Coronavirus

robf

2 hours ago, Mario said:
4 hours ago, Mario said:
Northern Ireland and Scotland pleading for the M O D to send armed forces medics because they can't cope with the numbers of covid Thought Jimmy Krankee had it all under control

UK records 26,911 new cases and 158 further deaths........with 8,339 patients in hospital....and some say its not as bad as the media make out....

I wonder how many of the 26,911 cases are vaccinated?

How many have had it before and how many tests were carried out?

14 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

I'm not doubting your source, but nationally that doesn't bear out in terms of hospital admissions. It's like somebody told me the other day that 70 people were on ventilators due to Covid at Royal Stoke. I find it hard to believe that there are 70 ventilators in Royal Stoke. Chinese whispers are damaging from both sides of the argument.

I don't think anybody is trying to force anything on anybody. You either want the vaccine or you don't. It's actually the coercion that I find wrong when it is a vaccine that only protects you, it should be your decision. Most people have chosen to have the vaccine because they believe themselves to be at mortal danger from Covid if they get it. Some people choose not to have the vaccine because they believe they have very little chance of being seriously ill but are concerned about other effects. I can understand sympathy to both scenarios but neither scenario are likely to die from Covid. I'll reiterate that you have got to be seriously, seriously unlucky to die from Covid, particularly under 60. Even over that age, the chances are very slim.

It's this massive misunderstanding of individual and collective risk that people just can't get their heads around and it's simply because they have been scared half to death with unreliable data and doomsday modelling. I just don't get this massive fear of death, it's inevitable for all of us. If I die tomorrow then so be it, but I'm not prepared to live my life in fear of something that is such a minuscule risk to me. I'd much rather live in freedom and enjoy my life, however long I have left.

And if everybody refused the vaccine where would we be? 

Context! With or of? Caught in hospital or not? All 158 deaths occurred today or over a number of days? Normal amount of respiratory patients at this time of year? How many people normally go into hospital on any given day? What are these 8000 actually in hospital for? All questions that need to be asked but never are!
Why not the more important number of deaths, all the people dying of cancer for lack of face to face doctor appointments, and consequently access to treatment.

4 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Well 88% of the country has taken it and we're still no closer to 'normal'. Quite the opposite infact.

No idea how you’ve taken that view sorry.

81.4% of the population was fully vaccinated as of yesterday. The data is clear that it has overwhelmingly cut hospital admissions and deaths, particularly considering the extremely significant data variable that was lockdown, which massively stifled numbers until we could get the vaccine rolled out, which ended nearly 6 months ago in March.

FF04047F-D000-4416-BC07-5BB51C56774F.thumb.jpeg.ade2e17af23b2999d0dc75a2b016c0b8.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Well 88% of the country has taken it and we're still no closer to 'normal'. Quite the opposite infact.

Im not sure if people remember what normal was or is. Fear has a way of bending reality and creating a mob mentality.

• Like 1

Clearly states multiple times it also reduces the chances of contracting it, including the delta variant. Keep saying false though

I too don't want anyone to be forced to have it but I think it's perfectly fine to tell people they don't have to have it but they are being a bit daft. Theres no problem defending peoples rights to have it or not but posting actual false information is a problem.

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Sorry that’s wrong. 

Compare now to a year ago. Due to 88% of the population having a vaccine we are very close to being back to normality. 

This has drastically cut hospital admissions and deaths. It’s blatantly worked and has blatantly protected the elderly and vulnerable. 

Before the vaccine we couldn’t even leave the house, shops didn’t have enough food, no sport, most businesses shut, pubs and restaurants all closed and the list goes on. The fact that 88% of people have had the vaccine has got us as close to normality as possible. 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Sorry that’s wrong. 

Compare now to a year ago. Due to 88% of the population having a vaccine we are very close to being back to normality. 

This has drastically cut hospital admissions and deaths. It’s blatantly worked and has blatantly protected the elderly and vulnerable. 

Before the vaccine we couldn’t even leave the house, shops didn’t have enough food, no sport, most businesses shut, pubs and restaurants all closed and the list goes on. The fact that 88% of people have had the vaccine has got us as close to normality as possible. 

And we would be closer if everyone took it up. Currently over 70% of people in hospital are unvaccinated. These people are in danger of losing employment, letting their families down, and it will be more difficult and expensive to travel abroad 

2 hours ago, glenpvfc said:

Clearly states multiple times it also reduces the chances of contracting it, including the delta variant. Keep saying false though

I too don't want anyone to be forced to have it but I think it's perfectly fine to tell people they don't have to have it but they are being a bit daft. Theres no problem defending peoples rights to have it or not but posting actual false information is a problem.

The apparent mistake did nothing to change the Sunshine State’s status as the coronavirus hotspot of the nation, but the Florida Department of Health jumped on it.

“The daily case counts for Florida currently posted on the CDC COVID Tracker are incorrect,” it wrote in a tweet shortly after midnight.

Instead of the 28,317 new cases that the CDC said Florida logged on Sunday, the actual number was 15,319, it said.

15 minutes ago, geosname said:

The apparent mistake did nothing to change the Sunshine State’s status as the coronavirus hotspot of the nation, but the Florida Department of Health jumped on it.

“The daily case counts for Florida currently posted on the CDC COVID Tracker are incorrect,” it wrote in a tweet shortly after midnight.

Instead of the 28,317 new cases that the CDC said Florida logged on Sunday, the actual number was 15,319, it said.

What has that got to do with whether the vaccine reduces infection or not?

42 minutes ago, geosname said:

"Theres no problem defending peoples rights to have it or not but posting actual false information is a problem."

16 minutes ago, geosname said:

"Theres no problem defending peoples rights to have it or not but posting actual false information is a problem."

Ahh got you. Bit of a stretch, I'm sure you know what I meant.

I'd say someone logging incorrect numbers is more of mistake, I'm talking about people adamantly saying "False" to correct information in regards to what the vaccine does though. (I know you didn't say that, you just stated you hadn't heard it)

Maybe 28,317 was the expected number until they realised how effective the vaccine was at reducing infection and then the total number was actually 15,319 😉

6 hours ago, Doha said:

No idea how you’ve taken that view sorry.

81.4% of the population was fully vaccinated as of yesterday. The data is clear that it has overwhelmingly cut hospital admissions and deaths, particularly considering the extremely significant data variable that was lockdown, which massively stifled numbers until we could get the vaccine rolled out, which ended nearly 6 months ago in March.

FF04047F-D000-4416-BC07-5BB51C56774F.thumb.jpeg.ade2e17af23b2999d0dc75a2b016c0b8.jpeg

But I'm not talking about reducing deaths/hospitalisations, I was talking about "normality" (I've already offered my views into why the veracity of the data is a little dubious in previous posts).

If the deaths are in fact reducing (either vaccine/natural immunity related) then why are winter lockdowns even being discussed?

Why are people that have chosen to have the vaccine constantly belittling and abusing people that have chosen not to have the vaccine?

Why is everyone still so obsessed with other people's medical history?

Why is there still so much propaganda and scaremongering from the media about a virus with a 99.9%+ survival rate?

Why do people still wear masks even though they're proven to be ineffective?

Why do "vaccine passports" keep being discussed where people are being coerced into having the vaccine or risk losing all their freedom?

Why are vaccine's being pushed onto young children, even with compelling evidence of a 99.99999%+ survival rate in that age group?

Why do so many people agree with unvaccinated people losing all their civil rights, dignity and freedom?

This is no where near "normality" by my definition.

• Like 1