Coronavirus

robf

8 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

How does Boris manage to literally get every decision so wrong?

"Inject an untested drug into your body that doesn't actually do anything, or you can't live your life".

Does not do anything ?? 
i dont need say anything else 🙈

12 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

Does not do anything ?? 
i dont need say anything else 🙈

The vaccine doesn't do anything, yes that's correct.

You can still catch COVID ✔

You can still transmit COVID ✔

You can still have COVID symptoms ✔

All facts.

So what does it do?

3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

The vaccine doesn't do anything, yes that's correct.

You can still catch COVID ✔

You can still transmit COVID ✔

You can still have COVID symptoms ✔

All facts.

So what does it do?

Gives you a 95% chance of not becoming sick enough to require hospital?

Or dying?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Gives you a 95% chance of not becoming sick enough to require hospital?

Or dying?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-60-of-people-being-admitted-to-hospital-with-coronavirus-have-been-double-jabbed-says-vallance-12359317

60% of people that have had this vaccine are being admitted to hospital though?

People that are so ill that they require serious medical assistance.

So your argument is easily refutable?

Just now, valeparklife said:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-60-of-people-being-admitted-to-hospital-with-coronavirus-have-been-double-jabbed-says-vallance-12359317

Wow are you for real 

either the vaccine is stopping deaths or the deaths last year are <ovf censored> 

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Even that article states they are very, very effective.

The reason the percentage is up to 60% of admissions is because so many people have been vaccinated.

It isn't 100% but it is about 95% effective.

Not bad odds eh?

Particularly when you're talking about a virus that 90 odd percent of people who caught it before the vaccine got over it.

Just now, sunny boslem said:

Wow are you for real 

either the vaccine is stopping deaths or the deaths last year are <ovf censored> 

You are correct, the deaths last year are very dubious.

Public Health England changed their definition of what constituted a COVID death in August 2020:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/916035/RA_Technical_Summary_-_PHE_Data_Series_COVID_19_Deaths_20200812.pdf

This information is freely available on the Government website, it's a well known fact that the COVID death toll used to include all deaths in people who had a positive test, regardless of whether their death was 'caused' by COVID or not. 

Correlation doesn't always equal causation.

Why would the measurement barometer last year be 'deaths', and all of a sudden they're measuring using 'cases' now?

17 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Even that article states they are very, very effective.

The reason the percentage is up to 60% of admissions is because so many people have been vaccinated.

It isn't 100% but it is about 95% effective.

Not bad odds eh?

Particularly when you're talking about a virus that 90 odd percent of people who caught it before the vaccine got over it.

But anyone can write words on a page, just because an article 'states' they are very effective, doesn't mean to say that's the reality?

You can still catch COVID, you can still transmit COVID, and as the data shows, you can still have symptoms so severe that many are being hospitalised.

Which is why I don't understand what the vaccine actually does?

I'm glad that the tide is turning and people are finally seeing this for what it is. 

3 weeks to flatten the curve

Back to normal by Easter 

Do this now to save Christmas 

Back to normal by spring 

Once all the vulnerable have been jabbed we'll be back to normal 

Once everyone has had one jab we'll be back to normal 

Once everyone has had both jabs we'll be back to normal 

We'll wait this winter out before we get rid of everything 

You can see the pattern....

I was pretty much a lone voice on here for months whilst people vilified me, called me selfish, told me I was a conspiracy theorist, told me I was listening to the wrong people, told me I was a far right nutter.  At what point will these people wake up?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

I'm glad that the tide is turning and people are finally seeing this for what it is. 

3 weeks to flatten the curve

Back to normal by Easter 

Do this now to save Christmas 

Back to normal by spring 

Once all the vulnerable have been jabbed we'll be back to normal 

Once everyone has had one jab we'll be back to normal 

Once everyone has had both jabs we'll be back to normal 

We'll wait this winter out before we get rid of everything 

You can see the pattern....

I was pretty much a lone voice on here for months whilst people vilified me, called me selfish, told me I was a conspiracy theorist, told me I was listening to the wrong people, told me I was a far right nutter.  At what point will these people wake up?  

When will you wake up out of your La La land, we are heading for many more hospitalisations, potentially 200k cases a day.

Commuters still wearing masks, most people still working from home, and most of the population still extremely concerned. We will wait this out this winter? You may not be a lone voice, but you are in a minority 

The virtue signalling is strong in Vegas! Most people just listen to what they are told and follow.  If people really looked into the effectiveness of masks, they wouldn't bother.  Once a few people drop them, they will go off a cliff edge as people feel emboldened.  
Get a hose pipe and turn the water on. Look at how far the water travels. Then hold a colander in front of the hose, watch how far the same amount of water travels. Now imagine the colander is a mask and the water is the aerosols in your breath. Masks reduce the spread, its primary school level science. They don't stop the spread but significantly reduce it.

All of the talk about masks not reducing the spread that came from scientists was from when they though the main vessel of transmission was touch, they have since realised that it is mainly transmitted through aerosols.

If you want to believe the rubbish you spout feel free but please stop trying to force your ideas on to others.

You should probably read this: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/17/covid-misinformation-conspiracy-theories-ccdh-report
I'm pretty sure most of your information comes from these sources discussed in the article.
  • Like 1

The immune system is a complex system that recognizes and fights off harmful viruses/bacteria/foreign protein etc (Generically known as antigens) so they don't cause harmful disease.

Part of the response when the immune system encounters a virus  is to generate specific antibodies to that virus. These antibodies track down the virus, binds to it and the immune system then kills and eliminates the antibody-virus (Antigen) complex and hence in most cases prevents severe disease. There is usually a delay of ca 4-7 days before the immune response starts to take effect.

These specific antibodies and other parts of that specific immune response now remain in the body after the initial virus has been eliminated hence the immune system is now  primed if it encounters the same virus (Antigen) again and can eliminate it quicker further reducing the probability of severe disease.

A vaccine to a virus contains a "Dead form of the virus" or a significant "Part" of the virus that cannot cause serious disease but can generate an immune response and produce antibodies etc. So in someone who's taken the vaccine the immune system is primed so if it encounters the same virus the immune system can start work immediately and more ably prevent serious disease/death and kill the virus.

Someone double vaccinated can still be infected by the virus and transmit it until it's eliminated as the vaccines don't prevent transmission, although the amount/load of virus transmitted should be lower.

Someone asymptomatic can still spread the virus as some people do not develop symptoms or could be pre-symptomatic hence why IMHO testing is  still important.

Also the vaccine will significantly prevent most people from getting serious disease or dying but it won't protect all, hence why drugs are required to back up the vaccines.

IMHO there are now sufficient tools to fight this virus and the UK needs to get it's economy going, people should make their own decisions what they are or are not comfortable with doing or going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Get a hose pipe and turn the water on. Look at how far the water travels. Then hold a colander in front of the hose, watch how far the same amount of water travels. Now imagine the colander is a mask and the water is the aerosols in your breath. Masks reduce the spread, its primary school level science. They don't stop the spread but significantly reduce it.

All of the talk about masks not reducing the spread that came from scientists was from when they though the main vessel of transmission was touch, they have since realised that it is mainly transmitted through aerosols.

If you want to believe the rubbish you spout feel free but please stop trying to force your ideas on to others.

You should probably read this: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/17/covid-misinformation-conspiracy-theories-ccdh-report
I'm pretty sure most of your information comes from these sources discussed in the article.

Please.  The Guardian has become the ultimate in bedwetting material over the past year and that comes from a former reader. 

I don't recognise any of the people in that article and don't get my information from Facebook. 

I suppose information coming from professors and doctors at some of the world's leading universities are spouting rubbish now are they?  Typical and usual comment, decry the man with a different opinion he must be mad and spouting rubbish because he doesn't agree with the Guardian or the government psychologists! They've done a good job on you, it will take you a while to realise the massive cock up that's gone on here, but when you do you'll probably say you always thought it was a load of rubbish. 

Edited by leedsvaliant

1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

When will you wake up out of your La La land, we are heading for many more hospitalisations, potentially 200k cases a day.

Commuters still wearing masks, most people still working from home, and most of the population still extremely concerned. We will wait this out this winter? You may not be a lone voice, but you are in a minority 

Not 200k cases a day of what now resembles in the majority a cold? Whatever will we do?  Quick, let's hide under our beds again but don't worry the government will pay our wages again whilst we sunbathe and landscape the garden while we get our food delivered.  

Look at the comments sections on many newspapers or social media.  You'll find I'm not in the minority anymore.  More and more people are realising the monumental over reaction but there are also many who will never admit that they were wrong. 

I feel sorry for you that you have become so scared and have swallowed the propoganda hook, line and sinker.