Coronavirus

robf

Literally everyone I know who has had covid was really ill (other than my sister, who just had a caugh). These are people in their late 20s and had the delta variant recently. Only one could be considered vulnerable due to asthma. The rest all fit and healthy. Figures may overplay it, but some definitely underplay it. 

For me sunny Boslem has it right. For the majority it is now safe but they need to show respect for those that it isn’t. Sadly I think the majority couldn’t care less. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Thanks 1

Literally everyone I know who has had covid was really ill (other than my sister, who just had a caugh). These are people in their late 20s and had the delta variant recently. Only one could be considered vulnerable due to asthma. The rest all fit and healthy. Figures may overplay it, but some definitely underplay it. 

For me sunny Boslem has it right. For the majority it is now safe but they need to show respect for those that it isn’t. Sadly I think the majority couldn’t care less. 
I am always cautious around the elderly, particularly if I have a sniffle (which is why focused protection was the best idea)but this paranoia that loads of young people are getting seriously ill has got to stop. Again, I am not saying people are lying but it depends on the person as to the definition of really ill. My wife for example will seem like she is dying from a cold, whereas I will crack on. Of the people I know directly, the most they have had is a bit of a temperature but were absolutely fine after about 3 days.

I don't think it's that people don't care, I think it's that a lot of people have realised that they have done all they can to be protected by vaccine and at some point you have to draw a line in the sand. I'm glad that we're back to relatively normality (apart from the stupid travel rules), I just hope the government doesn't panic as cases inevitably rise and we get more rebadged flu and pneumonia deaths in the winter.

So 6 out of 70 have it (those that have tested anyway) and you know 6 out of thousands.  Some disparity there again unsurprisingly 
I did correct myself and say 12. Why would I lie about it? I'm just thinking now as to who I either know or indirectly know and it equates to about a dozen. Stop making me out to be a liar as I know that's the bedwetting tactic, to denounce us sceptics as fantasists.

On 01/09/2021 at 20:08, Mario said:

The UK has recorded 207 new Covid 19 related deaths the highest number since March.....Not going away is it? Way things are going the vaccinated won't be protected

I've been through this a number of times on this thread regarding how "cases" and "deaths" are defined.

It's all grossly inflated and literally hidden in plain sight on Government websites.

"Way things are going the vaccinated won't be protected" - so what is the point of the vaccine? And what is the point of forcing everyone to get it?

The vaccine reduces the effect the virus has.

It does not stop you catching the virus, it does not stop you spreading the virus. It does not reduce the contagion factor of the virus. 

If the above is true what is the benefit in a covid passport?

If the person next to you in a pub has the virus they can transmit it whether they have been vaccinated or not and everyone in the pub can catch it whether they have been vaccinated or not..... Will a piece of paper proving you have been double jabbed restrict the contagion?

The statistics are confusing, the information is confusing and the directives are confusing.

• Like 1

It does not stop you catching the virus, it does not stop you spreading the virus. It does not reduce the contagion factor of the virus. 
If the person next to you in a pub has the virus they can transmit it whether they have been vaccinated or not and everyone in the pub can catch it whether they have been vaccinated or not..... Will a piece of paper proving you have been double jabbed restrict the contagion?
The statistics are confusing, the information is confusing and the directives are confusing.
Which is exactly why you get people who are ignorant or don't ask any questions going blindly along with it all. Confuse the people and keep referring to 'the science ' and you get this panic.

1 minute ago, leedsvaliant said:
43 minutes ago, geosname said:

Which is exactly why you get people who are ignorant or don't ask any questions going blindly along with it all. Confuse the people and keep referring to 'the science ' and you get this panic.

Despite your constant denials people are worried and some even panicking, with over 30k new cases per day and upwards of 120 deaths a day that is very understandable 

I've been through this a number of times on this thread regarding how "cases" and "deaths" are defined.
It's all grossly inflated and literally hidden in plain sight on Government websites.
"Way things are going the vaccinated won't be protected" - so what is the point of the vaccine? And what is the point of forcing everyone to get it?
I wouldn't waste your breath mate. You can tell people this until you're blue in the face but 18 months of propoganda and misrepresentation of statistics is a powerful beast. Unfortunately, until it's spelt out to people (which I hope will come to light at some point) people will go along with this 'deadly virus ' narrative because that's what they've been told constantly. Once again 2020 was not a vastly unusual year in terms of deaths over the last 20 years. Once again, 5% of deaths in the United States were people who had nothing else wrong with them. Once again, we've had some pretty mild flu seasons in the last 5 years. Once again, the testing we use is highly sensitive and was not recommended as a mass testing device by its own inventor. Once again, the classification of deaths over the last 18 months has been ambiguous at best, with many GPs guessing that the death was from Covid and many deaths being classified as such through an insane testing regime.

Governments across the world have taken measures because they are terrified of being blamed for any deaths, so they've got to be seen to be doing 'something ' even if that something is completely pointless like masks or curfews or table service or all the other madcap ideas that my 8 year old daughter would probably come up with.

Until the day that it's proved that we were on the right side of history we will have to put up with the uncaring, selfish label that keeps getting thrown at us.
  • Like 2

Despite your constant denials people are worried and some even panicking, with over 30k new cases per day and upwards of 120 deaths a day that is very understandable 
I'm bored of you not bothering to look at the context. Look at the deaths by date and you'll see it remains flat. Again, are these people all ill? Are they in hospital because of Covid? How old are they? Have they had 2 jabs? Are all these deaths genuinely Covid or old people coming to the end of their life who happen to test positive. Stop seeing things so black and white. Open your mind to the possibility that so called experts are wrong. Science is not black and white and scientists with equal credentials disagree with the mainstream narrative and massive over reaction.

I'm startled by the lack of critical thinking that is around in this country although you just have to look at some of the most popular TV programmes to understand the collective intelligence of the UK.
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:
9 hours ago, WV said:
So 6 out of 70 have it (those that have tested anyway) and you know 6 out of thousands.  Some disparity there again unsurprisingly 

I did correct myself and say 12. Why would I lie about it? I'm just thinking now as to who I either know or indirectly know and it equates to about a dozen. Stop making me out to be a liar as I know that's the bedwetting tactic, to denounce us sceptics as fantasists.

You've had a very different experience to me and my customer base is in the hundreds not thousands. I had covid and I was very ill for 3 weeks then 2 months later I had suspected bronchitis and after a scan I was told it wasn't bronchitis but my lungs were scarred, most likely from the covid. I have no underlying health conditions and was 36 years old in good condition. Now I'm not in as good condition, I struggle for breathe somr mornings and get palpitations and out of breathe running up the stairs. But you rubbish long covid or anyone without health problems having complications. Get out of your bubble, people aren't lying to you. 

1 minute ago, leedsvaliant said:
6 minutes ago, Mario said:

Today on the BBC..The UK records another 42,076 coronavirus cases - the highest daily figure for six weeks don't think there's a number given for long covid sufferers...

Cases....zzzzzz.....long Covid zzzz....

<ovf censored> me you're tiresome and dangerous. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mario said:

Today on the BBC..The UK records another 42,076 coronavirus cases - the highest daily figure for six weeks don't think there's a number given for long covid sufferers...

So what?

More people are being tested. This will result in more "cases".

86% of people that test positive for COVID have no symptoms. They don't even know they've got it so won't have any effect on them!

Another irrelevant scare mongering ploy from the media.

• Like 2

You've had a very different experience to me and my customer base is in the hundreds not thousands. I had covid and I was very ill for 3 weeks then 2 months later I had suspected bronchitis and after a scan I was told it wasn't bronchitis but my lungs were scarred, most likely from the covid. I have no underlying health conditions and was 36 years old in good condition. Now I'm not in as good condition, I struggle for breathe somr mornings and get palpitations and out of breathe running up the stairs. But you rubbish long covid or anyone without health problems having complications. Get out of your bubble, people aren't lying to you. 

And I feel bad for you but your case is certainly not the norm and we can't suspend everybody's life I'm afraid to stop a very small fraction of previously healthy people from getting ill. It sounds harsh and uncaring but we have to deal in facts at this stage. I understand why you feel strongly for further protection now but your story is sadly the anomaly and not the norm. Additionally, I know people who have had pneumonia and pleurisy but after a year or so their lungs were healed completely. I just think we're jumping the gun with long term symptoms when the pandemic isn't even 2 years old.
  • Like 1

So what?
More people are being tested. This will result in more "cases".
86% of people that test positive for COVID have no symptoms. They don't even know they've got it so won't have any effect on them!
Another irrelevant scare mongering ploy from the media.
Sensible, realistic statistics like this with context are glossed over. It seems no matter how much factual information you throw at people, the less they listen. As I said previously, propoganda is a powerful tool and I can see genuine fear in the eyes of those who have never once stopped to think ' is this a genuine threat to me and my family? '
  • Like 1