robf

Coronavirus

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Couldn't agree more, Sage.  Why are people having to be told to wash their hands?  It shouldn't require the threat of a global pandemic to get people to do that.

I think it's due to the nature of the beast.....

People are being advised to wash their hands after contact with almost anything, anywhere..... hence the self confinement.

Of all the public events that could be under threat,I can't believe Crufts has been allowed to go ahead.

The contestants and exhibitors fly in from all over the world asking for trouble in my mind.

Tried to buy face masks from my local Chemist but they had sold out. They told me to try Boots but it’s not really for me. 

875B7674-E07F-4859-99D5-8F0301B73598.jpeg

• Haha 5

That's in 1 day, yesterday it was around 550 so 1300 in just 2 days. The chief medical officer for the UK Goverment said it would be around 6 weeks before the UK noticed any real surge.

The question is why is the death toll so high in Italy.

Screenshot_20200305-180210_Twitter.jpg

Everybody is over 60, most are in there 80s and 90s and all of them had pre existing health problems with cancer being the most common - much like seasonal flu that kills many many thousands world wide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mario said:

Of all the public events that could be under threat,I can't believe Crufts has been allowed to go ahead.

The contestants and exhibitors fly in from all over the world asking for trouble in my mind.

Regarding hygiene,dog friendly pubs must be the worst idea ever?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Everybody is over 60, most are in there 80s and 90s and all of them had pre existing health problems with cancer being the most common - much like seasonal flu that kills many many thousands world wide.

The old and infirm always go first

15 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Tried to buy face masks from my local Chemist but they had sold out. They told me to try Boots but it’s not really for me. 

875B7674-E07F-4859-99D5-8F0301B73598.jpeg

Wellies might be a better option than surgical face masks,which are a lot thinner and not designed to keep out viral particles as they do not fit tightly enough around your nose and cheeks?

9 hours ago, For Us All said:

Regarding hygiene,dog friendly pubs must be the worst idea ever?

I fail to see the point behind this post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 06/03/2020 at 22:32, Heatwave said:

I fail to see the point behind this post.

I can,the point is general hygiene and I won't be rushing back to eat again in certain local pubs that allow dogs to sit on tables where they share food with their owners.

What worries me even more is the fact that these places are able to achieve five stars in food hygiene ratings?

The country  cant close down for 6 months as people will need jobs to go back to. Also people need to carry on working or there will definitely  be no more loo rolls in the shops.  Appreciate it can be fatal for people with pre existing  health issues and whilst it has flu like symptoms it  is more contagious,  but its not the Black Death with a 50% fatality rate.

The answer  for me is  the at risk people to take all the precautions they can , self isolating if necessary. The rest of us take more care with our personal hygiene and  Keep calm and carry on.

• Like 1

Still only 0.0005% of the UK population have it. I understand there will be undiagnosed cases, but it is not a time to create hysteria. Follow the guidelines and do what anyone should do, re hygiene.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

I can,the point is general hygiene and I won't be rushing back to eat again in certain local pubs that allow dogs to sit on tables where they share food with their owners.

What worries me even more is the fact that these places are able to achieve five stars in food hygiene ratings?

Remind me and my dog not to share a pub with you.