• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Coronavirus

robf

After 2 jabs and feeling like I do tonight I wouldn't want to fight this virus without the benefit of the vaccination, I suggest you show a bit of humility and stop with your arrogant assumptions, I can't take my wife to hospital on Wednesday for a long awaited appointment, and we have no idea when we can re book, it might be mild but I can tell you if you get it you wont think so.
You've misconstrued my point. Most people, irrelevant of vaccination, will suffer symptoms akin to a cold, that's not playing it down, it's just a fact, as referenced by Chris Whitty 18 months ago. You seem to be one of the unlucky few with whom it has given stronger symptoms (although everybody reacts differently to illness). I'm sorry you can't take your wife...unfortunately until we get rid of isolating everybody for 10 days this will continue to disrupt people's lives.

Advert:

Why should people cave in and agree with you? You keep saying it’s about opinions. Well Stop forcing yours on everyone as though it’s 100% correct! 
People can either agree with me or not. I'm not trying to force anything on anyone. Just giving my opinion and challenging the official narrative. I thought forums were a place to debate these things. Clearly, some people will always deem this as a 'deadly' pandemic and no amount of data, stats, opinions from other scientists, will change that. That's fine. But I'm not going to agree with you just to be polite.

58 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
14 hours ago, valiant_593 said:
Why should people cave in and agree with you? You keep saying it’s about opinions. Well Stop forcing yours on everyone as though it’s 100% correct! 

People can either agree with me or not. I'm not trying to force anything on anyone. Just giving my opinion and challenging the official narrative. I thought forums were a place to debate these things. Clearly, some people will always deem this as a 'deadly' pandemic and no amount of data, stats, opinions from other scientists, will change that. That's fine. But I'm not going to agree with you just to be polite.

Your not debating. As you have just proven from your post. It’s embarrassing. 

You don’t have to agree. And you clearly don’t. But for <ovf censored> sake please realise that not everyone else has to agree with you either. Nearly 700 posts on this topic trying to force your opinion. It isn’t factual it’s an opinion. Both sides can use facts to back up their opinion. 

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:
14 hours ago, blackdog said:
After 2 jabs and feeling like I do tonight I wouldn't want to fight this virus without the benefit of the vaccination, I suggest you show a bit of humility and stop with your arrogant assumptions, I can't take my wife to hospital on Wednesday for a long awaited appointment, and we have no idea when we can re book, it might be mild but I can tell you if you get it you wont think so.

You've misconstrued my point. Most people, irrelevant of vaccination, will suffer symptoms akin to a cold, that's not playing it down, it's just a fact, as referenced by Chris Whitty 18 months ago. You seem to be one of the unlucky few with whom it has given stronger symptoms (although everybody reacts differently to illness). I'm sorry you can't take your wife...unfortunately until we get rid of isolating everybody for 10 days this will continue to disrupt people's lives.

One of the unlucky few. Jesus. I know A LOT of people who have been very ill with it. Nevermind though it’s just a cold (and these people weren’t elderly or had a condition either). It does affect people in different ways. I have said before maybe some do overplay but you 100% under play it. 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

One of the unlucky few. Jesus. I know A LOT of people who have been very ill with it. Nevermind though it’s just a cold (and these people weren’t elderly or had a condition either). It does affect people in different ways. I have said before maybe some do overplay but you 100% under play it. 

But I know A LOT of people who have had it more than once and were fine?

The survival rate is 99.9%+ so why would you believe the insanity going on around the world is justified with these numbers?

Advert:

Just now, valeparklife said:

But I know A LOT of people who have had it more than once and were fine?

The survival rate is 99.9%+ so why would you believe the insanity going on around the world is justified with these numbers?

If everybody in the world caught it then that is 7 million deaths. Nothing to worry about then

37 minutes ago, WV said:

If everybody in the world caught it then that is 7 million deaths. Nothing to worry about then

60 million people a year die. Why do people deny reality when discussing COVID? People die. You can't live forever.

Locking people in houses, police wrestling people to the floor, shooting rescue dogs etc etc surely isn't worth a virus you have a 99.9%+ chance of surviving?

Why is everyone so terrified?

33 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

60 million people a year die. Why do people deny reality when discussing COVID? People die. You can't live forever.

Locking people in houses, police wrestling people to the floor, shooting rescue dogs etc etc surely isn't worth a virus you have a 99.9%+ chance of surviving?

Why is everyone so terrified?

Who is terrified? Why keep using that word? It is about showing others respect. and its 7m more people a year so that is not included. Simple maths. 

Not everyone will catch it, it's an epidemic impossibility. You're also assuming that it has a fatality rate of 1%. That was the initial assumption but it has since been found to be lower and lower and lower. I believe that the point we are at now it is akin to flu, but it's never been anywhere near the initial assumption of 1% which caused all the panic. So perhaps not nothing to worry about but certainly all the hooha we have had over the last 18 months has been massive overkill.

Who is terrified? Why keep using that word? It is about showing others respect. and its 7m more people a year so that is not included. Simple maths. 
You're wrongly assuming that there would be 7 million more excess deaths than normal. 2020 was not an unusual year for deaths, anywhere.

Advert:

1 minute ago, leedsvaliant said:
3 hours ago, WV said:

You're wrongly assuming that there would be 7 million more excess deaths than normal. 2020 was not an unusual year for deaths, anywhere.

Good piece of advice when I was working, when you are in a hole stop digging, perhaps LV and Valeparklife will note. Although I doubt it.

Good piece of advice when I was working, when you are in a hole stop digging, perhaps LV and Valeparklife will note. Although I doubt it.
I'm not digging anything. Just telling it how it is. One day you'll realise how pathetic the response to this all was and how easy it is to scare a population and make them do exactly what you want. You're argument centres around the virus being nasty and can kill, which I agree with, but the same applies for numerous viruses that we've never cared a jot about before. I guarantee many of us have passed on flu unsuspectingly to a vulnerable or elderly person but we never gave it a second thought. As more analysis is done on the figures in years to come, more will come out as to the lunacy of the last 18 months.

When you say A lot, please define. When you say 'very ill' please define. Presumably a lot of these contacts of yours diagnosed themselves as ill?

Is that 'very ill' like they were in bed for 3 or 4 days like a bad fever? Or 'very ill' they were all in hospital for weeks on end? I think you mentioned that a couple might have needed hospital treatment, but again did they really warrant it or did they panic because of what they heard in the news? I'm sure they were pretty poorly but they're not dead and have recovered right?

When my wife has a cold, she would define herself as 'very ill ' but if I had the same cold I would probably consider it a slight sniffle. I don't doubt that it whacks some people for 6 but does that really warrant the excessive restrictions we've had over the last 18 months?

I don't overplay it or underplay it. It is what it is, a relatively dangerous virus for a small percentage of elderly and vulnerable people. No matter how many 'young and healthy ' people supposedly suffer, the statistics as I showed above prove that any other cause of death has way more of a possibility than Covid. I'm just using the data and facts, whether you think that says I'm underplaying it is a matter of opinion.

11 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

I can say the same about people that can't see reality, and believe that all of these draconian measures are to "help" the people.

Show me one thing I've said that hasn't been backed up by evidence? I've deliberately sourced everything I've mentioned.

Even with the truth staring people in the face, they choose not to see the obvious.

Quite scary really how so many people have blindly followed the "rules", when I could name a large number of events that don't add up.

"It's only two weeks to flatten the curve".

15 hours ago, WV said:

People are terrified though? Emotional fear is clouding rational thought.

The bile and vitriol aimed at people that choose not to have the vaccine is like something I never thought I'd see. Where is the respect there? Are labels like "the unvaccinated" respectful? Please show me an instance of where I've not been respectful, and I'll show you numerous posts calling me all sorts of derogatory names.

I don't care if people have had the vaccine or not. I hope everyone that has had it has weighed up their own personal situation and made their own decision.

All I'm merely arguing is that life should have returned to normal a long long time ago, and forced vaccinations of experimental drugs with penalties of removing freedoms should never be accepted in society.

Advert:

I post a lot of questions on here that no one can ever answer, usually backed up by credible sources (Government/WHO/CDC etc), and still get told I'm "stupid", "an idiot", "digging a hole", "disrespectful" etc.

Here's another one:

Can anyone tell me where the flu has gone please? We seem to have found a cure just as COVID entered our world!

image.png.27bf7ea77faaa0727043a7ea694b17e8.png

Source: https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/pedfludeath.html

I can say the same about people that can't see reality, and believe that all of these draconian measures are to "help" the people.
Show me one thing I've said that hasn't been backed up by evidence? I've deliberately sourced everything I've mentioned.
Even with the truth staring people in the face, they choose not to see the obvious.
Quite scary really how so many people have blindly followed the "rules", when I could name a large number of events that don't add up.
"It's only two weeks to flatten the curve".
This is the issue. If the government told people to hop on one leg and walk around with a patch over one eye, they would do it. The lack of understanding of the general public is frightening.
  • Like 1