Coronavirus

robf

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

That article is so full of contradictions I don't even know where to start.  On the one hand he says that people are much less sick and so there is less need for intensive care and then in the next breath he is talking about needing more CPAP. Which one is it?

He also tellingly touches on what could really cause the issues, the fact that all of these restrictions have led to less interactions and therefore now people are catching things.  The irony is that we may have a record year of flu deaths this year because of the actions of trying to save the same people from covid deaths. 

He also touches on staff constantly self isolating and the fact that wards have to be separated thus reducing the number of beds. 

It all leads to an impending disaster over winter because we've basically shut off our immune systems (which have seen us survive through millennia) all for the prevention of one disease.  Utterly, utterly crazy. 

If I was him, I'd be furious with the government for taking these actions because some modellers got it massively wrong and now the NHS has to mop up others exasperated illnesses and an insurmountable backlog of other missed treatments, many of whom will die before they receive it.  The reaction of governments around the world has literally been to think about today and sod tomorrow.  

Edited by leedsvaliant

11 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

Get a hose pipe and turn the water on. Look at how far the water travels. Then hold a colander in front of the hose, watch how far the same amount of water travels. Now imagine the colander is a mask and the water is the aerosols in your breath. Masks reduce the spread, its primary school level science. They don't stop the spread but significantly reduce it.

All of the talk about masks not reducing the spread that came from scientists was from when they though the main vessel of transmission was touch, they have since realised that it is mainly transmitted through aerosols.

If you want to believe the rubbish you spout feel free but please stop trying to force your ideas on to others.

You should probably read this: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/17/covid-misinformation-conspiracy-theories-ccdh-report
I'm pretty sure most of your information comes from these sources discussed in the article.

This Dr views that theory very differently. And uses an analogy to imagine marbles fired at builders' scaffolding, some might hit a pole and rebound, but obviously most will fly through.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/07/17/cloth-face-masks-comfort-blankets-do-little-curb-covid-spread/

As you mentioned, it's been concluded that COVID doesn't spread through touch, but bars/shops still require customers to use hand sanitisers etc to give the illusion of safety, similar to masks.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Please.  The Guardian has become the ultimate in bedwetting material over the past year and that comes from a former reader. 

I don't recognise any of the people in that article and don't get my information from Facebook. 

I suppose information coming from professors and doctors at some of the world's leading universities are spouting rubbish now are they?  Typical and usual comment, decry the man with a different opinion he must be mad and spouting rubbish because he doesn't agree with the Guardian or the government psychologists! They've done a good job on you, it will take you a while to realise the massive cock up that's gone on here, but when you do you'll probably say you always thought it was a load of rubbish. 

Dismissing an article that debunks all of your conspiracy theories just because its in the guardian. You don't have the support you think you do on here, potentially one other poster and another who claims the vaccine doesn't work. Id rather trust an article in the guardian than your Facebook and YouTube research lol. Still waiting for you to reveal any of your sources, its always just oh my mate who is very high up in the medical world. Get real, noone that high up in the medical world is going to be hanging around with a conspiracy nut, it's not good for business. I bet your mate is the toilet cleaner or maintainance man. I'm done engaging with you you're bringing my IQ down. 

30 minutes ago, WV said:

Dismissing an article that debunks all of your conspiracy theories just because its in the guardian. You don't have the support you think you do on here, potentially one other poster and another who claims the vaccine doesn't work. Id rather trust an article in the guardian than your Facebook and YouTube research lol. Still waiting for you to reveal any of your sources, its always just oh my mate who is very high up in the medical world. Get real, noone that high up in the medical world is going to be hanging around with a conspiracy nut, it's not good for business. I bet your mate is the toilet cleaner or maintainance man. I'm done engaging with you you're bringing my IQ down. 

You clearly haven't read the Guardian article. It mentions Robert Kennedy and some other people off Facebook. It doesn't debunk anything. I don't get any information from Facebook or YouTube unless it is a video of someone with the necessary credentials. I don't buy into the Bill Gates or great reset nonsense.  I do buy onto panic, followed by incompetence, followed by hugely inaccurate models, followed by covering backsides because of the vast money spent and lives ruined.  I know one person who is high up in the local medical arena but that was just one example that I've literally mentioned once.  I presume you'll ignore the article in the telegraph slating masks because it's not the paradigm of virtue that is the guardian?  

The tide is starting to turn no matter how much you don't like it.  Speak to people, look at message boards, newspaper comments, people have started to twig that they've been sold a pup but because they've invested themselves in keeping 'safe' over the last 16 months, they wouldn't dare admit it, ever. Even Boris said that only 4% of the people in hospital were below the age of 60 and average age of death was over the life expectancy....even the grand high idiot was thinking 'what on earth are we doing? '

You're bringing my IQ down by literally not questioning any of the insane actions that have been bestowed upon us.  I'm genuinely scared that we'll never get out of this.  We'll always have the prospect of being locked down hanging over us, or having to isolate for 10 days at any time due to a very dubious testing regime.  Is that a world you want to live in? Scrap it all now, testing, track and trace, isolating, masks, hand gunk. It's beyond crazy and I can't believe people don't see it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

That article is so full of contradictions I don't even know where to start.  On the one hand he says that people are much less sick and so there is less need for intensive care and then in the next breath he is talking about needing more CPAP. Which one is it?

He also tellingly touches on what could really cause the issues, the fact that all of these restrictions have led to less interactions and therefore now people are catching things.  The irony is that we may have a record year of flu deaths this year because of the actions of trying to save the same people from covid deaths. 

He also touches on staff constantly self isolating and the fact that wards have to be separated thus reducing the number of beds. 

It all leads to an impending disaster over winter because we've basically shut off our immune systems (which have seen us survive through millennia) all for the prevention of one disease.  Utterly, utterly crazy. 

If I was him, I'd be furious with the government for taking these actions because some modellers got it massively wrong and now the NHS has to mop up others exasperated illnesses and an insurmountable backlog of other missed treatments, many of whom will die before they receive it.  The reaction of governments around the world has literally been to think about today and sod tomorrow.  

Of course it is full of contradictions, the unknown is never simple, cause and effects are often trial and error. The point is the escalating load upon the NHS. The current chaos with isolating and mask wearing is a consequence of a stumbling government and backbenchers pulling different ways.  Governments only worry about seats and their pockets, tomorrow is somebody else`s problem.

UK records 46,558 new Covid cases and 96 deaths, highest number deaths since March and still some say ignore it.
Every case in hospital takes up a critical care bed and delays operations yet Leeds valiant can't see the problem oh well buckle up gonna be a bumpy ride

2 minutes ago, Mario said:

UK records 46,558 new Covid cases and 96 deaths, highest number deaths since March and still some say ignore it.
Every case in hospital takes up a critical care bed and delays operations yet Leeds valiant can't see the problem oh well buckle up gonna be a bumpy ride

Fortunately everyone is not of same mind as LV, and his constant sniping don’t worry it’s only like a cold. 

Todaysfigures are frightening but not unexpected, wait till the cases start to mount in the nightclubs. Unfortunately looks like our PM has thrown the towel in.

2 hours ago, Mario said:

'With', 'of'? Age? Comorbidities?  Tested positive before or after entry into hospital?  It's also 96 deaths that have happened over a few days out of 1600 every day, as is always the case, especially on a Tuesday.

Until context is given how do we know?  The testing is out of control and is contributing to this scaremongering. 

Not just me that says this by the way. 

10 hours ago, Mario said:

I suppose you're in favour of the North Korean style social credit system looking to be introduced at the end of September then (which in turn will end a well established basic human right of bodily autonomy)? I'm having my second vaccine tomorrow by the way, before you call me an anti-vaxxer. I'm also assuming that you're still participating in the theatre of wearing a cotton facemask in a well ventilated supermarket despite there being no legal reason to do so, despite the number of "cases" now exceeding 5,000,000 since they were mandated 12 months ago? 

The figures are not "frightened". The ratio of cases amongst the elderly to younger demographics has expanded massively since the winter peaks. Look at the stats in the North East if you need reassuring. Hospitalisations with Covid are at 20% the winter peak, yet positive tests are nearly twice as high as back then. Vaccines are mitigating enough. Life can't be lived without risk. It's time to accept the consequences of Covid, which are far less low than they were last year. This is the exit wave. Its better to experience this now than in the winter. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AMF said:

I suppose you're in favour of the North Korean style social credit system looking to be introduced at the end of September then (which in turn will end a well established basic human right of bodily autonomy)? I'm having my second vaccine tomorrow by the way, before you call me an anti-vaxxer. I'm also assuming that you're still participating in the theatre of wearing a cotton facemask in a well ventilated supermarket despite there being no legal reason to do so, despite the number of "cases" now exceeding 5,000,000 since they were mandated 12 months ago? 

The figures are not "frightened". The ratio of cases amongst the elderly to younger demographics has expanded massively since the winter peaks. Look at the stats in the North East if you need reassuring. Hospitalisations with Covid are at 20% the winter peak, yet positive tests are nearly twice as high as back then. Vaccines are mitigating enough. Life can't be lived without risk. It's time to accept the consequences of Covid, which are far less low than they were last year. This is the exit wave. Its better to experience this now than in the winter. 

What’s this North Korean social credit system ??

1 hour ago, AMF said:

Great post. I am also too having my second vaccine next week but I vehemently defend those people who choose not to.  Medical intervention is a personal choice and the coercion going on is akin to a dictatorship.  Nobody will see it until it's too late. 

• Like 1

On 19/07/2021 at 20:53, valeparklife said:

You are correct, the deaths last year are very dubious.

Public Health England changed their definition of what constituted a COVID death in August 2020:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/916035/RA_Technical_Summary_-_PHE_Data_Series_COVID_19_Deaths_20200812.pdf

This information is freely available on the Government website, it's a well known fact that the COVID death toll used to include all deaths in people who had a positive test, regardless of whether their death was 'caused' by COVID or not. 

Correlation doesn't always equal causation.

Why would the measurement barometer last year be 'deaths', and all of a sudden they're measuring using 'cases' now?

They always go with the highest number available.

3 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Great post. I am also too having my second vaccine next week but I vehemently defend those people who choose not to.  Medical intervention is a personal choice and the coercion going on is akin to a dictatorship.  Nobody will see it until it's too late. 

I understand that. But depending on their lifestyle they will be putting other people at risk. If that’s their choice then they cannot expect to work in the NHS, Care homes, public transport etc. Why should I have to sit next to someone who is prone to spreading the disease.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, For Us All said:

They always go with the highest number available.

The only numbers that can be believed are the annual total deaths, variations will happen, the long term trend can go either way. Excessive increases usually have a cause and can consequentially    reduce the number of deaths in succeeding years.   Big numbers are good for headlines, beloved by politicians.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Yeah, out of everything that the government is doing, the encouragement of people to be vaccinated is probably the one people will associate most with dictator-like behaviour, that sounds about right...

1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

I understand that. But depending on their lifestyle they will be putting other people at risk. If that’s their choice then they cannot expect to work in the NHS, Care homes, public transport etc. Why should I have to sit next to someone who is prone to spreading the disease.

So by that logic, people who don't have the flu jab have been putting people at risk for years.  Remember, this vaccine doesn't stop you getting it or passing it on. In fact, you could well be spreading it even as someone who is double jabbed. It has no long term testing data. People are well within their rights to be wary of it and excluding them from parts of society is akin to the Jews being excluded from society because they believed in Judaism.  

It's only a yellow star, it's only a ghetto, it's only a shower.....you know the rest. 

1 hour ago, The_godfather said:

Yeah, out of everything that the government is doing, the encouragement of people to be vaccinated is probably the one people will associate most with dictator-like behaviour, that sounds about right...

There's a huge difference between encouragement, which is fine, and coercion, which is not.  Dictators force people to do things otherwise they are excluded from society (or parts of), this is no different.  Choosing to not have a private medical intervention should never exclude people from society, even if the intention is well meaning.  It leads us down a very sinister path. 

• Thanks 1

Soaring cases. Highest death toll in Europe. Worst-hit major economy. Businesses closing. A million kids off school last week. Millions to self-isolate. Boris Johnson let a new variant in and is causing mass confusion on public health advice. Heading for a summer of chaos.