Coronavirus

robf

They need to look at the big picture. It is a world problem. Waive the patents and let all countries manufacture the various vaccines, that is the best way of giving aid to the world, and restoring some sense of normality.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

On 27/04/2021 at 03:50, Fosse69 said:

They need to look at the big picture. It is a world problem. Waive the patents and let all countries manufacture the various vaccines, that is the best way of giving aid to the world, and restoring some sense of normality.

Fosse,  The issue is whether there is the capability and availability of "starting materials" now to manufacture the virus in a particular country as some of this stuff is cutting edge science/manufacturing plus the manufacturing has to be done in sterile conditions as when stuff is being injected into humans it has to be what the label says it is and doesn't contain impurities or  unwanted bacterial/fungi etc which could lead to other health issues.

Unfortunately manufacturing vaccines/medicines is not as "simple" as manufacturing a refrigerator or a car.

On 06/04/2021 at 15:29, Fosse69 said:

Hospitals will not be empty of Covid patients, deaths  due to Covid quoted by the Govt are only those within 28 days. 

1,161 in English hospitals as of Saturday who've tested positive for Covid, out of 55,000,000 residents. At least 1/3rd of NHS trusts have zero Covid positive patients. Seems pretty empty to me. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AMF said:

1,161 in English hospitals as of Saturday who've tested positive for Covid, out of 55,000,000 residents. At least 1/3rd of NHS trusts have zero Covid positive patients. Seems pretty empty to me. 

They should be working hard to catch up with all the delayed operations and treatments. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

They should be working hard to catch up with all the delayed operations and treatments. 

Let's hope so. I think the NHS did a good job of continuing the best they could during the winter, but the completely unnecessary hysteria driven cancellations in April, May and June 2020 will have a knock on effect for many years to come. 

Advert:

On 29/04/2021 at 22:12, Paul6754 said:

Fosse,  The issue is whether there is the capability and availability of "starting materials" now to manufacture the virus in a particular country as some of this stuff is cutting edge science/manufacturing plus the manufacturing has to be done in sterile conditions as when stuff is being injected into humans it has to be what the label says it is and doesn't contain impurities or  unwanted bacterial/fungi etc which could lead to other health issues.

Unfortunately manufacturing vaccines/medicines is not as "simple" as manufacturing a refrigerator or a car.

You miss my point, the patent money could be better spent on producing the vaccine in countries capable of doing so. 

7 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

You miss my point, the patent money could be better spent on producing the vaccine in countries capable of doing so. 

Fosse, The key point is "Manufacturing/producing the vaccine in countries capable of doing so". Covid-19 has caught the world off guard and highlighted many issues including capacity and capability of manufacturing vaccines around the world to combat a global pandemic.

I believe initiatives to expand the capability of production of the flu vaccine to different parts of the globe eg Africa etc, orchestrated by The WHO, have already taken place and are continuing with the Covid-19 vaccines but it takes time.

In the meantime I would anticipate poorer nations will receive the vaccines at significantly discounted cost compared to wealthier western nations.

Fascinating and balanced video here from Dr Jon Lee. No propoganda but just explaining how and why this mass hysteria has been bestowed upon us.

It's quite a long watch, but he analyses each aspect and offers a rational discussion. What is most interesting to me is that he touches on the fact that scientific debate has been quashed. Governments have basically followed one train of thought and stuck to it, irrelevant of what the real world is telling them.

I know the usual suspects will continue to bury their heads in the sand, but it's worth a watch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/05/2021 at 18:37, Paul6754 said:

Fosse, The key point is "Manufacturing/producing the vaccine in countries capable of doing so". Covid-19 has caught the world off guard and highlighted many issues including capacity and capability of manufacturing vaccines around the world to combat a global pandemic.

I believe initiatives to expand the capability of production of the flu vaccine to different parts of the globe eg Africa etc, orchestrated by The WHO, have already taken place and are continuing with the Covid-19 vaccines but it takes time.

In the meantime I would anticipate poorer nations will receive the vaccines at significantly discounted cost compared to wealthier western nations.

Well I shall leave it for the US and EU to sort out the Vaccine waivers

Advert:

On 27/04/2021 at 01:47, ginge said:

Let the bodies pile up Boris said. Two sources willing to speak under oath about it.

Even the far right Daily Fail rag are giving him a bad name. This is the beginning of the end for Boris.

20210427_014409.jpg

Not quite.😃

This is some feedback for the Labour Party. I’d voted Labour most of my life until 2019. But Labour made it impossible for me to vote for them as they totally betrayed me and millions of others. 

They said in 2016 they’d honour our vote to leave the EU customs union.

But they lied and before long they started to listen to a minority of Twitter youngsters constantly retweeting things to give the illusion that their far left naive view was the popular national opinion.

So by the time the general election came round. The deal they offered me was horrible. 

Vote Labour Corbyn and Starmer said and we’ll cancel your previous vote to leave the EU customs union. Instead we’re going to run the vote again but this time both options will be to Stay in the EU customs Union. 

Basically a rigged vote. What kind of deal is that??? I was fuming 😡 We already had a vote and brexit should have been completed as everyone was sick of it. But no they said.

Boris on the other hand offered to get Brexit done.

...and he got it done and none of the disastrous and quite frankly ridiculous predictions made by project fear happened. 

Then in March 2020 Coronavirus hit and we went into lockdown. The worst pandemic in 100 years. There had never been a vaccine for any coronaviruses before. Things looked bad for the world and 4 Million worldwide died.

But by December of the same year Boris and the team injected a British woman with the world’s first fully tested and approved Vaccine before any other country. Which is a truly historic achievement. This Vaccine programme went on to be world class. 

So why are people like @Doha so surprised to see Boris’ popularity surge at the recent elections????? 

I don’t like the fact that the Twitter kids and momentum etc have steered Labour to be so unelectable.

We all need Labour to come back and be a strong opposition. But they need to do better than “who paid for Boris’ curtains”. Jesus christ. Do better FFS 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

It’s terrible for the country to be a living in a one party state. 😢

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, valiant said:

This is some feedback for the Labour Party. I’d voted Labour most of my life until 2019. But Labour made it impossible for me to vote for them as they totally betrayed me and millions of others. 

They said in 2016 they’d honour our vote to leave the EU customs union.

But they lied and before long they started to listen to a minority of Twitter youngsters constantly retweeting things to give the illusion that their far left naive view was the popular national opinion.

So by the time the general election came round. The deal they offered me was horrible. 

Vote Labour Corbyn and Starmer said and we’ll cancel your previous vote to leave the EU customs union. Instead we’re going to run the vote again but this time both options will be to Stay in the EU customs Union. 

Basically a rigged vote. What kind of deal is that??? I was fuming 😡 We already had a vote and brexit should have been completed as everyone was sick of it. But no they said.

Boris on the other hand offered to get Brexit done.

...and he got it done and none of the disastrous and quite frankly ridiculous predictions made by project fear happened. 

Then in March 2020 Coronavirus hit and we went into lockdown. The worst pandemic in 100 years. There had never been a vaccine for any coronaviruses before. Things looked bad for the world and 4 Million worldwide died.

But by December of the same year Boris and the team injected a British woman with the world’s first fully tested and approved Vaccine before any other country. Which is a truly historic achievement. This Vaccine programme went on to be world class. 

So why are people like @Doha so surprised to see Boris’ popularity surge at the recent elections????? 

I don’t like the fact that the Twitter kids and momentum etc have steered Labour to be so unelectable.

We all need Labour to come back and be a strong opposition. But they need to do better than “who paid for Boris’ curtains”. Jesus christ. Do better FFS 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

It’s terrible for the country to be a living in a one party state. 😢

Most of your post is unrelated to the thread.

Where on the ballot did it say to leave the customs union? Also majority of people voted in the last election for parties who supported a second referendum/remain so therefore there was no mandate for Boris' brexit. In fact many brexiteers changed the goalposts as they went on even voting against Mays deal! In 2016 we were promised the best trade deal ever and that wed stay in the single market! You cant say there haven't been problems with brexit when there has been, and Im sure will be in the future.

As for the youngsters on twitter it is their future and I think its great they are getting involved in politics. You can't blame them for the Labour party being unelectable though! 

As for the pandemic, our death toll is disgraceful and could have been a lot smaller had we had a competent government who followed the science from the start and had a leader who took it seriously. Yes the Vaccine rollout has been fantastic just goes to show what happens when you give the project to the NHS and not a corrupt private contract like test and trace and ppe. 

Boris is a cheat, a bully, a liar and misleads parliament and the public on a daily basis. 

The latest is the photo ID cards for voting which will mean the most marginalised will suffer again. This government are for the elite. 

As for the opposition well Corbyn couldn't shake off the failure to deal with antisemitism and Starmer is criticised for not having a vision.

This country has no democracy until we have a fair proportional voting system where our votes actually matter. 

16 hours ago, valiant said:

But by December of the same year Boris and the team injected a British woman with the world’s first fully tested and approved Vaccine

16 hours ago, valiant said:

Boris and the team

🤣 Yes I heard he sequenced the virus' genome personally.

• Haha 1

Advert:

5 hours ago, Doha said:

🤣 Yes I heard he sequenced the virus' genome personally.

Yes it was Boris’ team of experts that made it happen. If something goes wrong with anyone in his team you’re the first to rightly blame Boris and his decisions.

So when an historic world class achievement is made he and his team deserve the plaudits. As is the case with this.

Tip: Adding laughing emojis to your point doesn’t make it more valid. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If anything it does the opposite.

Thanks for listening.

1 hour ago, valiant said:

Yes it was Boris’ team of experts that made it happen. If something goes wrong with anyone in his team you’re the first to rightly blame Boris and his decisions.

So when an historic world class achievement is made he and his team deserve the plaudits. As is the case with this.

Tip: Adding laughing emojis to your point doesn’t make it more valid. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If anything it does the opposite.

Thanks for listening.

Is this the team of experts who made millions from PPE etc, is this the team of experts who delayed lockdowns, is this the team of experts who delayed closing the borders (720 cases in Bolton today). Yes they have done well with the vaccine, but let’s not get carried away.