Coronavirus

robf

Im all in favour of statistics provided they are accurate, not fogged with generality or leaned on to create.

The reported death rate, by the BBC, gives three figures.

1 deaths within 28 days of testing. 

2 covid on the death certificate.

3 deaths over and above usual number.

None of which give an accurate number of deaths caused by the virus or the virus was a contributing factor.

There is a 14,000 difference between 1 & 3, a 31,000 difference between 2 & 3, and  a 24,000 difference between 1 & 2.

The average daily death rate is 40 over 7 days, over the same 7 days the average death rate from cancer was 400.

The new cases reported yesterday was just over 40,000 but with no reference to how many tests were conducted or how many positives were jabbed.

88% of adults have had 1 jab, 68% have had 2.

Over 33% of Londoners have not had a jab

All reported by the BBC. 

Advert:

26 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

No real expertise in this area apart from a lot of reading.  As with anybody including politicians, I rely on experts in these areas to inform me of what and why.  Mainly epidemiology or health experts and not the bunch of psychologists on SAGE.  You also don't need to be an expert to look at statistics and make a judgement. 

I agree. One of my key sources is a friend who is a former Regional Director of Public Health and Associate Director of Public Health in the Department of Health for four years. He’s not an internet page!!

9 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I agree. One of my key sources is a friend who is a former Regional Director of Public Health and Associate Director of Public Health in the Department of Health for four years. He’s not an internet page!!

I agree too. One's opinion is only as good as one's source, or at least that's what history teachers teach isn't it? ;-). It riles me when people talk about getting information from some guy off Facebook or YouTube.  I try and get information from people who know what they are talking about , I've been burnt once or twice by using unreliable sources but in the main I try and listen to people who know what they're talking about.  In fact, someone I know who is in a prominent position in local public health thinks this is all nuts too! Not all health professionals believe this to be an unprecedented situation worthy of locking up healthy people. 

Advert:

8 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

So you won't be allowed in any mass gathering event without being double jabbed from Sept. Guess that will include all football grounds. That will increase staffing costs and the amount of time you have to queue for a Ticket. 

I thought it was aimed at nightclubs rather than sporting events, might be wrong though.  Apologies but not relevant to this thread but Northampton is less than 3 weeks away, not heard any mention of tickets or anything, will away fans be allowed, I presume so but surely tickets will need to go on sale soon and coaches arranging.

54 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

I thought it was aimed at nightclubs rather than sporting events, might be wrong though.  Apologies but not relevant to this thread but Northampton is less than 3 weeks away, not heard any mention of tickets or anything, will away fans be allowed, I presume so but surely tickets will need to go on sale soon and coaches arranging.

I didn't hear or see any mention of sporting events 

That was definitely aimed at the night time industry.

How you ever supposed to manage your business in that industry god only knows.

The reasoning behind it is that a good percentage of 18-35 year olds have not taken up the offer of a vaccine.

I've seen a lot of anti vax stuff from younger members of WhatsApp groups I'm in.  More than I'd expect. 

Edited by eh up nah

Advert:

16 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

I think boris should of been stronger under pressure and not gone in isolation and stuck to his original plan 

What a surprise. He ain’t got a clue what he’s doing. Passports for nightclubs from September, when the damage has been done 

2 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

What a surprise. He ain’t got a clue what he’s doing. Passports for nightclubs from September, when the damage has been done 

More of a case of blackmailing youngsters into getting vaccinated 

1 hour ago, butt lane vale fan said:

So you won't be allowed in any mass gathering event without being double jabbed from Sept. Guess that will include all football grounds. That will increase staffing costs and the amount of time you have to queue for a Ticket. 

He was asked about football but never replied. Whatever your views on vaccines it is someone's own personal choice to have a medical intervention or not. To prevent areas of society from doing certain things because they are unsure of what they are putting into their bodies is akin to the worst atrocities of recent history. It's that serious in my opinion. 

Advert:

13 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

So nightclubs are open from today but restrictions start in September 😂

Thst can only be a ploy to try and get the younger generation to have the vaccine 

• Like 1