Coronavirus

robf

Advert:

42 minutes ago, geosname said:

The apparent mistake did nothing to change the Sunshine State’s status as the coronavirus hotspot of the nation, but the Florida Department of Health jumped on it.

“The daily case counts for Florida currently posted on the CDC COVID Tracker are incorrect,” it wrote in a tweet shortly after midnight.

Instead of the 28,317 new cases that the CDC said Florida logged on Sunday, the actual number was 15,319, it said.

"Theres no problem defending peoples rights to have it or not but posting actual false information is a problem."

16 minutes ago, geosname said:

"Theres no problem defending peoples rights to have it or not but posting actual false information is a problem."

Ahh got you. Bit of a stretch, I'm sure you know what I meant.

I'd say someone logging incorrect numbers is more of mistake, I'm talking about people adamantly saying "False" to correct information in regards to what the vaccine does though. (I know you didn't say that, you just stated you hadn't heard it)

Maybe 28,317 was the expected number until they realised how effective the vaccine was at reducing infection and then the total number was actually 15,319 😉

6 hours ago, Doha said:

No idea how you’ve taken that view sorry.

81.4% of the population was fully vaccinated as of yesterday. The data is clear that it has overwhelmingly cut hospital admissions and deaths, particularly considering the extremely significant data variable that was lockdown, which massively stifled numbers until we could get the vaccine rolled out, which ended nearly 6 months ago in March.

FF04047F-D000-4416-BC07-5BB51C56774F.thumb.jpeg.ade2e17af23b2999d0dc75a2b016c0b8.jpeg

But I'm not talking about reducing deaths/hospitalisations, I was talking about "normality" (I've already offered my views into why the veracity of the data is a little dubious in previous posts).

If the deaths are in fact reducing (either vaccine/natural immunity related) then why are winter lockdowns even being discussed?

Why are people that have chosen to have the vaccine constantly belittling and abusing people that have chosen not to have the vaccine?

Why is everyone still so obsessed with other people's medical history?

Why is there still so much propaganda and scaremongering from the media about a virus with a 99.9%+ survival rate?

Why do people still wear masks even though they're proven to be ineffective?

Why do "vaccine passports" keep being discussed where people are being coerced into having the vaccine or risk losing all their freedom?

Why are vaccine's being pushed onto young children, even with compelling evidence of a 99.99999%+ survival rate in that age group?

Why do so many people agree with unvaccinated people losing all their civil rights, dignity and freedom?

This is no where near "normality" by my definition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glenpvfc said:

Ahh got you. Bit of a stretch, I'm sure you know what I meant.

I'd say someone logging incorrect numbers is more of mistake, I'm talking about people adamantly saying "False" to correct information in regards to what the vaccine does though. (I know you didn't say that, you just stated you hadn't heard it)

Maybe 28,317 was the expected number until they realised how effective the vaccine was at reducing infection and then the total number was actually 15,319 😉

It's a bit scarey if the cdc is publishing expected figures not actual/recorded figures, and how accurate can expected figures be in a pandemic? Pre lockdown the UK was told 100,000+, 200,000+ cases a day. Highlights the fact you can't always believe what "they" tell you.

Didn't some expert say there were 60% of people in hospital who were double jabbed,  then change it to 40%.

The death figures published in the UK have been based upon people dying (of any cause) within 28 days of a positive test, they have been banded about as covid deaths..... are they all covid deaths? Or more accurately deaths within 28 days?

When someone tries to sell you an idea they will probably use statistics the verify or support what they are trying to sell. The statistics may be extrapolated to give you the confidence to believe.

Saying there are 30,000 cases a day looks shocking but if you include 2,000,000 tests have been done in that day it lessens the effect. 100 people dying of the virus a day sounds huge until you add 1,500 people died every day before the virus it makes it less significant on a general scale.... (examples)

Politicians do it all the time, more so during elections......

Give the people accurate comparative information, not just information that supports a particular view, to make their own decisions.

When an authority tells me something I always question what they are not telling me.

• Like 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

But I'm not talking about reducing deaths/hospitalisations, I was talking about "normality" (I've already offered my views into why the veracity of the data is a little dubious in previous posts).

If the deaths are in fact reducing (either vaccine/natural immunity related) then why are winter lockdowns even being discussed?

Why are people that have chosen to have the vaccine constantly belittling and abusing people that have chosen not to have the vaccine?

Why is there still so much propaganda and scaremongering from the media about a virus with a 99.9%+ survival rate?

Why do "vaccine passports" keep being discussed where people are being coerced into having the vaccine or risk losing all their freedom?

Why are vaccine's being pushed onto young children, even with compelling evidence of a 99.99999%+ survival rate in that age group?

Why do so many people agree with unvaccinated people losing all their civil rights, dignity and freedom?

Why was a 55 year old woman wrestled to the ground, strip searched and locked up...... for not wearing a mask..... even though she is exempt?

• Like 1

48036897-0-Health_service_statistics_show_there_were_6_146_NHS_beds_taken_u-a-11_1631874507046.jpg

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Well knock me down with a feather. Who would have thought it?

Knock off another couple of thousand who have actually got pneumonia or some other respiratory disease and suddenly the figures don't stack up to the scare stories.

• Like 1

Why was a 55 year old woman wrestled to the ground, strip searched and locked up...... for not wearing a mask..... even though she is exempt?
This is what it has created in people. People are so frightened that they believe that anyone who doesn't tow the line is a genuine threat to their life. The worst of it is that people support this kind of behaviour. And they call sceptics selfish and nasty!

Absolutely. Until all of this incessant testing of healthy people stops, life would never be normal. If what is happening now in terms of deaths and hospitalisations had happened in September 2019, nobody would have batted an eyelid. What this has shown up is the fact that the human race is actually pretty pathetic.

Advert:

12 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
15 minutes ago, Mario said:
UK records 32,651 new Covid cases and 178 further deaths.... That's on the up.
With 8,068 patients in hospital at least that's down by 271

Context

Context. It is still serious, people refusing vaccines are putting themselves, their families, hospital staff at risk. It may not be happening in LV land, but it’s still risky over the UK

For those interested in some more stats on mortality/survival rate per age group, the ONS have some interesting numbers. I've added in the percentages myself for males + female just out of interest.

image.png.4b6db01f360b110dc688c484f9f73f6c.png

This is what baffles me. The mortality numbers are so low for the vast majority of the population. The survival rate for under-65 year olds is 99.9841%.

And every life is precious. Of course it is. Someone under 65 is worth just as much as someone 90 years old but the sad fact of life is that people die. People's health deteriorates as they get older, so they are more at risk, and more vulnerable to all sorts of illnesses. 30,000 pensioners freeze to death every year and it's horrible. But this is sadly the reality we live in. COVID is no different to the flu/common cold/freezing temperatures in that it will affect the vulnerable more than others.

But again, even the overall survival rate is still 99.8731% so how have we ended up in this mess? How are people literally terrified of this? Why have businesses and lives been destroyed? Why are people that don't feel a vaccine is necessary, having their freedom taken off them around the world? Why is there such division between people who want the vaccine and people that don't? Why has so much taxpayer money been wasted? When will this end?

The odds of dying from COVID are 0.1269%, the odds of dying of cancer are 28% (more than one in four of all deaths) - yet cancer has never been mentioned as much as COVID has been, and cancer has never created the same amount of fear in people!

35 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Context. It is still serious, people refusing vaccines are putting themselves, their families, hospital staff at risk. It may not be happening in LV land, but it’s still risky over the UK

How are they putting their families and hospital staff at risk?

Do you understand that this vaccine just stops your own symptoms from being severe? With the vaccine you can still catch COVID and still transmit it. All it does it protect yourself.

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

How are they putting their families and hospital staff at risk?

Do you understand that this vaccine just stops your own symptoms from being severe? With the vaccine you can still catch COVID and still transmit it. All it does it protect yourself.

Crikey!!  By not vaccinating they are putting themselves at risk of long standing health issues and even death, obviously has happened recently young fathers are dying, leaving kids. Unvaccinated are at more risks of being hospitalised hence the risk to NHS workers. As you correctly say the vaccine stops the symptoms being severe. So there is so much more than self protection 

Advert:

Crikey!!  By not vaccinating they are putting themselves at risk of long standing health issues and even death, obviously has happened recently young fathers are dying, leaving kids. Unvaccinated are at more risks of being hospitalised hence the risk to NHS workers. As you correctly say the vaccine stops the symptoms being severe. So there is so much more than self protection 
But that doesn't put people who have had the vaccine at risk. Your argument makes no sense.
  • Like 1

Please see the stats about risk above. Why do you worry warts completely dismiss the minute risk. Do you choose to ignore it or do you not understand it?

For those interested in some more stats on mortality/survival rate per age group, the ONS have some interesting numbers. I've added in the percentages myself for males + female just out of interest.
image.png.4b6db01f360b110dc688c484f9f73f6c.png
This is what baffles me. The mortality numbers are so low for the vast majority of the population. The survival rate for under-65 year olds is 99.9841%.
And every life is precious. Of course it is. Someone under 65 is worth just as much as someone 90 years old but the sad fact of life is that people die. People's health deteriorates as they get older, so they are more at risk, and more vulnerable to all sorts of illnesses. 30,000 pensioners freeze to death every year and it's horrible. But this is sadly the reality we live in. COVID is no different to the flu/common cold/freezing temperatures in that it will affect the vulnerable more than others.
But again, even the overall survival rate is still 99.8731% so how have we ended up in this mess? How are people literally terrified of this? Why have businesses and lives been destroyed? Why are people that don't feel a vaccine is necessary, having their freedom taken off them around the world? Why is there such division between people who want the vaccine and people that don't? Why has so much taxpayer money been wasted? When will this end?
The odds of dying from COVID are 0.1269%, the odds of dying of cancer are 28% (more than one in four of all deaths) - yet cancer has never been mentioned as much as COVID has been, and cancer has never created the same amount of fear in people!

Great analysis! Why do people not look at this? You would never ever go into a bookies and bet on those odds! It is baffling to me why people are even remotely worried, genuinely why?

I'm personally much more concerned about any other form of dying than from Covid! Please can someone explain why there is such panic?
  • Like 1