Coronavirus

robf

3 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
2 hours ago, WV said:
According to the ONS 2020 actually was a remarkable year for deaths as LV put it. No surprise to see LV spreading more myths and falsehoods  WWW.ONS.GOV.UK  

Look at the early 2000s per 100,000 population. Exactly the same if not more.

You have not adjusted for the increased NHS spending in the early 2000s

The deaths per 100,000 age standardised mortality continues to be higher until around 2008, so I'm not sure how increased spending had much/any impact. Old people die no matter how much money you throw at it.

5 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
9 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The deaths per 100,000 age standardised mortality continues to be higher until around 2008, so I'm not sure how increased spending had much/any impact. Old people die no matter how much money you throw at it.

There was bound to be a lag in improved health results whilst the NHS capacity  was being restored.  Everybody dies, most people prefer to live as long as they can. So no point in treating people? 

There was bound to be a lag in improved health results whilst the NHS capacity  was being restored.  Everybody dies, most people prefer to live as long as they can. So no point in treating people? 
Not at all, just saying that it's impossible to suggest that a bit more spending will have decreased mortality significantly and that lag dragged on for an awfully long time. My point still stands that 2020 based on age and population was not a vastly unusual year.

We seem to have lost the narrative that everybody dies and I would argue that most people would prefer to live their lives with no restrictions rather than prolong their life for a few more months or years surving but not truly living. My next door neighbours are 80 and have been out of the house once in the past 18 months. They might not have long left so surely better to enjoy the years they have than sit fearfully in the house from a virus that probably won't kill them anyway?

Not at all, just saying that it's impossible to suggest that a bit more spending will have decreased mortality significantly and that lag dragged on for an awfully long time. My point still stands that 2020 based on age and population was not a vastly unusual year.

We seem to have lost the narrative that everybody dies and I would argue that most people would prefer to live their lives with no restrictions rather than prolong their life for a few more months or years surving but not truly living. My next door neighbours are 80 and have been out of the house once in the past 18 months. They might not have long left so surely better to enjoy the years they have than sit fearfully in the house from a virus that probably won't kill them anyway?
Did your neighbours go out much before Covid?

Marcus Burks made his choice.
That may sound harsh but isn't that what we all do?
Absolutely. We all have a choice. He happens to have been massively unfortunate to have been so adversely affected. Incredibly sad for his family but it wouldn't have made national news if it was a regular occurrence. With or without a vaccine, his chances of dying from the virus were probably well below 1%, probably lower than 0.1%. Unfortunately he has taken that risk and has been the unfortunate one of very few of his age. The comments essentially saying he got what he deserved shows how the Covid cult has truly brainwashed people.

3 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:
7 hours ago, geosname said:
Marcus Burks made his choice.
That may sound harsh but isn't that what we all do?

Absolutely. We all have a choice. He happens to have been massively unfortunate to have been so adversely affected. Incredibly sad for his family but it wouldn't have made national news if it was a regular occurrence. With or without a vaccine, his chances of dying from the virus were probably well below 1%, probably lower than 0.1%. Unfortunately he has taken that risk and has been the unfortunate one of very few of his age. The comments essentially saying he got what he deserved shows how the Covid cult has truly brainwashed people.

If he had been vaccinated would he have been ok? 

Edited by WV