Coronavirus

robf

People who were on the shielding list have lower protection against serious illness from Covid-19, even after two doses of vaccine, research has found.
That doesn't surprise me. Aren't they saying now that natural immunity is far superior in terms of protection? I have a feeling that keeping people away from all infections (not just Covid) will create the perfect storm this winter. My kids have only been back in school a week or so and have colds.

I genuinely don't think any long term effects of lockdown were very well considered and hence we find ourselves with a tsunami of undiagnosed cancer, a mix of other viruses hitting people with a lower immunity threshold and an NHS waiting list that could stretch to 13 million. As I've said all along, the solution will be more harmful than the disease, possibly by a lot.

Advert:

What the world needs desperately is an inexpensive, small molecule drug(s) to "cure" Covid-19 and back up the vaccines, preferable a re-purposed drug on which all the safety testing has already been done.

Efforts are ongoing but the current supposed leader of the western world in the Whited House who should organize and galvanize the effort is taking a nap, unlike his predecessor who motivated the world to discover and develop vaccines in record time.

ONS found that less than 1% of children aged 2-11 continue to report symptoms 12 weeks after infection, with the figure rising to just 1.2% for those aged 12-16. In the overall population this was 2.5% of people after 12 weeks. The ONS believes this to be a top estimate as some people will overplay symptoms due to the coverage of long Covid in the news etc. Originally ONS put the likely percentage at approximately 13%.

As I said a few weeks ago, long Covid has been massively overplayed, mainly driven by people being paranoid about feeling 'ill' mainly from a psychological aspect rather than actually being ill. I remember being laughed at for this opinion. In kids it is the best part of nothing. Wasn't that one of the reasons to vaccinate kids? To stop them from suffering from long Covid. So long that the virus has only been in existence for 18 months. Some people have lost their minds in all this!

I have a friend who lives in the States. He hasn't seen his parents for over 2 years and has 2 kids under 6. He has been able to travel to the UK for a good couple of months and has plenty of money with which to do so. He is not coming over until both his kids have been vaccinated and one is under 3! I don't have the heart to tell him that his kids have basically zero chance of becoming seriously ill and are more likely to die from a lightning strike. I also don't think he gets that his kids can still catch it and pass it on! I just want to ask why? Why would you prevent your parents from seeing their grandchildren for basically zero risk? He's an intelligent guy, but this is what it has done to people! They can't judge risk any more. It's Covid = certain death and that's it. It's maddening.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

What the world needs desperately is an inexpensive, small molecule drug(s) to "cure" Covid-19 and back up the vaccines, preferable a re-purposed drug on which all the safety testing has already been done.

Efforts are ongoing but the current supposed leader of the western world in the Whited House who should organize and galvanize the effort is taking a nap, unlike his predecessor who motivated the world to discover and develop vaccines in record time.

And..proposed injecting bleach,

Advert:

8 hours ago, bycars rob said:

And..proposed injecting bleach,

At the White House Press briefing he didn't, a question was asked by Trump of the Head of a Laboratory at the briefing if a disinfectant could be injected. It was Biden at the 1st Presidential debate who lied and claimed Trump had said about injecting bleach. 

There are different chemical types of disinfectant. Believe it or not, every time you drink beer you drink some disinfectant, ethanol (the alcohol  in beer, spirits etc) and propanol the stuff in the wipes rubbed onto the skin before a needle is injected are examples of disinfectants.

You're right about one thing though Trump liked to hand around and interact with the press which was a mistake. He should have done what Biden does, either not turn up, stand there and mumble from pre-prepared cards often to pre-arranged  questions or yell and walk off. Hence why no one has a clue what goes or who's puliing the strings in the WH these days.

Edited by Paul6754

Professor Gordon Wishart, one of the UK’s leading cancer experts, reckons 10,000 excess cancer deaths is a very low estimate. “I think it will be closer to 25,000 deaths over the next five years,” he says. Professor Wishart points to The Lancet Oncology paper published last year. “Delays in in diagnosis in NHS England suggested a 10 per cent increase in excess deaths from lung, bowel and breast cancer over the next five years. However, we then had a second lockdown [when more patients will not have seen a GP] and there are still significant delays to accessing NHS screenings and other cancer services.

Let that sink in....25,000 unnecessary deaths and many of people with their whole lives ahead of them, not just those 80+. And that's just cancer! That total will be added to by all the other big killers e.g. heart disease that hasn't been diagnosed in the name of 'safety'.

Are people still not seeing this yet? The impact of the restrictions and psychological propoganda will far, far outweigh any deaths from a virus with a 99.7% survival rate.

Anyone who supported lockdowns and all the other nonsense should hang their heads in shame. Disgraceful.

7 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Professor Gordon Wishart, one of the UK’s leading cancer experts, reckons 10,000 excess cancer deaths is a very low estimate. “I think it will be closer to 25,000 deaths over the next five years,” he says. Professor Wishart points to The Lancet Oncology paper published last year. “Delays in in diagnosis in NHS England suggested a 10 per cent increase in excess deaths from lung, bowel and breast cancer over the next five years. However, we then had a second lockdown [when more patients will not have seen a GP] and there are still significant delays to accessing NHS screenings and other cancer services.

Let that sink in....25,000 unnecessary deaths and many of people with their whole lives ahead of them, not just those 80+. And that's just cancer! That total will be added to by all the other big killers e.g. heart disease that hasn't been diagnosed in the name of 'safety'.

Are people still not seeing this yet? The impact of the restrictions and psychological propoganda will far, far outweigh any deaths from a virus with a 99.7% survival rate.

Anyone who supported lockdowns and all the other nonsense should hang their heads in shame. Disgraceful.

Yes but......

You can't catch cancer on the bus.....

And you dont get heart disease talking to people in the supermarket.

And if your double jabbed with a vaccine passport you can't catch the virus or spread the virus when you get home....... oh hang on.... yes but the government, lying Boris, says it's ok so it must be ok.... right?

8 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Why don’t you give it a rest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Advert:

You know everything about COVID, I think not, to intimate that lockdowns masks etc have no effect, is just plain stupid 
They will have undoubtedly had some effect (although it is still very much up to debate as to how much effect). But that wasn't my argument. My argument was that essentially lockdowns will cause a far greater number of deaths than Covid, plus all the other side effects on mental health, the economy etc. But as long as everyone 'stays safe' hey?

E_4J_3FUcAU3YZt?format=jpg&name=small
I honestly don't understand what is going on in Australia. Is this the definition of insanity?
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/australia/

The idiocy over there is quite staggering. Finally people in Melbourne have had enough and have started protesting. They were pelted with rubber bullets for doing so mind. I'm baffled as to how people can support this over a virus that kills predominantly a certain demographic and has a 99.7% survival rate anyway. God help us if a real pandemic came along.

16 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Stop making the same old point. Extremely frustrating that you keep mentioning this 99.7% survival rate. 

Was that the rate at the time of the lockdowns? And before the vaccine?

Just imagine the mess of there wasn’t a lockdown…

Youve posted numerous times that those who have chosen not to have the vaccine shouldn’t be treated differently. But now those who supported lockdowns should hang there head in shame…. Hypocrisy at its very best.  

Everyone in the world knows cancer is much more dangerous than covid. That isn’t the point. The point is that cancer Dosent pass from one person to another! At the height of the pandemic cases we’re going through the roof and the NSF was <ovf censored>. Whether you want to keep denying this or not, it was. Lockdown wasn’t great, clearly but if you don’t think this reduced the number of cases then there’s no point discussing this anymore. 

Everyone knows about cancer ect and the delays and it’s not good at all but what did you want them to do at the time? In the middle of a pandemic? Just go <ovf censored> it? LV Dosent think the amount of people dying from covid at the moment are worth it? 

No balance to your arguments. Again. Honestly how you can call those who supported a lockdown shameful is pretty damn pathetic. 

FYI, there was no propaganda. Stop making things up. Things reported on the news is not propaganda. I find it extremely disrespectful how you constantly discard those vulnerable or elderly. If someone dies from covid at the age of 25, who was vulnerable, didn’t they have their whole life ahead of them? 

Covid is and was extremely contagious, cancer and heart disease aren’t. 

Cancer and heart disease are clearly far far worse but they aren’t contagious. Covid could have caused a complete mess if not for lockdown. 

• Like 2

Advert:

Stop making the same old point. Extremely frustrating that you keep mentioning this 99.7% survival rate. 
Youve posted numerous times that those who have chosen not to have the vaccine shouldn’t be treated differently. But now those who supported lockdowns should hang there head in shame…. Hypocrisy at its very best.  

Everyone in the world knows cancer is much more dangerous than covid. That isn’t the point. The point is that cancer Dosent pass from one person to another! At the height of the pandemic cases we’re going through the roof and the NSF was . Whether you want to keep denying this or not, it was. Lockdown wasn’t great, clearly but if you don’t think this reduced the number of cases then there’s no point discussing this anymore. 

Everyone knows about cancer ect and the delays and it’s not good at all but what did you want them to do at the time? In the middle of a pandemic? Just go it? LV Dosent think the amount of people dying from covid at the moment are worth it? 
No balance to your arguments. Again. Honestly how you can call those who supported a lockdown shameful is pretty damn pathetic. 

FYI, there was no propaganda. Stop making things up. Things reported on the news is not propaganda. I find it extremely disrespectful how you constantly discard those vulnerable or elderly. If someone dies from covid at the age of 25, who was vulnerable, didn’t they have their whole life ahead of them? 
Cancer and heart disease are clearly far far worse but they aren’t contagious. Covid could have caused a complete mess if not for lockdown. 

Wow. What can you say to that? Incredible. You are the very reason that this country has lost the plot over this.

1) yes, the percentage of people surviving has been well over 99% throughout, vaccine or not. Whitty said at the start that most people will suffer mild illness. Even over 80, the survival rate is very high. It's the assumption that everybody who gets Covid is at grave danger of death is beyond ridiculous.
2) You are basing your assumption that things would have been 'terrible' based on the modelling brought out at the beginning of the pandemic, which has been widely discredited, used vastly wrong assumptions on Infection fatality rate and the same models have been massively wrong again and again throughout. This, combined with the PCR test, whose own inventor said was not suitable for mass testing. The PCR test which varies in sensitivity from country to country. God knows how many misdiagnosis and false positives have occurred.
3) no you cannot catch or transmit cancer but you can cure it with early diagnosis, which we fundamentally haven't done because Covid is the only illness in town. Imagine the amount of lives that could have been saved on using say the track and trace budget alone?
4) lockdown would work effectively if everyone was hermetically sealed in their homes and never allowed out, clearly that's not possible. Funneling people to some of the few places that were open e.g. supermarkets is just completely negating any interventions.
5) you are making the assumption that the 140,000 people who have supposed all died from Covid are accurate figures. 2020 was the worst year for excess deaths since....oooh let me think...2008, less than 15 years ago. Several years before were worse.
6) lockdown has had a positive effect on bringing down cases in some countries but not in others. Surely if lockdown was a solution then the evidence would show it worked everywhere. Many places that didn't lockdown actually performed better than those that did!
7) Do I think that people dying aren't worth it? No of course I don't but old people die unfortunately, that's the nature of it. Many deaths that would have happened anyway have been attributed to Covid. Would my 96 year old nan have preferred to have seen her family in the last year of her life rather than hiding away from something that in all probability wouldn't kill her anyway? Absolutely.
8) If you don't believe that the government uses some areas of the press for propoganda then there is no hope. What deadly pandemic requires a 300 million pound marketing budget? What deadly pandemic needs to constantly remind people to stay at home? Which deadly pandemic requires coercion to be vaccinated from? Some of the journalists questions have been pathetic. Nobody has questioned the tests, the figures, the modelling (bar a handful). Many newspapers have received huge swathes of advertising budget from the government...do you think they would go against the grain when money is involved?
9) What would or should we have done instead? Taken the pandemic plan that actually was created for a pandemic worse than this. Used sensible mitigation like staying at home when ill. Using the approach like Sweden which did not shut its schools and economies and now has very little issue with Covid. What we did was to copy everybody else who had copied China, with absolutely zero regard for the consequences.
10) You never answered my point about the fact that all this nonsense will have caused more deaths than it has saved, across a much younger average age group. So remind me, what was the purpose of lockdown again? Yes, you get some young people affected by Covid but the average age of deaths is 82, people who have already lived their lives. I've asked a number of people in that age bracket and they've all said the same thing....I'd much rather live a proper life that I have left than to be chained to my house. Funnily enough, this age group is never surveyed for its opinion, probably because it wouldn't fit the scare narrative.

What you have done, and what most people have done, is grossly misinterpreted the risk, listened to state sponsored scientists only, believed every word spouted by your oh so trustworthy government and swallowed the propoganda hook line and sinker. No questions, no kickback. When presented with arguments against, your comeback essentially boils down to 'but people died!'. I hate to break it to people but people die every day in their thousands, 600,000 per year. More people died in 2007 and a number of years previously. 2020 was not an exceptional year for deaths. In a real pandemic, people would be begging for the vaccine, teriffied to leave their homes. This has been a nasty virus, massively over exaggerated. God help us if we do have a real pandemic that kills 1 in 2 or 3....will people be willing to do the same as we have done again? We've set a ridiculous precedent.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Everyone in the world knows cancer is much more dangerous than covid. That isn’t the point. The point is that cancer Dosent pass from one person to another! At the height of the pandemic cases we’re going through the roof and the NSF was <ovf censored>. Whether you want to keep denying this or not, it was. Lockdown wasn’t great, clearly but if you don’t think this reduced the number of cases then there’s no point discussing this anymore. 

Everyone knows about cancer ect and the delays and it’s not good at all but what did you want them to do at the time? In the middle of a pandemic? Just go <ovf censored> it? LV Dosent think the amount of people dying from covid at the moment are worth it? 

I posted the ONS stats for this a few pages back. The survival rate during 2020 (before the vaccine) for under-65 year olds is 99.9841%

The thing I can't understand is why is everyone literally petrified of a virus that has a 0.0159% chance of killing them, yet for decades, cancer has been responsible for killing 1 in 4 people and no one batted an eyelid?

And can someone tell me why people are more scared of something that spreads over something that doesn't, even if the thing that doesn't spread has more chance of killing you?