Coronavirus

robf

So people can travel to.....

Portugal.... but they won't let you in yet.

Australia and New Zealand..... but they won't let you in.

USA.... but you can't get in.

Israel..... for the fireworks display but flights are being diverted.

If you do manage to get out of the country Heathrow is screwed up (12 hour delays) so you may get diverted to another airport..... or another country..... good luck with quarantine. 

Why are the travel restrictions being lifted? 

Advert:

9 hours ago, Conrad said:

How the hell have we got the Indian strain in this country?

dont tell me we’ve been allowing flights in from India knowing the state of the pandemic in that country.

Another shocking delayed decision... Pakistan and Bangladesh were added to the red list but yet again, slow, blithering decision making around India puts the easing of lockdown at risk.

Why were Pakistan and Bangladesh put on the red list before India?

Bangladesh had the South Africa but not the Brazil variant and Pakistan had neither when they were added to the red list on 9 April.

India had both, as well as a new variant, but was not added for another two weeks.

On 9 April:

• Pakistan had a seven-day average of 21 cases per million people
  • Bangladesh had twice as many
  • India had four times as many
Coronavirus cases on 9 April. Seven day average - cases per million.  .

In late March, India's health authority said 771 variants of concern had been detected in a sample of almost 11,000 positive cases - a fraction of the millions of cases recorded in the country.

Edited by Iron Curtain

Advert:

I am getting very wary about this Indian variant. I am very near to Bolton and have family living there. Another week and we will be back to square one. Shouldn't moan. Enough lives have been lost.

On 11/05/2021 at 20:16, valiant said:

This is some feedback for the Labour Party. I’d voted Labour most of my life until 2019. But Labour made it impossible for me to vote for them as they totally betrayed me and millions of others. 

They said in 2016 they’d honour our vote to leave the EU customs union.

But they lied and before long they started to listen to a minority of Twitter youngsters constantly retweeting things to give the illusion that their far left naive view was the popular national opinion.

So by the time the general election came round. The deal they offered me was horrible. 

Vote Labour Corbyn and Starmer said and we’ll cancel your previous vote to leave the EU customs union. Instead we’re going to run the vote again but this time both options will be to Stay in the EU customs Union. 

Basically a rigged vote. What kind of deal is that??? I was fuming 😡 We already had a vote and brexit should have been completed as everyone was sick of it. But no they said.

Boris on the other hand offered to get Brexit done.

...and he got it done and none of the disastrous and quite frankly ridiculous predictions made by project fear happened. 

Then in March 2020 Coronavirus hit and we went into lockdown. The worst pandemic in 100 years. There had never been a vaccine for any coronaviruses before. Things looked bad for the world and 4 Million worldwide died.

But by December of the same year Boris and the team injected a British woman with the world’s first fully tested and approved Vaccine before any other country. Which is a truly historic achievement. This Vaccine programme went on to be world class. 

So why are people like @Doha so surprised to see Boris’ popularity surge at the recent elections????? 

I don’t like the fact that the Twitter kids and momentum etc have steered Labour to be so unelectable.

We all need Labour to come back and be a strong opposition. But they need to do better than “who paid for Boris’ curtains”. Jesus christ. Do better FFS 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

It’s terrible for the country to be a living in a one party state. 😢

Might take a while but don't worry, apparently Labour are listening and they'll eventually come up with some policies that represent what people actually want?

• Like 1

If the vaccine works and the most vulnerable have had both jabs then I don't understand the hoo ha about this variant. A lot of scientists are saying that the vaccine is still effective against it.

There will always be variants and there will always be cases but if they don't cause mass hosptalisations or death then what's the problem?

If we keep jumping on to lockdown every time there is a variant we'll be doing it for evermore. At some point you've got to say enough is enough. You either trust the vaccines or you don't.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

If boris ignores it and ends up with people dying certain press will hammer him 

the bloke is in a no win situation 

I’ll back him all the way 👍

For weeks he’s allowed flights in from India even though thousands were dying there even when he announced that incoming flights from India would be stopped last Friday , in the four days run up to that 30,000people came in from India unbelievable 

• Like 1

Advert:

22 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

For weeks he’s allowed flights in from India even though thousands were dying there even when he announced that incoming flights from India would be stopped last Friday , in the four days run up to that 30,000people came in from India unbelievable 

Were there thousands dying who had the vaccine like in this country 

come on mate the get at boris agenda is all down to remain/labour voters 

12 month ago the world was over boris has got us through it 

No one would of done it better 

well done boris 12 month on basically I can do what I want 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sunny boslem said:

If boris ignores it and ends up with people dying certain press will hammer him 

the bloke is in a no win situation 

I’ll back him all the way 👍

I will say this, for all Boris's faults, the press are now running the show.

They'll do all they can to get the 21st june release delayed.

I fully understand why people are abandoning Labour, because they are in a real mess. Corbin ensured that rafts of Labour voters left them, and Starmer has been unable to reverse the decline.

I also do not understand why people put their trust in Johnson. He is a complete stranger to the truth, he is enshrouded in sleaze. Is at the helm of probably the most corrupt Government in our history . Why are people taken in by him?

11 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

I fully understand why people are abandoning Labour, because they are in a real mess. Corbin ensured that rafts of Labour voters left them, and Starmer has been unable to reverse the decline.

I also do not understand why people put their trust in Johnson. He is a complete stranger to the truth, he is enshrouded in sleaze. Is at the helm of probably the most corrupt Government in our history . Why are people taken in by him?

If you look at the four Labour leaders since Blair you'll probably find the reason?

11 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

Were there thousands dying who had the vaccine like in this country 

come on mate the get at boris agenda is all down to remain/labour voters 

12 month ago the world was over boris has got us through it 

No one would of done it better 

well done boris 12 month on basically I can do what I want 👍

Sorry that’s a crazy post. Labour or not surely you can see how much of a <ovf censored> up he has made. I honestly don’t think he could have handled the whole thing from the start any worse. 

Edited by valiant_593

Advert:

11 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

I wouldn’t say it is so much people are taken with him, more so that their is no opposition. Corbyn has done immense damage to the 
Labour Party which will take years to recover. Starmer does seem quite decent and I hope the party stick with him, he seems a lot more level headed but he won’t suit the hard left and the unionists who have such an influence on the party 

14 minutes ago, For Us All said:

If you look at the four Labour leaders since Blair you'll probably find the reason?

You can include Blair as well, I voted for Blair but have made the decision to never vote Labour again after his reign. And people go on about Johnson’s lies!

• Like 1