is a good summary of why I honestly believe that not only do the general use facemasks everyone is wearing, not work, but that the science clearly backs that up too. The people who have been making the decisions on public health - Whitty in the UK, Fauci in the US, they even said masks don't work to begin with. As Leedsvaliant says, the science changed in early-mid 2020. Why? based on what evidence?
The WHO admitted to the BBC that their advice had changed due to 'political lobbying '. It's just part of a wider web of smoke and mirrors, and people have bought it hook, line and sinker.

14 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
14 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Mask-wearing cuts Covid incidence by 53%, says global study. The Grud.

The Guardian?

Yeah. Can't post the link  for some reason. But it looks a sensible bit of work.

Why I can't paste the link I have no clue? It's not controversial. Just reporting some research. 

But no go. Crazy world we live in these days. 

Edited by toyahw

Yeah. Can't post the link  for some reason. But it looks a sensible bit of work.
Why I can't paste the link I have no clue? It's not controversial. Just reporting some research. 
But no go. Crazy world we live in these days. 

Surely the most recent research is more relevant not a pile of quotes as the situation was evolving, nothing stands still especially knowledge.
  • Like 1

Surely the most recent research is more relevant not a pile of quotes as the situation was evolving, nothing stands still especially knowledge.
I agree but they have been researching mask wearing for years and this virus is even smaller. Virtually the entire scientific community agreed that they were useless and potentially harmful outside of a clinical setting. So why the sudden about turn and why did the WHO admit to political lobbying? Many MPs and experts have since admitted that they are a comfort blanket.

Also many of the example studies in that link are from late last year and this year, after the widespread use of masks, so they're pretty up to date. Many of the studies proclaiming masks to be beneficial were based on modelling and not reality.

15 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

It’s who you believe then, there are so many websites and professionals that suggest they do help.

15 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

They do work. there is evidence out there that suggests they do. 

As you say, it depends what you believe. There is evidence out there to suggest they do work and evidence to suggest they don't. Most of the real world (I.e. not modelled) evidence suggests they offer next to no use which is why I side with that argument.

25 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
31 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

As you say, it depends what you believe. There is evidence out there to suggest they do work and evidence to suggest they don't. Most of the real world (I.e. not modelled) evidence suggests they offer next to no use which is why I side with that argument.

In Boots Opticians real world  yesterday masks were advised who was I to disagree,  most people complied.

4 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
21 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
In Boots Opticians real world  yesterday masks were advised who was I to disagree,  most people complied.

Most people do what they're told, no questions asked. That's why we are where we are.

Most people are not medical experts

I googled the guardian referenced study:

Now I absolutely hate "fact" checkers and based on their form, I have an inclination to disbelieve them, although this one is going against the accepted narrative and the study is linked (Not had time to read, might have a look tomorrow).

This isn’t what the study says. The study says that mask-wearing was “associated with” a reduction in risk but, due to the limitations of the research, “it was difficult for our review to draw a […] causal conclusion.” However, this was not mentioned in any of these articles. 

The study is a meta-analysis, which is where many studies on the same topic are pooled together and analysed collectively.

The researchers identified eight studies that they deemed appropriate to analyse the relationship between handwashing, mask-wearing and social distancing and the risk of catching Covid-19. 

All these interventions were associated with a lower risk, but in the case of handwashing, the result was not statistically significant.

So should we trust this science on handwashing perhaps? Or should we only trust the part of the study that suits us?

They also have quotes from the editorial in the British Medical Journal which describes the issue with observational studies. Basically, they can't sure that the observed result is from the measured behaviour, or another behaviour which was not accounted for.

So the guardian has misrepresented this study, they've described it in their headline as saying something which is not really true in the wider context of the study. It's worth considering that when you are accusing people of consuming things from secret facebook groups of youtube. As if the implication that mainstream media is somehow more trustworthy?

I think this demonstrates perfectly why it is not conspiratorial behaviour to actually check what we're being force fed. And secondly, why I have a complete disdain for the mainstream media. 

On 23/11/2021 at 15:40, leedsvaliant said:
On 23/11/2021 at 15:34, valiant_593 said:

. Most of the real world (I.e. not modelled) evidence suggests they offer next to no use which is why I side with that argument.

Absolutely wild statement with no evidence to back up. Classic LV