Coronavirus

robf

15 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Yeah Leeds Valiant, you should read some proper news like the stuff that is sponsored by the people who make more and more money the longer the crisis goes on, the more scared people are and the lack of any alternative treatments/preventions available. 

Not funny. Are you now Cranks united?

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

Yeah Leeds Valiant, you should read some proper news like the stuff that is sponsored by the people who make more and more money the longer the crisis goes on, the more scared people are and the lack of any alternative treatments/preventions available. 

The irony of this post coming from someone who won't have a bad word said about the tories is perfect. 

Its going to be a long way back to reality for you from that rabbit hole your head has fallen down. 

you and LV are why access to the Internet for everyone was a bad idea. 

"We don't have covid on top, its just replaced other causes"

Would love some elaboration on this even if just for Sunday entertainment 

Edited by WV

The irony of this post coming from someone who won't have a bad word said about the tories is perfect. 
Its going to be a long way back to reality for you from that rabbit hole your head has fallen down. 
you and LV are why access to the Internet for everyone was a bad idea. 

"We don't have covid on top, its just replaced other causes"
Would love some elaboration on this even if just for Sunday entertainment 

I've already elaborated on it? I'm sure you don't bother reading.

Yeah, covid isn't real, all governments in the world are in on some huge conspiracy and only LV and RB are in on it. Tin hats on. 
Another idiotic comment, completely disregarding any of my arguments and using the 'conspiracy theory ' slander. When have I ever said Covid isn't real? When have I ever said that governments are in on a huge conspiracy? Never.

They've hugely over egged the reaction based on poor modelling and poor interpretation of data but I don't believe they are doing it maliciously or as part of some worldwide plot. Some are definitely taking advantage of prolonging this as much as possible for their own ends 'never waste a good crisis '.

The trouble with your argument is that it's all based on emotion. Your only counter argument is to decry me as a nutcase, crackpot, conspiracy theorist. You never actually try and counter argue anything I've said. That's why people who disagree with the official narrative are afraid to put their head above the parapet as they know they'll get drowned out by the bedwetters.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

Another idiotic comment, completely disregarding any of my arguments and using the 'conspiracy theory ' slander. When have I ever said Covid isn't real? When have I ever said that governments are in on a huge conspiracy? Never.

They've hugely over egged the reaction based on poor modelling and poor interpretation of data but I don't believe they are doing it maliciously or as part of some worldwide plot. Some are definitely taking advantage of prolonging this as much as possible for their own ends 'never waste a good crisis '.

The trouble with your argument is that it's all based on emotion. Your only counter argument is to decry me as a nutcase, crackpot, conspiracy theorist. You never actually try and counter argue anything I've said. That's why people who disagree with the official narrative are afraid to put their head above the parapet as they know they'll get drowned out by the bedwetters.

I don't counter argue with people who believe the earth is flat, or that the moon landing was fake either. Mainly for the same reason I dont with you. You are unable to change your mind even in the face of overwhelming evidence  Debate can lead to changed minds but you are not capable hence this back and forth we have. 

I don't counter argue with people who believe the earth is flat, or that the moon landing was fake either. Mainly for the same reason I dont with you. You are unable to change your mind even in the face of overwhelming evidence  Debate can lead to changed minds but you are not capable hence this back and forth we have. 

But I'm not saying it's fake or made up or a conspiracy theory! I'd be happy to listen to your evidence based argument but you never provide it! It's always an emotive based argument that never refutes the arguments I put forward. Valiant 593 at least had a go at debate and some things I agreed with.

By the way, there is masses of evidence to fit both sides of the argument but it is you that actually closes yourself off from any alternative view.

• Like 1

On 20/11/2021 at 22:20, leedsvaliant said:

Yeah the lockdowns have worked so well before haven't they? Let's keep trying them again and again because they're so successful and don't affect anything else. Look at the protests in Austria today, it seems that many thousands agree with me.

I just can't see why people don't think this is utter insanity. Austria is going down the route of one of its own. A certain man with a moustache from Austria would be delighted.

I feel sorry for you that your family won't be able to visit again...all for the 99.97% survivable 'deadly ' virus.

I think your naivety of ww2 comparisons are quite frankly insulting to the millions of people who died in the war.

I don't want a lockdown as much as the next person but the government here are trying to avoid 8 hour waits in A&E and people dying in ambulances waiting to get into the hospitals like in the UK. I'd rather the health system continues to be world beating here than let it go to <ovf censored>. 

The problem here I believe is how easy it was to test and visit places. Up until this month, you could get a free PCR test basically on any street in Vienna, which would allow you to visit bars, restaurants, play sport etc. People weren't encouraged enough to get the jab, so now when the flu season comes round too many people are sick. 

If we didn't lock down now, cases are going to be too high and there is no doubt of a lockdown at Xmas. Just hoping that we can be released in 20 days again to actually have Xmas with my family for the first in since 2018. Austria won't be the last country to lockdown this winter, I am sure. 

Edited by Emile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is an article in the Guardian from a respiratory consulatant who says the only patients in ICU are the non vaccinated or those with extremely compromised immunity such as blood cancer patients undergoing chemo.

What a waste of public money and resources treating anti vaxxers.

2 hours ago, Emile said:

I think your naivety of ww2 comparisons are quite frankly insulting to the millions of people who died in the war.

I don't want a lockdown as much as the next person but the government here are trying to avoid 8 hour waits in A&E and people dying in ambulances waiting to get into the hospitals like in the UK. I'd rather the health system continues to be world beating here than let it go to <ovf censored>. 

The problem here I believe is how easy it was to test and visit places. Up until this month, you could get a free PCR test basically on any street in Vienna, which would allow you to visit bars, restaurants, play sport etc. People weren't encouraged enough to get the jab, so now when the flu season comes round too many people are sick. 

If we didn't lock down now, cases are going to be too high and there is no doubt of a lockdown at Xmas. Just hoping that we can be released in 20 days again to actually have Xmas with my family for the first in since 2018. Austria won't be the last country to lockdown this winter, I am sure. 

Emile your post is spot on. WW2, effects of Covid, Lockdowns we have had the LV spin on them all for to long. Look after yourself 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bycars rob said:

There is an article in the Guardian from a respiratory consulatant who says the only patients in ICU are the non vaccinated or those with extremely compromised immunity such as blood cancer patients undergoing chemo.

I agree, that people should get vaccinated, particularly if vulnerable. Giving it to kids however....

I don't want a lockdown as much as the next person but the government here are trying to avoid 8 hour waits in A&E and people dying in ambulances waiting to get into the hospitals like in the UK. I'd rather the health system continues to be world beating here than let it go to

I find it insulting that people support a policy that causes more deaths than it saves. My comparison was with a government dictating a private medical procedure on them and now in fact making it illegal not to have it. Don't you see how this is going?

If it's such a world leading health system then it should be able to cope with an increase in numbers? From what you are saying they haven't allowed any extra capacity for the inevitable influx of other illnesses and now the only way they know is to lockdown? P

Just like here, every winter we have the same issue and this year added to the fact that nobody has been able or been too scared or had their appointments cancelled, no wonder people are queuing at an A and E. Lots of these people's issues could have been nipped in the bud much earlier if the world hadn't gone nuts for a fairly non lethal virus.

You're also, again attributing cases to illness. Most cases aren't ill.

I'm sorry but this is just plain wrong and if you can't see it then I feel sorry for you.

You may think people are foolish, selfish or whatever but they should not be denied medical treatment through a choice. It would be like denying treatment for long term smokers on the NHS.

It's a massive overreach and I would say dictatorial in its essence.

I'm sorry but this is just plain wrong and if you can't see it then I feel sorry for you.

You may think people are foolish, selfish or whatever but they should not be denied medical treatment through a choice. It would be like denying treatment for long term smokers on the NHS.

It's a massive overreach and I would say dictatorial in its essence.

my article was in response to bycars rob's message. I didn't suggest I am for or against it. 

I find it insulting that people support a policy that causes more deaths than it saves. My comparison was with a government dictating a private medical procedure on them and now in fact making it illegal not to have it. Don't you see how this is going?

If it's such a world leading health system then it should be able to cope with an increase in numbers? From what you are saying they haven't allowed any extra capacity for the inevitable influx of other illnesses and now the only way they know is to lockdown? P

Just like here, every winter we have the same issue and this year added to the fact that nobody has been able or been too scared or had their appointments cancelled, no wonder people are queuing at an A and E. Lots of these people's issues could have been nipped in the bud much earlier if the world hadn't gone nuts for a fairly non lethal virus.

You're also, again attributing cases to illness. Most cases aren't ill.

You are not quite understanding what I am saying....

What is that expression, don't argue with something or other because they will win on experience? Can't seem to find it...

Edited by Emile
  • Like 1