• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Coronavirus

robf

2 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

£70,000 pounds worth of fecking wallpaper 

The question is who paid for it.

It could have been 20 rolls of woodchip and a bucket of wollop  from B&M. 

Let's not forget the CCJ........ awarded because he didn't turn up.. £500?

Good headlines though.

Advert:

2 hours ago, geosname said:

Good headlines though.

Captain Hindsight wants to paper over the cracks and prefers to shop at John Lewis.

2 hours ago, geosname said:

Good headlines though.

If it was a policeman with the CCJ you would be up in arms.

He’s the leader of the nation.

Advert:

13 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Or persuade people,who have been eligible,to take the vaccine,NOW,especially in places like Bolton and Blackburn.

I'm sure it was reported today that every person now in hospital with covid was at some stage offered a vaccine and refused it.

Edited by eh up nah
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

If it was a policeman with the CCJ you would be up in arms.

He’s the leader of the nation.

A CCJ is a civil matter, nothing to do with the police.

If you are going to kick Boris and the Tories,  and they should be, do it for what they got wrong that resonates with the public...... lockdown.... PPE...... track and trace etc.

5 hours ago, geosname said:

A CCJ is a civil matter, nothing to do with the police.

If you are going to kick Boris and the Tories,  and they should be, do it for what they got wrong that resonates with the public...... lockdown.... PPE...... track and trace etc.

I didn’t say a CCJ wasn’t a civil matter... I said that that you would be highly critical of a policeman if they were found to have one. 

There has been plenty of criticism over lockdown, PPE, Track and Trace ... Boris just lies and refuses to answer.

People let him get away with it because they simply don’t care due to tribal, party line backing. 

21 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Or persuade people,who have been eligible,to take the vaccine,NOW,especially in places like Bolton and Blackburn.

Everyone under 36 is ineligible for the vaccine. Those with health issues in that group will have already had it. That’s a lot of people.

7 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I didn’t say a CCJ wasn’t a civil matter... I said that that you would be highly critical of a policeman if they were found to have one. 

There has been plenty of criticism over lockdown, PPE, Track and Trace ... Boris just lies and refuses to answer.

People let him get away with it because they simply don’t care due to tribal, party line backing. 

The point about it being a civil matter is it excludes the police.

I wouldn't be surprised if police and enforcement officers had CCJs. I've had a few.

I appreciate good police officers, the trouble is they are few and far between. How many officers stand by and allow other officers to abuse their power, assault people, abuse people, give unlawful orders etc etc etc. How many officers who get caught are allowed to resign before they are sacked so they keep their pension? Or just face a disciplinary hearing instead of being criminally charged?

Advert:

Everyone under 36 is ineligible for the vaccine. Those with health issues in that group will have already had it. That’s a lot of people.
But anyone under 36 without underlying health issues will not be hospitalised or die. The chances of anyone under 60 becoming ill or dying from Covid-19 who do not have underlying health issues is virtually zero in terms of % . I think there was about 400 people at last count out of 68 million.

That's what I don't get. Virtually 100% of the most vulnerable have been vaccinated, most of them fully and vaccines are showing a much higher real world efficacy than even the trials. With that in mind, we could have millions of 'cases' but if it doesn't translate into hospitalisations and deaths then what is the risk? It's the usual health leaders with their insane 'models' (proven wrong time and time again) that are panicking leaders because they're afraid of losing their 15 minutes of fame.

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

But anyone under 36 without underlying health issues will not be hospitalised or die. The chances of anyone under 60 becoming ill or dying from Covid-19 who do not have underlying health issues is virtually zero in terms of % . I think there was about 400 people at last count out of 68 million.

That's what I don't get. Virtually 100% of the most vulnerable have been vaccinated, most of them fully and vaccines are showing a much higher real world efficacy than even the trials. With that in mind, we could have millions of 'cases' but if it doesn't translate into hospitalisations and deaths then what is the risk? It's the usual health leaders with their insane 'models' (proven wrong time and time again) that are panicking leaders because they're afraid of losing their 15 minutes of fame.

LV, The number of 400 didn't seem right to me, a quick search turns up 7000 deaths in England and Wales with Covid-19 mentioned on the death certificate. Also the people with long Covid tend to be forgotten.

A small % of a very large number is still a large number.

It is time to start and open up the UK.

https://fullfact.org/online/covid-death-rate-under-60/

Over 50% of over 25s are overweight to obese

65% of over 36 are overweight to obese

35% of all people over 20 have hypertension 

That’s a lot of fat people clogging up hospitals and not dying.

meanwhile the waiting list grows. If Mad Handjob wasn’t such a pillock we wouldn’t be in this mess.

LV, The number of 400 didn't seem right to me, a quick search turns up 7000 deaths in England and Wales with Covid-19 mentioned on the death certificate. Also the people with long Covid tend to be forgotten.
A small % of a very large number is still a large number.
It is time to start and open up the UK.
https://fullfact.org/online/covid-death-rate-under-60/

Around 400 without known underlying conditions.

I'm still sceptical about long Covid. Yes, people suffer from post viral symptoms but I know many people who would play on the fact that they had been ill and continue to experience 'symptoms' long after. Anyone under 60 in robust health is surely likely to recover from any post viral symptoms without the requirement of hospitals, which is what we're trying to protect.

Agree with your last point about opening up and cracking on.

Over 50% of over 25s are overweight to obese
65% of over 36 are overweight to obese
35% of all people over 20 have hypertension 
That’s a lot of fat people clogging up hospitals and not dying.
meanwhile the waiting list grows. If Mad Handjob wasn’t such a pillock we wouldn’t be in this mess.
The evidence just isn't there, fat or not, that under 40s or even under 50s are badly affected by this virus. Many of the morbidly obese will have other underlying conditions and so are likely to have been vaccinated already.

We agree about Hancock but probably for different reasons. If they'd held their nerve and followed our prepared pandemic plan from the outset and not copied China, we wouldn't have had deaths and 3 waves spread out over such a long period. Massive amounts of scientific papers coming out now to show that lockdowns have no real impact on hospitalisations and deaths.

Advert:

9 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

The evidence just isn't there, fat or not, that under 40s or even under 50s are badly affected by this virus. Many of the morbidly obese will have other underlying conditions and so are likely to have been vaccinated already.

We agree about Hancock but probably for different reasons. If they'd held their nerve and followed our prepared pandemic plan from the outset and not copied China, we wouldn't have had deaths and 3 waves spread out over such a long period. Massive amounts of scientific papers coming out now to show that lockdowns have no real impact on hospitalisations and deaths.

What was our prepared pandemic plan??

Unbelievably, we had a plan in place for such an event (actually for a worse event in terms of deaths and hospitalisations) . We scrapped it in order to copy China and Italy and with pressure from France. It didn't involve full population lockdowns, something which has never been tried (in spite of what people might tell you ).

46 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
1 hour ago, sunny boslem said:

Unbelievably, we had a plan in place for such an event (actually for a worse event in terms of deaths and hospitalisations) . We scrapped it in order to copy China and Italy and with pressure from France. It didn't involve full population lockdowns, something which has never been tried (in spite of what people might tell you ).

What was this  pandemic plan? Not the plan that was never funded?