Coronavirus

robf

On 07/04/2021 at 11:24, Doha said:

Well well well if it isn't the consequences of my own actions

8ucrao5p8nr61.jpg

So what? Is having a chest infection a crime?

I feel very sorry for those who've been permanently engineered into being more risk averse (like AndyRegs) as it will take far longer for them to get any type of resemblance of normality back in life. Its the job of people like me to re-educate them back to normality.

Many people actually had a minutes silence and candle light vigil for Peter Sutcliffe on the 23rd March during the quite bizarre "day of reflection". Get your head around that.

Until we learn to live with the consequences of this virus, rather than trying to learn to live with the virus, the longer it will take to get back to normal. Unfortunately that looks a long way off whilst people won't admit that they're not following the rules and acting normal through fear of social stigma. 

I'll start, I didn't wear a face-mask to pay for petrol in a service station at the weekend. That was after picking up my 80 year old grandparents who I took to my parents house so that 4 generations could enjoy an Easter lunch together (indoors) like normal human beings. The fact that such actions are a CRIME is bonkers. No one, under any circumstances, ever has the right to tell me and my family how, where and when we can interact. To expect another person to act in such unnatural way to satisfy their own sense of fear is inhuman and frankly selfish. 

7 minutes ago, AMF said:

I feel very sorry for those who've been permanently engineered into being more risk averse (like AndyRegs) as it will take far longer for them to get any type of resemblance of normality back in life. Its the job of people like me to re-educate them back to normality.

Many people actually had a minutes silence and candle light vigil for Peter Sutcliffe on the 23rd March during the quite bizarre "day of reflection". Get your head around that.

Until we learn to live with the consequences of this virus, rather than trying to learn to live with the virus, the longer it will take to get back to normal. Unfortunately that looks a long way off whilst people won't admit that they're not following the rules and acting normal through fear of social stigma. 

I'll start, I didn't wear a face-mask to pay for petrol in a service station at the weekend. That was after picking up my 80 year old grandparents who I took to my parents house so that 4 generations could enjoy an Easter lunch together (indoors) like normal human beings. The fact that such actions are a CRIME is bonkers. No one, under any circumstances, ever has the right to tell me and my family how, where and when we can interact. To expect another person to act in such unnatural way to satisfy their own sense of fear is inhuman and frankly selfish. 

They have the right if someone else`s rights are affected. Whether in this case is another matter. I and my family would not do what you did, but that is our choice,  even though it is causing difficulties.

23 minutes ago, AMF said:

If everyone followed yourself we would be in serious trouble, totally irresponsible 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, AMF said:

I can’t decide if that last paragraph is serious or if this is a parody account. If it’s serious, then I don’t need to write anything to counter it. You’ve made everything clear enough.

Edited by Andyregs

2 hours ago, AMF said:

Its the job of people like me to re-educate them back to normality.

Brazilian PM said something very similar at the start of all this... He sounded like a bit of a fool too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AMF said:

So what? Is having a chest infection a crime?

150,000 dead, including people known to this forum. Knob you are lad. 

• Thanks 1

My nan passed away this morning in her 90s. She spent her final year without much visiting allowed from any of her loved ones. Well done guys, I hope you feel proud.

In her final weeks, she was scared and wondered why nobody was visiting her in hospital. Again, I hope you feel so proud to have kept everyone 'safe'.

How many more to come unrelated to the virus Doha? 150,000 all died directly of Covid too I presume you checked each individual death certificate. Perhaps you should look in the mirror occasionally before casting aspersions.

If everyone followed yourself we would be in serious trouble, totally irresponsible 
With the greatest of respect, I still haven't been presented with evidence that lockdowns save lives. Lots of 'models ' and guesswork though, so that's ok. The amount of people who are happy to leave their elderly relatives scared and alone sickens me.

6 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

My nan passed away this morning in her 90s. She spent her final year without much visiting allowed from any of her loved ones. Well done guys, I hope you feel proud.

What exactly are you blaming us for here?

Just now, leedsvaliant said:
7 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

With the greatest of respect, I still haven't been presented with evidence that lockdowns save lives. Lots of 'models ' and guesswork though, so that's ok. The amount of people who are happy to leave their elderly relatives scared and alone sickens me.

You have a number of times. Using data from this current pandemic. You just ignore it because it doesn’t fit what you want. By all means explain why the methods in these studies, in the lancet and bmj, are not fit for purpose and tell us what method should be used by them. 

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:
6 hours ago, Doha said:

How many more to come unrelated to the virus Doha? 150,000 all died directly of Covid too I presume you checked each individual death certificate. Perhaps you should look in the mirror occasionally before casting aspersions.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/907616/s0650-direct-indirect-impacts-covid-19-excess-deaths-morbidity-sage-48.pdf

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n352

You have a number of times. Using data from this current pandemic. You just ignore it because it doesn’t fit what you want. By all means explain why the methods in these studies, in the lancet and bmj, are not fit for purpose and tell us what method should be used by them. 
Not blaming you, none of us had any choice in this apart from the government. You're complicit for believing it to be the right thing to do and and to hell with anything else as long as you feel safe.

The SAGE report is utter <ovf censored>...they're not going to slay their own tactics are they? and the BMJ report...any doctor is going to label any death as Covid-19 in the middle of a pandemic, even if what they genuinely have is pneumonia or flu. In fact there's about a million symptoms of Covid isn't there? You could label virtually every old death as Covid!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:
4 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Not blaming you, none of us had any choice in this apart from the government. You're complicit for believing it to be the right thing to do and and to hell with anything else as long as you feel safe.

‘Not blaming you....you’re complicit’

I’ll assume you’re lashing out because you’re upset so I’ll keep my peace. Ive said more here than I probably should, I’m sorry about your Nan. 

Edit: removed the rest. 

Edited by Andyregs

33 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I’ll assume you’re lashing out because you’re upset so I’ll keep my peace. Ive said more here than I probably should, I’m sorry about your Nan. 

It is for this reason I haven't responded to him quoting me earlier so I'm glad you said that. Ditto, let's leave it all for a few days. 

• Like 1