Jump to content

Coronavirus


robf

Recommended Posts

Despite what is happening in your La La land, cases are now rocketing, ok due to the Vaxxing the numbers in hospital’s although rising are not as high as last time. But the cases seriously are, I know a lot of the Tories and their pals are making money out of it, i.e PPE, T and T, Randox etc, but for a change let’s see a bit of deciveness and get to grip with this virus.
And just to put you straight, cases aren't rocketing, they've fallen as much as 40% week on week for some days in the last week. If you pay so much mind to cases, why would you not mention this? More importantly, hospitalisations and deaths are flat, that's if we believe that all deaths registered are from Covid and not with it.

What I think Tommy is that you don't like this government or Tories (understandable) and basically all your arguments are in contrast to whatever the government is doing, with no actual basis for your argument.

I'm no fan of the government but they've been right to hold their nerve. Even the doom monger scientists are saying that implementing any restrictions would be pointless and might actual create a bigger problem further down the road. They even produced some optimistic models which pointed to very low cases over Christmas! Although I take this with a pinch of salt given their appalling track record.

Have you noticed how all those demanding plan B be implemented immediately have gone quiet? I presume they will all go on national TV to apologise that they were massively wrong? I presume we'll get an apology from you too?

I feel sorry for Wales with harold bishop in charge. Another one (like sturgeon) who has contempt for his own people and will do the exact opposite of Westminster to score political points rather than any concerns for public health. It's actually quite amusing that Wales has a supposedly worse situation than England, yet has a better vaccination rate, has mandatory masks and vaccine passports! Yet nobody can join the dots!

It's highlighted to me that people can't think for themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because the delta variant is so transmissible there will always be new cases until it's eradicated, if ever.

Hence why it's so important there are now effective vaccines and medicines to help prevent/treat the disease (COVID-19) caused by the coronavirus and hence why it's now paramount for the world to get back to "normality" asap with whatever precautions are required.

Unfortunately some people will develop severe disease and some will not make it no matter how effective the vaccines and medicines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

And just to put you straight, cases aren't rocketing, they've fallen as much as 40% week on week for some days in the last week. If you pay so much mind to cases, why would you not mention this? More importantly, hospitalisations and deaths are flat, that's if we believe that all deaths registered are from Covid and not with it.

What I think Tommy is that you don't like this government or Tories (understandable) and basically all your arguments are in contrast to whatever the government is doing, with no actual basis for your argument.

I'm no fan of the government but they've been right to hold their nerve. Even the doom monger scientists are saying that implementing any restrictions would be pointless and might actual create a bigger problem further down the road. They even produced some optimistic models which pointed to very low cases over Christmas! Although I take this with a pinch of salt given their appalling track record.

Have you noticed how all those demanding plan B be implemented immediately have gone quiet? I presume they will all go on national TV to apologise that they were massively wrong? I presume we'll get an apology from you too?

I feel sorry for Wales with harold bishop in charge. Another one (like sturgeon) who has contempt for his own people and will do the exact opposite of Westminster to score political points rather than any concerns for public health. It's actually quite amusing that Wales has a supposedly worse situation than England, yet has a better vaccination rate, has mandatory masks and vaccine passports! Yet nobody can join the dots!

It's highlighted to me that people can't think for themselves.
 

Cases are rocketing don’t know where you get your info from. It is widely reported that cases are now rising more than any other time in the pandemic. Personally I know a lot of people who have caught it this last week.

After visiting 2 other European countries during the last week it is blatantly obvious why are cases are going up, we do not wear masks even on public transport, nightclubs and dancing venues still open, and school kids not taking up the vaccine.

I have no axe to grind with the Tories, I have voted for them in the past. But this Government have let this slip big style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cases are rocketing don’t know where you get your info from. It is widely reported that cases are now rising more than any other time in the pandemic. Personally I know a lot of people who have caught it this last week.
After visiting 2 other European countries during the last week it is blatantly obvious why are cases are going up, we do not wear masks even on public transport, nightclubs and dancing venues still open, and school kids not taking up the vaccine.
I have no axe to grind with the Tories, I have voted for them in the past. But this Government have let this slip big style.
Looks like it's coming down to me

opengraph-image.png?2021-10-30 CORONAVIRUS.DATA.GOV.UK

Unless you have some other inside information?

Illustrated better here

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases?areaType=overview&areaName=United%20Kingdom

Again, unless you can see into the future, please stop scaremongering. Even the doom mongers on SAGE are saying that cases are likely to drop significantly without intervention. That's how viruses work and no matter how much hocus pocus and old wives remedies you try and throw at it, it isn't going to make any difference. Other governments throw these interventions out to show that they are doing 'something ', with very little to back it up. Wales being a prime example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are still going down with it in big numbers, and the deaths are still to high. But LV makes fun of it??
But I thought you said cases were 'rocketing '? Confused. People aren't going 'down ' with it in big numbers. For a large proportion people don't even know they've got 'it' When are you going to stop hiding under your bed?
Deaths aren't too highly either. It's currently quite low on the cause of death and actual date of death hasn't exceeded 150 for months. A small proportion of daily deaths from a respiratory disease is not something we would have even blinked at 2 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Covid live: ‘Plan B’ measures in England still possible, government advisor says; sharp rise in German infections according to the Guadian, meanwhile back in the flat earth society no problem all an over reaction and whats a few deaths amongst friends ? Unless of course its yours 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Covid live: ‘Plan B’ measures in England still possible, government advisor says; sharp rise in German infections according to the Guadian, meanwhile back in the flat earth society no problem all an over reaction and whats a few deaths amongst friends ? Unless of course its yours 
Ahhh...the old conspiracy theory nutcases argument. Classic branch covidian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

It's the classic argument. I don't agree with him, so rather than debate I will class him as a nutter and disregard his arguments even if they are valid. It's the brainwashing you've been through.

You have been entirely disrespectful during the whole Pandemic. Saying all along nothing to worry about, while people were ill and dying. It’s nothing to worry about you have constantly bleated. Give us all a break we can see what the COVID situation is, without having to put up with your constant spouting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have been entirely disrespectful during the whole Pandemic. Saying all along nothing to worry about, while people were ill and dying. It’s nothing to worry about you have constantly bleated. Give us all a break we can see what the COVID situation is, without having to put up with your constant spouting.
I'm not disrespectful to people dying. It's sad for them and their families. But unfortunately people die every day, every week and every year in their hundreds of thousands. It's inevitable. All that I've argued all along is that the response to a fairly benign virus for the vast, vast majority has been nothing short of madness. I've also argued that many of these deaths would have happened anyway, figures have been exaggerated all along by an over inflated test, poor modelling and a rabid media and 'social ' scientists who seemed to have had a thrill in prolonging this.

I guarantee that 2 years ago you never gave a stuff about old people succumbing to respiratory illness in hospital, never gave it a second thought. Never bothered about the 50,000 excess deaths in the winter of 17/18, I bet it didn't even register.

Just because this has been given a 'brand ' and a 300 million pound marketing budget. That's why you 'care'. Deep down you must know that some things don't add up, the silly rules, the building of huge hospitals and morgues that were never used, the fact that mask wearing has zero impact on anything. Many people just go along with it for the very fear that they'll be labelled a conspiracy theorist, a nutcase, a covidiot if they disagree.

The next level fear propoganda is one of the few things this government excels at.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/11/2021 at 19:57, leedsvaliant said:

It's the classic argument. I don't agree with him, so rather than debate I will class him as a nutter and disregard his arguments even if they are valid. It's the brainwashing you've been through.

Wait till they start calling you a nazi, that's when you know you've really got them 😂

 

One of those freedom loving nazi's that stands up for bodily autonomy and a less powerful state.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait till they start calling you a nazi, that's when you know you've really got them 
 
One of those freedom loving nazi's that stands up for bodily autonomy and a less powerful state.
the events in Austria have some uncomfortable parallels with the 1930s. Segregating one part of society for their own personal choice. You'd think the Austrians would have learnt from the past but clearly not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

emoji1787.png the events in Austria have some uncomfortable parallels with the 1930s. Segregating one part of society for their own personal choice. You'd think the Austrians would have learnt from the past but clearly not.

Very worrying indeed.

 

I was joking before, but it's quite sickening that at a time when we have genuine fascist-like policies being introduced around the world, that it is seemingly not allowed to use that word any more. It used to be fascism when our elected officials wanted to deliver a thing more people voted for than against, in a referendum. 

 

Now he's locked us in our homes for months at a time and is sacking care workers and nurses for not "consenting" to a medical procedure that they might not want, democracy takes a back seat in the name of "public health". And that isn't being called out as fascistic? Benito Mussolini, the founder of fascism, called it a merger between corporate and state power. Doesn't that sound familiar when you think about who controls the information we consume? Who is telling us what we must inject into our bodies? Who these policies is benefitting? (eg politicians and the huge corporations)

 

The only thing that is missing is that it's not racial or ethnicity grounds that this is being done, but on health records/compliance status.

 

 

I'd like to think the Austria health apartheid (or the Dan Andrews power grab in Australia) would not be successful in this country, but if the millions who have marched for freedom so far have not had an impact, I'm not really sure how we'd stop it. 

Edited by Regal Beagle
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...