Jump to content

  • OVF player sponsorship 2022

    £10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Coronavirus


robf

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

For a virus with a 99.5% overall survival rate already?

Where is the 'proof' that it does this? 

There isn't enough data to back up statements like this.

These vaccines are untested, and still in trial periods until 2023.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04516746 

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04368728

Yep.  My overall chance of dying, late 30s, reasonably healthy would be 0.006% according to the calculator provided by Oxford university.  Even a 60 year old you're probably looking at 0.05%. More chance of dying in a car crash.  For me there's more chance of being eaten by a lion.  That's without vaccines. Even those 90+ were more likely to die from dementia or heart disease.  Chris Whitty said at the beginning that most people would be absolutely fine and many would not catch it or have existing immunity.  Governments panicked because we started testing very old, ill people and everybody else, who then went into the Covid figures when they eventually died.  When you get past 80, you ain't going to live much longer anyway I'm afraid.  That's life. 

The failure of people to comprehend risk is one of the most insane parts of this whole charade.  People literally have not got a clue, including our MP who when faced with information admitted he didn't have a clue!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


2 hours ago, eh up nah said:

It could be.

Somethings working though.

I was merely pointing out that unlocking has not proven to be the apocalyptic disaster that some were saying.

100,000 'cases ' a day now shouldn't we be at? The people who made these predictions should be publicly shamed but I'm more disappointed in politicians who listened to them AGAIN and also the journalists who fail to ask these people questions like 'why have you got it so wrong AGAIN ?' That extra four weeks has probably closed many more businesses and ruined many more lives.  Idiots. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 01/08/2021 at 10:28, WV said:

20000+ each year? Can you show me how many years we have had 20000 plus flu deaths please? Not saying i don't believe you but you do have a habit of lying when it comes to stats in this thread. 

I've never lied about stats, they were always genuine.  Just because they don't fit your argument is a different matter. You'll note from the flu deaths that 3 of the last 5 years have been pretty low, so in 2020 with a new virus thrown into the mix you get the dry tinder effect, whereby many old or sick people who didn't succumb in previous flu seasons sadly lined up for the perfect storm in 2020. The last 5 years before 2020 were also historically low all cause mortality year, so when looking at excess deaths compared to the 5 year average, 2020 is going to look worse. There were actually worse years for excess deaths per 100,000 population in several years in the early 2000s compared to 2020 but of course laurel and hardy and the BBC won't tell you that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


5 minutes ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

5.92m cases in nearly 2 years, less than 10% of the population,  yet this is the virus that was sold as the end of mankind 

Just saying 

 

You do realise that thing such as lockdowns have stopped it from being much worse? Nearly 6m cases is a very large amount as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WV said:

The numbers have already been devastating. We still have more cases per day than the whole of Europe combined but yeah we have done everything brilliantly 

Behave mate.

200,000 cases per day you were quaking about 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Not if you and the people around you take the appropriate measures you won’t. If the people you go out with don’t have it and act responsibly then you won’t get it. 

It's not that simple I'm afraid no amount of voodoo magic from masks or perspex screens are going to stop you getting it.  Some of the most ultra cautious people I know have caught it.  I'm afraid this placebo crap is only to give people the reassurance that the government are doing 'something ' even if that something is completely useless. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

5.92m cases in nearly 2 years, less than 10% of the population,  yet this is the virus that was sold as the end of mankind 

Just saying 

 

It certainly was the end for over 129000 in this country including users of this forum. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


12 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

You do realise that thing such as lockdowns have stopped it from being much worse? Nearly 6m cases is a very large amount as well 

The fact lockdown worked (albeit too late) will mean people think we didn't need it. Its a shame so many people lack critical thinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, WV said:

It certainly was the end for over 129000 in this country including users of this forum. 

 

 

There's a separate debate to be had about the actual figure, which I believe will be massively rounded down in future years.  I hate to break it to you, sad as it is, but people die, all people die.  It's as though we seem to have forgotten this fact and no one wants to have a grown up conversation about it but wants to use it as emotional baggage in any argument. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

There's a separate debate to be had about the actual figure, which I believe will be massively rounded down in future years.  I hate to break it to you, sad as it is, but people die, all people die.  It's as though we seem to have forgotten this fact and no one wants to have a grown up conversation about it but wants to use it as emotional baggage in any argument. 

You are twisted, approaching 130000 deaths but it means nothing to you. Then there are people suffering severe ly and people still having to shield but in LVs I’m alright Jack world, it’s absolutely nothing and everything has been blown up out of all proportion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

You are twisted, approaching 130000 deaths but it means nothing to you. Then there are people suffering severe ly and people still having to shield but in LVs I’m alright Jack world, it’s absolutely nothing and everything has been blown up out of all proportion 

1600 deaths every day.  10,000 per week, 600,000 per year.  Don't you care about people dying from other things because of the impacts of this madness?  Of course you don't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

You are twisted, approaching 130000 deaths but it means nothing to you. Then there are people suffering severe ly and people still having to shield but in LVs I’m alright Jack world, it’s absolutely nothing and everything has been blown up out of all proportion 

It's nearly impossible to know exactly how many people have died as a direct result of COVID.

There is a momentous difference between dying from COVID and dying with COVID.

It even says on the Government website "Deaths within 28 days of positive test". It's literally hidden in plain sight.

If I have a positive COVID test, recover, then 28 days later have a heart attack, I would be recorded as a "COVID death".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

1600 deaths every day.  10,000 per week, 600,000 per year.  Don't you care about people dying from other things because of the impacts of this madness?  Of course you don't. 

Stop posting this. Just because people die from other things Dosent mean a new virus that has killed nearly 130000 shouldn’t be prioritised. I new virus, nobody knew just how deadly it could be and judging by the first few months it was horrific. I know because you don’t think it’s been deadly we should have just done nothing and let even more die, and many more would have died if not for lockdown, hospitals were over run as it was Nevermind if lockdown didn’t take place. Of course everyone cares about other deaths what an odd thing to say. But that Dosent mean a new virus proven to kill people shouldn’t be prioritised! The issue that you ignore is that this virus was contagious and many other illnesses are not hence why it was treated so seriously. The focus on covid was right at the time, I do agree that now and for quite some time hospitals do need to amend that focus as cancer patients are having surgery postponed  

 

14 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

It's nearly impossible to know exactly how many people have died as a direct result of COVID.

There is a momentous difference between dying from COVID and dying with COVID.

It even says on the Government website "Deaths within 28 days of positive test". It's literally hidden in plain sight.

If I have a positive COVID test, recover, then 28 days later have a heart attack, I would be recorded as a "COVID death".

Really don’t like this argument. LV has been saying loads of people die every year from flu. Now is that actually from flu or did they just have flu and they actually died from something else? The point is that flu would have contributed and so does covid. I know people that died from covid - nothing else. I also know of someone who died  from heart problems and covid was put on the records. But there’s no question it contributed. It’s the same for flu they may not die specifically from flu but it certainly contributes. 
 

13 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

It's not that simple I'm afraid no amount of voodoo magic from masks or perspex screens are going to stop you getting it.  Some of the most ultra cautious people I know have caught it.  I'm afraid this placebo crap is only to give people the reassurance that the government are doing 'something ' even if that something is completely useless. 

Disagree. Facts are social distancing did reduce cases. If you and those around you take the necessary precautions then you won’t catch it. I’m happy wearing my mask thanks whether you think it’s voodoo or some other rubbish. I’ll continue to meet with people I associate with and know take similar precautions. We had a large family / friend gathering recently (around 20) all took correct precautions, nobody had covid and nobody has had it as a result. For me and my wife working from home I don’t think there is high a chance of us catching it as we are not mixing with others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

It's nearly impossible to know exactly how many people have died as a direct result of COVID.

There is a momentous difference between dying from COVID and dying with COVID.

It even says on the Government website "Deaths within 28 days of positive test". It's literally hidden in plain sight.

If I have a positive COVID test, recover, then 28 days later have a heart attack, I would be recorded as a "COVID death".

The only comparison  I  will take note of is the total deaths in 2020 compared to previous years.  Johnson`s mob or his replacement  will attempt to massage the figures to reduce the blame on him. Without doing PMs in the middle of a pandemic accurate figures would  be elusive.   Is  anyone counting deaths due to Covid beyond 28 days.  The main point of the figures is to show the trend, the scale of the disaster is in the total deaths which tends not to be published very often.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...