Coronavirus

robf

Advert:

43 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
58 minutes ago, Andyregs said:
And I accept that the vaccines are good vaccines. I haven’t put any numbers into excel, you need to stop making things up.

So therefore you'll accept that there is very little need to continue with these measures even now, nevermind in two months?

What are your thoughts on Brazil? A country that didnt lockdown at all and have had 65000 deaths in March and 330 thousand in total? Still think lockdowns dont work? 

What are your thoughts on Brazil? A country that didnt lockdown at all and have had 65000 deaths in March and 330 thousand in total? Still think lockdowns dont work? 
We've already had this debate. There are examples with the opposite effect, whereby less or no lockdown has resulted in better outcomes. It's almost as if there is no rhyme or reason to a virus and any attempt to control it are futile and could make things worse.

5 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
1 hour ago, WV said:

We've already had this debate. There are examples with the opposite effect, whereby less or no lockdown has resulted in better outcomes. It's almost as if there is no rhyme or reason to a virus and any attempt to control it are futile and could make things worse.

It’s almost as though we should look at a range of countries. Like in the studies you refuse to acknowledge. 

Dealing with the unknown is difficult, very difficult indeed.  Lockdown is a simple and quick way of slowing the spread of Covid, adopted by most countries with various degrees of severity.  The problem is coming out of it, vaccines reduce the dangers,  test and trace can contain it but it then depends upon whether people can afford to isolate.  What level of sickness and death is acceptable?  

Advert:

Dealing with the unknown is difficult, very difficult indeed.  Lockdown is a simple and quick way of slowing the spread of Covid, adopted by most countries with various degrees of severity.  The problem is coming out of it, vaccines reduce the dangers,  test and trace can contain it but it then depends upon whether people can afford to isolate.  What level of sickness and death is acceptable?  
That's a decent summary. Some of the models (although I never pay much mind to guess work) predict around 15k deaths in a potential 3rd wave. In some bad flu seasons, we can see up to 20k deaths. So, do we do as we do with flu and accept that level of death?

The twice weekly testing thing is a colossal waste of money in my eyes. Firstly, who is actually going to take two tests a week if they are not ill, and even if they have got symptoms some people will just shrug it off as a cold. Secondly, if someone does test positive, how many are actually going to isolate for 10 days? Particularly if self employed or with no immediate family help. Sounds like an MPs mate has got their fingers in this one.
  • Like 1

I feel very sorry for those who've been permanently engineered into being more risk averse (like AndyRegs) as it will take far longer for them to get any type of resemblance of normality back in life. Its the job of people like me to re-educate them back to normality.

Many people actually had a minutes silence and candle light vigil for Peter Sutcliffe on the 23rd March during the quite bizarre "day of reflection". Get your head around that.

Until we learn to live with the consequences of this virus, rather than trying to learn to live with the virus, the longer it will take to get back to normal. Unfortunately that looks a long way off whilst people won't admit that they're not following the rules and acting normal through fear of social stigma. 

I'll start, I didn't wear a face-mask to pay for petrol in a service station at the weekend. That was after picking up my 80 year old grandparents who I took to my parents house so that 4 generations could enjoy an Easter lunch together (indoors) like normal human beings. The fact that such actions are a CRIME is bonkers. No one, under any circumstances, ever has the right to tell me and my family how, where and when we can interact. To expect another person to act in such unnatural way to satisfy their own sense of fear is inhuman and frankly selfish. 

7 minutes ago, AMF said:

I feel very sorry for those who've been permanently engineered into being more risk averse (like AndyRegs) as it will take far longer for them to get any type of resemblance of normality back in life. Its the job of people like me to re-educate them back to normality.

Many people actually had a minutes silence and candle light vigil for Peter Sutcliffe on the 23rd March during the quite bizarre "day of reflection". Get your head around that.

Until we learn to live with the consequences of this virus, rather than trying to learn to live with the virus, the longer it will take to get back to normal. Unfortunately that looks a long way off whilst people won't admit that they're not following the rules and acting normal through fear of social stigma. 

I'll start, I didn't wear a face-mask to pay for petrol in a service station at the weekend. That was after picking up my 80 year old grandparents who I took to my parents house so that 4 generations could enjoy an Easter lunch together (indoors) like normal human beings. The fact that such actions are a CRIME is bonkers. No one, under any circumstances, ever has the right to tell me and my family how, where and when we can interact. To expect another person to act in such unnatural way to satisfy their own sense of fear is inhuman and frankly selfish. 

They have the right if someone else`s rights are affected. Whether in this case is another matter. I and my family would not do what you did, but that is our choice,  even though it is causing difficulties.

23 minutes ago, AMF said:

If everyone followed yourself we would be in serious trouble, totally irresponsible 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

37 minutes ago, AMF said:

I can’t decide if that last paragraph is serious or if this is a parody account. If it’s serious, then I don’t need to write anything to counter it. You’ve made everything clear enough.

Edited by Andyregs

Advert:

My nan passed away this morning in her 90s. She spent her final year without much visiting allowed from any of her loved ones. Well done guys, I hope you feel proud.

In her final weeks, she was scared and wondered why nobody was visiting her in hospital. Again, I hope you feel so proud to have kept everyone 'safe'.

150,000 dead, including people known to this forum. Knob you are lad. 
How many more to come unrelated to the virus Doha? 150,000 all died directly of Covid too I presume you checked each individual death certificate. Perhaps you should look in the mirror occasionally before casting aspersions.

If everyone followed yourself we would be in serious trouble, totally irresponsible 
With the greatest of respect, I still haven't been presented with evidence that lockdowns save lives. Lots of 'models ' and guesswork though, so that's ok. The amount of people who are happy to leave their elderly relatives scared and alone sickens me.