• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Coronavirus

robf

Advert:

On 24/09/2021 at 17:37, leedsvaliant said:

Hospital admissions for COVID-19 have fallen to the lowest level for two months as bleak warnings from government scientists once again failed to materialise.
Latest data shows Britain is ‘over the worst’ of the pandemic after the number of virus patients admitted to hospital fell by 15% in a week.
So far this week, just 557 patients a day have been admitted to English hospitals, despite the Sage committee’s dire warnings of a devastating autumn surge.
Only last week, Sage published modelling warning there could be 7,000 hospitalisations a day within weeks.
But current admissions are half the level of even its ‘best-case scenario.

Well there's a surprise...modelling drastically wrong again. Why is nobody holding these people to account or even listening to them anymore? Crazy.

Incorrect and more false info. Cases are rising sharply, places like Northamptonshire are doubling weekly, mainly down to school kids. Thanks to the Governments let it rip policy.

1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

Incorrect and more false info. Cases are rising sharply, places like Northamptonshire are doubling weekly, mainly down to school kids. Thanks to the Governments let it rip policy.

Is there a difference between hospital admissions and reported cases?

2 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Why are "cases" worth worrying about though?

The government used to report in "deaths" at first. Then "hospitalisations". Now "cases".

Why has it changed?

Cases? What those ones where people aren't even ill? Come back when you've got a cogent argument. I think you'll see that I was talking about hospitalisations and even they are not a true indicator of the situation due to misdiagnosis and the with/of Covid factor.

This is the reason people are still terrified. They simply don't know (or more likely can't be bothered) to understand the difference between a case and a genuine illness.

Advert:

Well from nowhere and double jabbed I've tested positive for Covid, I feel as though I've been run over by a steam roller, what it must be like if you haven't had any jabs I dread to think, I wear my mask and sanitise almost to the point of distraction.

What concerns me is the number of people of all age groups who are double jabbed and yet this virus is still causing problems, so thats 10 days of self isolation and missed  hospital appointments for the missus oh and I'll miss the the tricky whites tomorrow.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Well from nowhere and double jabbed I've tested positive for Covid, I feel as though I've been run over by a steam roller, what it must be like if you haven't had any jabs I dread to think, I wear my mask and sanitise almost to the point of distraction.

What concerns me is the number of people of all age groups who are double jabbed and yet this virus is still causing problems, so thats 10 days of self isolation and missed  hospital appointments for the missus oh and I'll miss the the tricky whites tomorrow.

Sorry to hear, but glad you were prepared.  Get well soon to see the mighty whites.

• Like 2

On 28/09/2021 at 16:04, leedsvaliant said:

Cases? What those ones where people aren't even ill? Come back when you've got a cogent argument. I think you'll see that I was talking about hospitalisations and even they are not a true indicator of the situation due to misdiagnosis and the with/of Covid factor.

This is the reason people are still terrified. They simply don't know (or more likely can't be bothered) to understand the difference between a case and a genuine illness.

You get more desperate every day

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Sorry to hear that. This infection is still on the rise, and while there are not as many hospitalisations, we still have to be on our guard. Despite the tripe that the anti vaxxers and LV are putting out.

• Like 3

LV has posted 688 times in this thread, all saying the same thing. Why can't we talk about our experiences of covid without someone shouting about how it is all fake etc every time anyone posts. Same with vegans and anti vaxxers. Give it a <ovf censored> rest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

LV has posted 688 times in this thread, all saying the same thing. Why can't we talk about our experiences of covid without someone shouting about how it is all fake etc every time anyone posts. Same with vegans and anti vaxxers. Give it a rest. 
I'm sorry I didn't realise this was the 'Covid love-in' thread? Just because people have different views to you doesn't mean you should close them off. Debate is healthy.

I have also never said that Covid is fake. I just believe it has been massively taken out of all perspective based on the fear induced by dodgy modelling and dodgy testing. Strip all that away and there's actually very little evidence of a major pandemic at all.

I'm sorry to hear you are unwell. Whilst I agree that the vaccine is likely to reduce symptoms, even without a vaccine most people will suffer a mild to moderate illness (Chris Whitty 2020). It just goes to show that the mask and gunk theatre doesn't help a jot. Still at least it makes everyone feel 'safe '

35 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
4 hours ago, blackdog said:

I'm sorry to hear you are unwell. Whilst I agree that the vaccine is likely to reduce symptoms, even without a vaccine most people will suffer a mild to moderate illness (Chris Whitty 2020). It just goes to show that the mask and gunk theatre doesn't help a jot. Still at least it makes everyone feel 'safe '

Patronising. Mild to moderate illness, ok not in very big numbers,but people are dying and very ill from this pandemic, that you continue to tirelessly play down.

Advert:

Patronising. Mild to moderate illness, ok not in very big numbers,but people are dying and very ill from this pandemic, that you continue to tirelessly play down.
Undoubtedly has made some people ill and has killed some people but one look at the stats I posted above puts this all into perspective. People have been in my opinion wrongly terrified of an illness that 99%+ people will be absolutely fine from. It's the fallout from such crazy decisions that people don't seem to care about. I'll continue to fight my corner until people actually open their eyes and look at the evidence in front of them. God help us in a real pandemic.

I guarantee that we will look back at this like we do the 1st world war. A complete and utter moment of madness in our history. You don't see it now but you will.

17 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Undoubtedly has made some people ill and has killed some people but one look at the stats I posted above puts this all into perspective. People have been in my opinion wrongly terrified of an illness that 99%+ people will be absolutely fine from. It's the fallout from such crazy decisions that people don't seem to care about. I'll continue to fight my corner until people actually open their eyes and look at the evidence in front of them. God help us in a real pandemic.

I guarantee that we will look back at this like we do the 1st world war. A complete and utter moment of madness in our history. You don't see it now but you will.

Why should people cave in and agree with you? You keep saying it’s about opinions. Well Stop forcing yours on everyone as though it’s 100% correct! 

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:
5 hours ago, blackdog said:

Whilst I agree that the vaccine is likely to reduce symptoms, even without a vaccine most people will suffer a mild to moderate illness (Chris Whitty 2020).

After 2 jabs and feeling like I do tonight I wouldn't want to fight this virus without the benefit of the vaccination, I suggest you show a bit of humility and stop with your arrogant assumptions, I can't take my wife to hospital on Wednesday for a long awaited appointment, and we have no idea when we can re book, it might be mild but I can tell you if you get it you wont think so.