Coronavirus

robf

14 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:
16 hours ago, tommytunstall said:
It was fantastic. Suppose you don’t want to leave your Eutopia where masks aren’t required because Covid is not really serious 

It's Utopia. You're correct with the second part unless you are over 80 years of age.

You keep banging on about it not being dangerous for those under 80 and it’s a ludicrous statement. I know many people in their 20s who were seriously ill!! As in life threatening ill in one particular case. Just because the majority that die / get seriously ill from Covid are elderly or have health issues Dosent mean it’s harmless for everyone else. 

5 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Really sad. 

This, and stories like this, are why people should never ever be forced to have this experimental trial drug.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/family-devastated-after-mum-35-5906331

Horrible story and really sad. 
Nobody should be forced to have a vaccine obviously, but it’s really not that experimental. It’s been tested extensively. 

You keep banging on about it not being dangerous for those under 80 and it’s a ludicrous statement. I know many people in their 20s who were seriously ill!! As in life threatening ill in one particular case. Just because the majority that die / get seriously ill from Covid are elderly or have health issues Dosent mean it’s harmless for everyone else. 
Agreed but they are very much in the minority. Yes, people can be in bed for a few days and can be quite poorly but do the majority need hospital? No. Perspective, as always, is needed.

30 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Dosent mean it’s harmless for everyone else. 

There are very few things in life that are totally harmless.

Life and living is about risk assessment. Whether you make those decisions consciously or unconsciously. 

That doesn't mean there is no risk

31 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Agreed but they are very much in the minority. Yes, people can be in bed for a few days and can be quite poorly but do the majority need hospital? No. Perspective, as always, is needed.

Majority no. But that’s not to say it’s not dangerous it quite clearly is. Agree perspective is needed but that’s from both angles. 

Majority no. But that’s not to say it’s not dangerous it quite clearly is. Agree perspective is needed but that’s from both angles. 
Unfortunately, young people do get seriously ill or die before their time but the figures have to be put into context. It's desperately sad for their families but it happens unfortunately. Is it dangerous to most people under the age of 60? The answer is no.
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, geosname said:

There are very few things in life that are totally harmless.

Life and living is about risk assessment. Whether you make those decisions consciously or unconsciously. 

That doesn't mean there is no risk

I agree

31 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:
Nobody should be forced to have a vaccine obviously, but it’s really not that experimental. It’s been tested extensively. 

It's a different way of creating a vaccine. It has been well tested but has it had enough long term testing?

I guess time will tell but with the amount of testing I can’t imagine there being many side effects. You will always get the one off horror story with everything. 

1 minute ago, leedsvaliant said:
5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Unfortunately, young people do get seriously ill or die before their time but the figures have to be put into context. It's desperately sad for their families but it happens unfortunately. Is it dangerous to most people under the age of 60? The answer is no.

Not disagreeing, it’s not seriously dangerous to most under 60 and your right the figures do back that up, but it’s certainly not harmless as mentioned earlier. 

Not disagreeing, it’s not seriously dangerous to most under 60 and your right the figures do back that up, but it’s certainly not harmless as mentioned earlier. 
Totally agree, but there are many illnesses that are not harmless to those under 60. I guess it's about what you consider to be risk to you and yours. I wouldn't put money on myself or any of my family becoming seriously ill put it that way.

18 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

It's still in it's trial phase until 2023, so tests are ongoing.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04368728

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04796896

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04516746

The FDA even admit that "information is not yet available about potential long-term health outcomes". So even they don't know how this could affect people long term.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

Again, everything is hidden in plain sight.

30 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Trial phase Dosent mean it hasn’t been extensively tested though. It’s something that had to be pushed out quicker than they probably would have liked just so people could try to get to some kind of normality 

It has actually been tested on more people than any other vaccine in history. It was been worked on 10 years ago. Coronavirus isn't new, just this outbreak is new. 

Why is it ok to dismiss long term effects of covid but to place so much concern on long term effects of the vaccine? @valeparklife

• Like 1

It has actually been tested on more people than any other vaccine in history. It was been worked on 10 years ago. Coronavirus isn't new, just this outbreak is new. 
Why is it ok to dismiss long term effects of covid but to place so much concern on long term effects of the vaccine? @valeparklife

It's a fair point but nobody has a choice to catch Covid but they do have a choice not to take a vaccine. Neither long Covid nor long term effects of the vaccine can be definitively proved at this point, but if some people believe that the vaccines are more of a risk than Covid to them, then surely that's their personal choice?
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
1 hour ago, WV said:

It's a fair point but nobody has a choice to catch Covid but they do have a choice not to take a vaccine. Neither long Covid nor long term effects of the vaccine can be definitively proved at this point, but if some people believe that the vaccines are more of a risk than Covid to them, then surely that's their personal choice?

It is their personal choice,until it affects othe people,ie Taxi drivers, Care workers, Hospital workers etc. Would like any of the above who interact with to be vaccinated. Ok you can catch Covid after have both jabs, but by and large it will only be mild.

It is their personal choice,until it affects othe people,ie Taxi drivers, Care workers, Hospital workers etc. Would like any of the above who interact with to be vaccinated. Ok you can catch Covid after have both jabs, but by and large it will only be mild.
But the point that is so often missed and which you don't seem to grasp is that the vaccine only protects you. So basically it's irrelevant as to who around you has had or not had a vaccine. It's their choice to put themselves at (very minimal) risk. That's why vaccine passports were unworkable because you can still get it and you can still pass it on. Other people's vaccine status has zero impact on you.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WV said:

Look at the links I've shared, they show the official vaccine trial phases (start and end dates). They are the one's being administered.

I don't believe I have dismissed the long term effects of COVID? I don't know where you've got that from?

No one knows the long term effects of having COVID. And no-one knows the long term effects of the vaccine. But I can't choose whether I get COVID but I can choose not to have the vaccine.