Coronavirus

robf

Advert:

3 hours ago, Doha said:

Oh good, more Alex Belfield youtube videos, excellent fact checked evidence that is very useful to the debate. Said no one ever. 

I didn't offer them as evidence. Just commentary and opinion...... not mine necessarily..... it states at the beginning it's not fact checked..... or did you miss that in your rush to criticise?  

Have any of the incidents been reported main stream?

Don't tell me....... if it's not in the guardian it didn't happen.

Marvellous contribution by the way 555

• Like 2

This letter is a really succinct way of putting across all the sceptic points which never get debated and which I've been trying to get across.  I can't imagine the people to whom the letter is addressed to will bother to read it but at the very least they can't say they weren't warned.  Worth 5 minutes of your time just to fully appreciate the alternative view. 

Advert:

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

Australia and New Zealand have literally lost their minds.  Utterly crazy. 

Literally lol. How is the death toll over there compared to here for example? 

29 minutes ago, geosname said:

When you call in the army to close down a city because of 9 cases you have to question their mental stability.

You dont do answering questions do you? What is the death toll compared to the 130000 deaths here? 

15 minutes ago, WV said:

You dont do answering questions do you? What is the death toll compared to the 130000 deaths here? 

The usual caveats of with or from Covid apply. Let's wait and see what happens when they actually open their borders before you start parading them as a success story? Many scientists believe that it's a ticking time bomb even with vaccine protection. Let's see what the long term damage they will ultimately create by constantly locking down population for a handful of cases.  They've backed themselves into a corner pursuing an insane zero Covid strategy and they'll feel the folly of that decision will come to haunt them.  Your argument using (highly unreliable) death figures alone are so one dimensional it's laughable. 

Have you read that letter I posted earlier?  Whatever you think of the people behind it, it's hard to argue with the points. 

Edited by leedsvaliant

Advert:

Brilliant weekend in north Wales this last weekend.  In spite of masks in shops there were none in pubs, bars or hotels and nobody wearing them.  It was virtually life back to normal. I have noticed a distinct drop in people wearing them in England too.  As I predicted, most people have just followed the crowd and realised we aren't dealing with the plague. Thank God that there only seem to be a few people left that have been brainwashed beyond help. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, geosname said:

When you call in the army to close down a city because of 9 cases you have to question their mental stability.

Presumably he also agrees in the unnecessary slaughter of innocent dogs in order to keep people 'safe' too? There's literally no defence to some of the tactics employed by governments across the world.  People seemingly don't care as long as they 'stay safe '. Pathetic. 

• Like 1

Me and my wife were over in New Zealand when Covid came to everyone's attention and left in October 2020.

Closing their borders and enforcing lockdowns, whilst seeming excessive, was and is absolutely the right thing to do. By the time we left, there had been about 2,000 cases with a tiny 25 deaths. As of today, they still only have 2,992 cases and there has been ONE further death, taking them to 26. 

Initially, the borders were closed to stop the spread because so many tourists visit NZ from China and it was around the time of Lunar New Year, meaning the potential for.

The recent outbreaks in Auckland could very quickly spell major trouble as two thirds of the NZ population live in there.

3 minutes ago, Fozza19 said:

Me and my wife were over in New Zealand when Covid came to everyone's attention and left in October 2020.

Closing their borders and enforcing lockdowns, whilst seeming excessive, was and is absolutely the right thing to do. By the time we left, there had been about 2,000 cases with a tiny 25 deaths. As of today, they still only have 2,992 cases and there has been ONE further death, taking them to 26. 

Initially, the borders were closed to stop the spread because so many tourists visit NZ from China and it was around the time of Lunar New Year, meaning the potential for.

The recent outbreaks in Auckland could very quickly spell major trouble as two thirds of the NZ population live in there.

In the early days, yes. But their continued pursuit of completely eradicating Covid-19 is folly.  Their population, with or without vaccines, has acquired no or very little natural immunity.  They also have a population who are in no immediate rush to get vaccinated as they perceive very little threat.  They also rely massively on tourism and they've virtually closed themselves off from the world.  Long term that is going to lead to huge problems.  

Let's see what happens when they open the borders again before hailing their PM as some kind of genius.  

In the early days, yes. But their continued pursuit of completely eradicating Covid-19 is folly.  Their population, with or without vaccines, has acquired no or very little natural immunity.  They also have a population who are in no immediate rush to get vaccinated as they perceive very little threat.  They also rely massively on tourism and they've virtually closed themselves off from the world.  Long term that is going to lead to huge problems.  
Let's see what happens when they open the borders again before hailing their PM as some kind of genius.  
Surprised world leaders ain't been in touch with you got all the answers and non of the responsibilities

Advert:

1 minute ago, Mario said:
31 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Surprised world leaders ain't been in touch with you got all the answers and non of the responsibilities

I don't profess to be an expert but I do know that there are experts who disagree with the path that has been followed that have not been listened to, deplatformed, trashed and in most cases ignored.  For whatever reasons, governments have copied each other down this hell or high water route and to hell with the consequences. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mario said:
1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

People are allowed opinions aren't they?

I might start telling people that discuss football "surprised the FA haven't contacted you about becoming the next England manager".

• Like 1