Jump to content

Coronavirus


robf

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

It's a relatively expensive shop. I paid over £30 for 2 packs of kids pants and one pack of kids tights today! It is recognised as a middle class shop like waitrose. 

So what would you class as a lower class shop ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


2 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Good to see it was about 70/30 in favour of no masks in Hanley earlier. The only places where it was slightly higher was in what I would call the middle class shops like M and S, which isn't a surprise as this seems to be the demographic with highest virtue signalling tendencies as they've cowered at home living a comfortable life whilst everyone else goes out to work for them. Give it a couple of months and it'll be more like 90/10.

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


3 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Interestingly I've just been reading an article about the fact that scientists still can't agree on how this virus spreads.  Interestingly, the closing line from a professor at oxford university was 

Prof Jefferson said even now we know very little about the ecology of this virus. 

“The only thing the virus seems to obey is Farr’s Law (which states epidemics rise and fall in a symmetrical bell curve),” he said. “I am not convinced the path of the pandemic has much to do with our interventions.”

So basically the interventions were likely pointless and we've caused significant current and future harm for nothing. 

Ooh one quote from one doctor  would you say more or less epidemiologists agree with your view? 

 

Also from your source 

 

https://f1000research.com/articles/10-280/v1

 

So masks do work? You changed your mind now as your own prof disagrees with the rest of your views by the look of it 

Edited by WV
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, WV said:

Ooh one quote from one doctor  would you say more or less epidemiologists agree with your view? 

 

Also from your source 

 

https://f1000research.com/articles/10-280/v1

 

So masks do work? You changed your mind now as your own prof disagrees with the rest of your views by the look of it 

How do you work that one out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4586

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2020/11/24/covid-19-controversial-trial-may-actually-show-that-masks-protect-the-wearer/

 

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/masking-lack-of-evidence-with-politics/

 

Very important to note that your source is not in fact an epidemiologist. Funny how that doesn't matter when you think he agrees with you? 

 

The last link shows that your man says masks do have an effect on transmission. 

 

Next...

Edited by WV
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Good to see it was about 70/30 in favour of no masks in Hanley earlier. The only places where it was slightly higher was in what I would call the middle class shops like M and S, which isn't a surprise as this seems to be the demographic with highest virtue signalling tendencies as they've cowered at home living a comfortable life whilst everyone else goes out to work for them. Give it a couple of months and it'll be more like 90/10.

I would say M&S is mid range, not middle class.

Better quality but at a higher price, or at least it was. A little like Brassingtons,  £200 for a pair of shoes isn't what everyone wants to pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently in Scotland and its more like 99/1 here in favour of masks...yes I know the rules are different but people wear masks where they should. Is it just the English that are dicks? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


7 hours ago, WV said:

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4586

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2020/11/24/covid-19-controversial-trial-may-actually-show-that-masks-protect-the-wearer/

 

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/masking-lack-of-evidence-with-politics/

 

Very important to note that your source is not in fact an epidemiologist. Funny how that doesn't matter when you think he agrees with you? 

 

The last link shows that your man says masks do have an effect on transmission. 

 

Next...

So he believes in masks...fine.  I was using his point that not much action we have taken has made any difference, just like you are doing by cherry picking the above articles.  Each scientist has their own opinions. He's not 'my man' either. 

It goes to show though that very little debate has been had from both sides of the argument. 

 

Edited by leedsvaliant
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WV said:

I'm currently in Scotland and its more like 99/1 here in favour of masks...yes I know the rules are different but people wear masks where they should. Is it just the English that are dicks? 

It's still law there.  It was like that in England on July 18th. You can bet your life that if it wasn't then Scotland would be like Hanley. People aren't dicks for not wearing masks, they just realise they make very little difference and are pseudo science and a placebo. 

Edited by leedsvaliant
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WV said:

I'm currently in Scotland and its more like 99/1 here in favour of masks...yes I know the rules are different but people wear masks where they should. Is it just the English that are dicks? 

99% of people have been wearing masks here for years, long before covid, doesn't seem to be helping with the virus much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

It's still law there.  It was like that in England on July 18th. You can bet your life that if it wasn't then Scotland would be like Hanley. People aren't dicks for not wearing masks, they just realise they make very little difference and are pseudo science and a placebo. 

The only maskless people I've seen in Edinburgh were English lads in the train station.  I am here until the end of the week ill see what changes here tomorrow. I wouldn't have thought too much based on what locals have been saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


What happened to the 1200 experts who wrote a letter to the Lancet imploring the government not to open up on July 19th? They've gone mysteriously quiet.  Weren't the hospitals supposed to be overwhelmed by now?  Tommy Tunstall has gone very quiet since he proclaimed that the whole thing would be a disaster. 

It's amazing how these people go quiet when they are proved wrong. 3 weeks since opening and not even a murmur in the statistics.  Isn't that unexpected? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...