Coronavirus

robf

She shouldn't get in touch with me but should speak to people like Dr John Lee and Professor Carl Heneghan. They are intelligent, not sensationalist and Heneghan is a practicing GP. Heneghan would tie her in knots, that's why these people never debate with alternative views. I don't think they really believe what they are saying.
Why are Russia having a one week lock down if it's " Only a cold "

12 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Have you read my previous posts? We test far more than virtually any other country in the world (nearly 1 million people a day of which 4% test positive). We classify deaths and hospitalisations different than anybody else in the world. All graphs show deaths and hospitalisations below the worst case scenario models and are basically flat. We still don't know what a case means and whether it's genuinely Coronavirus. We use a PCR test at nearly 40 cycles, whereas the recommended is below 30. Anything over this number is finding lots of people that are not infectious to others..the inventor of the test himself said this.

Basically Tommy, you're the ideal candidate for the psychologists on SAGE. You listen to headlines, never dig below surface level and believe exactly what you are told. Unfortunately many of your countrymen are similarly cap doffing, boot licking servants.

We use around 80 different pcr tests made by different companies.  They aren't all at the maximum threshold.  Took 1 Google to find that out. Not going into too much depth in doing your "own research" then 

12 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

As an aside, I found somebody else who tested positive for Covid....my wife! She's got a cold basically, like virtually every one else. She's got to stay at home for 10 days...madness!

Madness she isn't allowed out to infect vulnerable people. Really? Or should the vulnerable just stay inside forever so covid ridden people can go out and infect who they like. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:
12 hours ago, valiant_593 said:
Oh here we go again. Everyone has the same symptoms do they? I’m glad your wife only has cold like symptoms and potentially that’s the jab doing it’s job but not everyone has it the same! It’s certainly not madness that someone with covid has to say at home for 10 days. What a crazy thing to suggest. 

Like virtually everyone else….. ok then. 

It's true though! As with the story throughout, those that are worst affected are over the age of 80 or highly vulnerable and have now had 3 jabs worth of vaccines in many cases. I don't deny it can be nasty and deadly for some people and just like other viruses it can occasionally adversely affect younger people, but the vast, vast majority are absolutely fine. It's a cold for the vast majority, that's not comparing it to a cold but it's just what it is!

Over 80s are now the least affected group. Keep up LV 

As LV points out comparing the UK to other countries is the easy on the face of it but doesn't tell the true story.

Germany tests less than 1/8 of what we do (they do in a week less than we do in a day!) they've been reporting around 10k a day recently (was 22k one day). The key figure to really take note if wanting to compare UK v Germany would be positivity rate of which the UK generally has been 2-4% (5% or more is classed I believe as out of control by the WHO). Chances are Germany last week has had as many if not more actual cases but due to such disparity in testing our figures will look far worse (bear in mind a large proportion of asymptomatic cases picked up by laterals in the UK which wont in Germany).

Its a difficult one, its now clear Covid is here for the long term, decades probably in the way flu is so what do you do? Talk of Xmas being scrapped again, so do we do that every year now? Is it every winter we close the economy and are banned from seeing family? I am not sure the answer, the vaccine was supposed to give us freedom and its quite depressing that we still look like we may end up shackled this winter like last and if we do its almost inevitable this will be the case every winter as it isn't going away.

From a Vale point of view restricted capacity or behind closed doors? If that comes in and is year on year how would it survive? (Summer seasons maybe?)

Madness she isn't allowed out to infect vulnerable people. Really? Or should the vulnerable just stay inside forever so covid ridden people can go out and infect who they like. 

No. We should do what we've always done and stay at home until we feel better, rather than a mandatory jail term.

We use around 80 different pcr tests made by different companies.  They aren't all at the maximum threshold.  Took 1 Google to find that out. Not going into too much depth in doing your "own research" then 
Average cycle used is 39. Way above the recommended threshold as cited by Professor Carl Heneghan. Clearly your research is letting you down WV.

As LV points out comparing the UK to other countries is the easy on the face of it but doesn't tell the true story.
Germany tests less than 1/8 of what we do (they do in a week less than we do in a day!) they've been reporting around 10k a day recently (was 22k one day). The key figure to really take note if wanting to compare UK v Germany would be positivity rate of which the UK generally has been 2-4% (5% or more is classed I believe as out of control by the WHO). Chances are Germany last week has had as many if not more actual cases but due to such disparity in testing our figures will look far worse (bear in mind a large proportion of asymptomatic cases picked up by laterals in the UK which wont in Germany).
Its a difficult one, its now clear Covid is here for the long term, decades probably in the way flu is so what do you do? Talk of Xmas being scrapped again, so do we do that every year now? Is it every winter we close the economy and are banned from seeing family? I am not sure the answer, the vaccine was supposed to give us freedom and its quite depressing that we still look like we may end up shackled this winter like last and if we do its almost inevitable this will be the case every winter as it isn't going away.
From a Vale point of view restricted capacity or behind closed doors? If that comes in and is year on year how would it survive? (Summer seasons maybe?)

Pretty much this. If we always test at this rate, we'll always get this many cases. So that will be the case every winter. Some people weirdly want the ever present threat of restrictions.

We need to move on and stop being bed wetters, scared of a virus with a 99.97% survival rate. I thought people in this country would never surrender their freedoms so easily but clearly we're a bunch of hypochondriacs and people who can't understand risk. We shouldn't be protecting the NHS it should be the other way around. It's clearly not fit for purpose if it's like this every winter.

4 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
33 minutes ago, WV said:

Average cycle used is 39. Way above the recommended threshold as cited by Professor Carl Heneghan. Clearly your research is letting you down WV.

10 second Google search. 5 minutes to read. 

Next..

13 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
36 minutes ago, WV said:

No. We should do what we've always done and stay at home until we feel better, rather than a mandatory jail term.

No you should stay at home. It’s not fair to infect vulnerable people. If you have the virus stay the <ovf censored> at home. Never heard anything so idiotic. Mandatory jail term, Christ never knew it was so bad for people to stay at home for 10 days. I’ve been working from home now for 2 years….