Jump to content

Coronavirus


robf

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:
12 hours ago, WV said:
Which departments had nothing to do? 

ICU very busy and certain hospitals, other departments were virtually mothballed, many stories anecdotally of staff resorting to cleaning. Again, not saying this was throughout but there were definite lulls.

You said many departments, name one. 

You seem to think nurses are just interchangeable between wards. So you think that xray nurses should have been down ICU looking after covid patients? Or paediatrics nurses should be running the nightingale hospitals? 

You seem to have ideas that have no way of implementing in the real world.  Guessing you don't know any actual nurses in real life. 

 

Edited by WV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


9 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Just to put things into context. 4f114cde-f1c0-4752-8a9e-876426c5f3c8.jpeg

Personally i do not believe this graphic or that it came from Stockholm University. Looks more like a Facebook or twitter graphic to me. Also its now March 2021 so not sure how fake figures that are 10 months out of date is putting anything in context. 

 

Googled the image and it turns out that it did not come from Stockholm University but from a Canadian city's reddit and in November 2020 not June. Why would you spread misinformation? 

Edited by WV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And me.

I might be setting myself up, but so be it.

I'm still not understanding why, if the requisite number of the population are vaccinated and therefore protected from serious harm, do we need to worry about how many cases there are anymore.

It's never completely going away, I shouldn't think.

Why even bother vaccinating of we think social distancing is still required?

One way or the other there is a nonsense in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


13 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

And me.

I might be setting myself up, but so be it.

I'm still not understanding why, if the requisite number of the population are vaccinated and therefore protected from serious harm, do we need to worry about how many cases there are anymore.

It's never completely going away, I shouldn't think.

Why even bother vaccinating of we think social distancing is still required?

One way or the other there is a nonsense in there.

I haven’t looked into it really so I’m just guessing. But a few thoughts.

Are they suggested for people while we are in the process of vaccinating? So the risk hasn’t gone but it allows those who are vaccinated more freedom? 
Are they for travelling abroad where news strains could be introduced? 
perhaps other countries would require them? And conversely maybe we would require them from other countries. Would we really want to open borders to Brazil considering the madness of their leader in their COVID approach?

I think some industries welcome them as it may mean they can actually open quicker. 

If you want your gut feelings challenging, I suppose the question to ask is, if you had the choice between a longer lockdown, or opening things early with a vaccine pass in some industries, what would you choose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I haven’t looked into it really so I’m just guessing. But a few thoughts.

Are they suggested for people while we are in the process of vaccinating? So the risk hasn’t gone but it allows those who are vaccinated more freedom? 
Are they for travelling abroad where news strains could be introduced? 
perhaps other countries would require them? And conversely maybe we would require them from other countries. Would we really want to open borders to Brazil considering the madness of their leader in their COVID approach?

I think some industries welcome them as it may mean they can actually open quicker. 

If you want your gut feelings challenging, I suppose the question to ask is, if you had the choice between a longer lockdown, or opening things early with a vaccine pass in some industries, what would you choose?

I don't think the government's take on it is for them to be in place during vaccinating.  Boris, when asked, said it would only be a possibility (realistically) once every eligible person has been offered a vaccine.  Therefore, I'm thinking, if you cant get into places it's your own fault.

Not sure on the abroad bit but it does make most sense in that respect I guess. Bringing in new strains etc.

I would absolutely choose the latter.

I actually meant to separate the fact I didn't like the idea of a vaccine passport from the rest of my post on distancing measures.  

The second part was more to do with the idea of having social distancing, possibly, into september.  I agree with the road map approach and gradually opening.  As long as its committed to and pretty much final.

It worries me that, even though we'll be protected by then, we'll still be mucking about and scared of letting the measures go.

Edited by eh up nah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have always been requirements for vaccinations to enter some countries.

There is talk of allowing access to pubs (initially) if you show proof of vaccine.

If you are questioned regarding not wearing a mask by the police and you are exempt you do not have to prove your exemption and the police can not force you, coerce you or even question you about the particulars of any medical condition you may have because it is a medical record. The information is protected.

Does it then become available to door staff or bar staff?

Shop keepers? Bus or taxi drivers? Or anyone who has contact with the public?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 hour ago, geosname said:

I thought you could not catch it twice?

It seems the vaccine isn't as potent as we hoped or lead to believe.

It’s been known for a long time that catching it will only give a few months immunity. The vaccine in many ways is more potent than we should have dared hope for. But no vaccine is 100%. And I expect they are constantly making advances. I’d rather a belt and braces approach if it means defeating it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my vaccine yesterday feel sound this morning bit strange though as I went pick up some drugs last night and the police were there I then went get some oatcakes in my van this morning soon as I went over 30mph the police were there again while waiting for them be cooked I went on google to look at some golf shoes the ones I had already seen weeks ago were already in my basket I then came home and my front door opened on it’s self for me to enter for a plate and knife and fork already on my table with the red sauce shaking itself 😳 

so I’ve put a bet on fleetwood to win the golf and a footy bet of vale Grimsby Stevenage and tranmere all to win 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

I had my vaccine yesterday feel sound this morning bit strange though as I went pick up some drugs last night and the police were there I then went get some oatcakes in my van this morning soon as I went over 30mph the police were there again while waiting for them be cooked I went on google to look at some golf shoes the ones I had already seen weeks ago were already in my basket I then came home and my front door opened on it’s self for me to enter for a plate and knife and fork already on my table with the red sauce shaking itself 😳 

so I’ve put a bet on fleetwood to win the golf and a footy bet of vale Grimsby Stevenage and tranmere all to win 

 

What time does the two minutes hate start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andyregs said:

It’s been known for a long time that catching it will only give a few months immunity. The vaccine in many ways is more potent than we should have dared hope for. But no vaccine is 100%. And I expect they are constantly making advances. I’d rather a belt and braces approach if it means defeating it.

So you can catch it twice or more?

The initial outlook if I remember correctly was 1 jab.... then 2 lasting 12 months approximately..... now it's 2 + a booster within a few months of the second jab which you get a couple of months after the first.

It's starting to sound a bit foggy which is disappointing. 

I hope people get vaccinated and developments proceed at pace to counter the possible variants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


39 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

I had my vaccine yesterday feel sound this morning bit strange though as I went pick up some drugs last night and the police were there I then went get some oatcakes in my van this morning soon as I went over 30mph the police were there again while waiting for them be cooked I went on google to look at some golf shoes the ones I had already seen weeks ago were already in my basket I then came home and my front door opened on it’s self for me to enter for a plate and knife and fork already on my table with the red sauce shaking itself 😳 

so I’ve put a bet on fleetwood to win the golf and a footy bet of vale Grimsby Stevenage and tranmere all to win 

 

Just another normal day then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, geosname said:

So you can catch it twice or more?

The initial outlook if I remember correctly was 1 jab.... then 2 lasting 12 months approximately..... now it's 2 + a booster within a few months of the second jab which you get a couple of months after the first.

It's starting to sound a bit foggy which is disappointing. 

I hope people get vaccinated and developments proceed at pace to counter the possible variants.

Without a vaccine yes. A booster doesn’t mean the vaccine is any less effective, it just means there is better protection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...