Coronavirus

robf

9 minutes ago, Mario said:

Soaring cases. Highest death toll in Europe. Worst-hit major economy. Businesses closing. A million kids off school last week. Millions to self-isolate. Boris Johnson let a new variant in and is causing mass confusion on public health advice. Heading for a summer of chaos.

This track and trace isolation is stupid 

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

So by that logic, people who don't have the flu jab have been putting people at risk for years.  Remember, this vaccine doesn't stop you getting it or passing it on. In fact, you could well be spreading it even as someone who is double jabbed. It has no long term testing data. People are well within their rights to be wary of it and excluding them from parts of society is akin to the Jews being excluded from society because they believed in Judaism.  

It's only a yellow star, it's only a ghetto, it's only a shower.....you know the rest. 

Why do you twist everything to your LV way. Would you be happy with your child’s primary teacher being unvaxed, Bar staff and restaurant staff spreading it. They did have a choice. COVID is much more sinister and deadly than flu.

• Like 1

There's a huge difference between encouragement, which is fine, and coercion, which is not.  Dictators force people to do things otherwise they are excluded from society (or parts of), this is no different.  Choosing to not have a private medical intervention should never exclude people from society, even if the intention is well meaning.  It leads us down a very sinister path. 

So society does not have a right to be protected from transferable diseases especially deathly or lengthy sicknesses?  People were encouraged to wear seat belts but eventually it became compulsory.  People still die and get injured but the reduction in deaths and injuries outweighs the disadvantages.   Dictators can be excluded from society, diseases can be more difficult.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mario said:

Would Corbyn and Co have done any better ? emoji848.png

In answer to a hypothetical question it would have been likely that Corbyn would have had a minority government. To deal with a pandemic of this scale. as  with wartime a National Government would have been formed.   Thus we would not have been governed by a clown and a bunch of nodding donkeys feathering their mates` nests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

Why do you twist everything to your LV way. Would you be happy with your child’s primary teacher being unvaxed, Bar staff and restaurant staff spreading it. They did have a choice. COVID is much more sinister and deadly than flu.

More than happy.  Children have pretty much no chance of dying or becoming ill. I agree that Covid is more deadly than flu, but never the less, flu still kills people in the tens of thousands and may have been transmitted to the unfortunate victim by someone who could have had the flu jab but didn't. 

Also, if I am vaccinated and all my family are, then why should I care about those who choose not to be vaccinated?  This is as good as it's going to get and if vaccinated and non vaccinated still spread it then I'm happy to take the minute risk that myself or one of my family become seriously ill with it.  We're talking 0.006% of a chance...I wouldn't take those odds in the bookies. 

You need to understand that life is always a risk from the moment you walk out of the front door.  Hiding away from the minute chance of something bad happening to you makes life pointless. 

I think you've got a poor understanding of the risks involved and you also believe that only the unvaccinated spread the virus, which is fundamentally wrong. 

Edited by leedsvaliant
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

So society does not have a right to be protected from transferable diseases especially deathly or lengthy sicknesses?  People were encouraged to wear seat belts but eventually it became compulsory.  People still die and get injured but the reduction in deaths and injuries outweighs the disadvantages.   Dictators can be excluded from society, diseases can be more difficult.

Society is protected as much as possible now though, that's the point! Seatbelts is a poor analogy as it's a clear and logical step to help save lives, whereas a vaccine that actually isn't a vaccine and a highly untested one at that should be up to personal choice. 

40 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Society is protected as much as possible now though, that's the point! Seatbelts is a poor analogy as it's a clear and logical step to help save lives, whereas a vaccine that actually isn't a vaccine and a highly untested one at that should be up to personal choice. 

Seat belts took about 20 years to make compulsory,  there was lots of opposition.  Medicines can take 10 or more years  to properly test, the current vaccines have emergency  medical approval due to the urgency of the pandemic. 

More than happy.  Children have pretty much no chance of dying or becoming ill. I agree that Covid is more deadly than flu, but never the less, flu still kills people in the tens of thousands and may have been transmitted to the unfortunate victim by someone who could have had the flu jab but didn't. 

Also, if I am vaccinated and all my family are, then why should I care about those who choose not to be vaccinated?  This is as good as it's going to get and if vaccinated and non vaccinated still spread it then I'm happy to take the minute risk that myself or one of my family become seriously ill with it.  We're talking 0.006% of a chance...I wouldn't take those odds in the bookies. 

You need to understand that life is always a risk from the moment you walk out of the front door.  Hiding away from the minute chance of something bad happening to you makes life pointless. 

I think you've got a poor understanding of the risks involved and you also believe that only the unvaccinated spread the virus, which is fundamentally wrong. 

You are correct I have a poor understanding of the risks. So therefore I follow the experts like Scientist, doctors etc, these are the experts, unlike the drivel you post from Jackanory

25 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

You are correct I have a poor understanding of the risks. So therefore I follow the experts like Scientist, doctors etc, these are the experts, unlike the drivel you post from Jackanory

You follow government scientists you mean?  Or the psychologists on SAGE?  There are many experts who disagree with the way this has been handled.  The government is terrified of being blamed and they've been spooked (several times) by wildly inaccurate predictions. 

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Seat belts took about 20 years to make compulsory,  there was lots of opposition.  Medicines can take 10 or more years  to properly test, the current vaccines have emergency  medical approval due to the urgency of the pandemic. 

Which kind of proves my point.  They've been thrown together in an emergency situation with no long term safety data.  Other public safety aspects are usually tested and considered over several years, with strict analysis. I believe they are safe, but you can understand those that don't or who are hesitant, particularly when you are young and are at sugnificantly more chance of dying from an adverse reaction to the jab than you are from Covid.  

It isn`t just young people who are getting it, a mate of mine in his 50s slim and fit, who had covid in November and has had both jabs, has been very rough all week with this latest variant, which we allowed in from India.

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

Cheshire East report that positive cases among those aged 18to30 and who remain un-vaccinated have trebled in the last 3 weeks, a serious development in any ones book.

Virtually none of them will die or be hospitalised. Some may have a bad cold, some no symptoms at all.  The obsession with cases is bonkers. 

13 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

I understand that. But depending on their lifestyle they will be putting other people at risk. If that’s their choice then they cannot expect to work in the NHS, Care homes, public transport etc. Why should I have to sit next to someone who is prone to spreading the disease.

The only way to avoid sitting or standing next to someone prone to spreading covid is to completely self isolate, solitary confinement. That would be your choice.

• Like 1