• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Coronavirus

robf

51 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

I'm not arguing against lockdowns, but just pointing out that people have been generally fearful of consulting doctors/hospitals because of the situation we find ouselves in. Perfectly understandable, but nevertheless worrying for the future effect on the health services.

Had a "Problem" that I put off going the Dr's with for a couple of months because of covid and I thought they would be busy eventually I mentioned this to someone I bumped into who works at the surgery she said don't be daft do a phone consultation, which I did and got sorted out, if you need the Doc reach out.

• Like 1

Advert:

10 minutes ago, Mario said:

Had a "Problem" that I put off going the Dr's with for a couple of months because of covid and I thought they would be busy eventually I mentioned this to someone I bumped into who works at the surgery she said don't be daft do a phone consultation, which I did and got sorted out, if you need the Doc reach out.

Agreed. My other half has had countless appointments with doctors and consultants. Many have been changed to video or phone calls, with only appointments where physical exams are needed is where she’s had to go in. The doctors have been amazing, and to be honest we kind of hope that some future appointments can be done like that as it’s so much more convenient.

2 hours ago, Mario said:

Agreed totally! Glad you got sorted.

Have you actually just said that? As if IC is that easy?
Do you think MRSA has been rampant over the years because they haven't been trying enough or something?
I'm not saying it's easy, but we seem to have thrown money at pointless test and trace. Why not utilise the Nightingale hospitals? Why not build entirely separate temporary buildings off the main hospital? It's currently suggested that at some points, hospital and care home acquisition of the virus was 40%. Get rid of that issue and you've massively reduced not only those testing positive but those dying.

Advert:

I wish more people would have done that. Some people are still scared to venture out. A sad indictment of the fear factor that was ramped up. Quoting SAGE in March last year, I paraphrase, 'the public aren't scared enough, we need to make them much more afraid '. It's probably the most successful thing they've done throughout this.

20 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
4 hours ago, Doha said:
Have you actually just said that? As if IC is that easy?
Do you think MRSA has been rampant over the years because they haven't been trying enough or something?

I'm not saying it's easy, but we seem to have thrown money at pointless test and trace. Why not utilise the Nightingale hospitals? Why not build entirely separate temporary buildings off the main hospital? It's currently suggested that at some points, hospital and care home acquisition of the virus was 40%. Get rid of that issue and you've massively reduced not only those testing positive but those dying.

Where do you get the staff from

32 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
4 hours ago, Andyregs said:
Meaning the virus would spread.

How do you know? It was never tried.

Look what happened after Christmas with slightly relaxed guidelines. It would spread because there would be more contact, that’s how virus spreads. 

Look what happened after Christmas with slightly relaxed guidelines. It would spread because there would be more contact, that’s how virus spreads. 
Were they? I must have been living in a parallel universe. The only time things have been slightly relaxed is a couple of months last summer and even then there were limitations. It's January, viruses are always an issue.

Advert:

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:
2 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Were they? I must have been living in a parallel universe. The only time things have been slightly relaxed is a couple of months last summer and even then there were limitations. It's January, viruses are always an issue.

Before Christmas we had schools go back. We had eat out to help out. We had tiered responses. We went from the November lockdown into the tiered response. Some gyms, hairdressers , shops etc could open, Christmas bubbles etc.  You’re quite obviously living in a parallel universe. 
And yes January is always an issue, because it’s cold and people stay in closer together more with less ventilation. Like I said, Almost as if more contact with people causes a virus to spread more. 

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:
2 hours ago, WV said:
Where do you get the staff from

Move some from the main hospitals. I know some hospitals were very busy, but many departments had nothing to do.

Which departments had nothing to do? 

Why would the spreading still be an issue once we're vaccinated?

If you are not going to die, or end up in hospital, then so what?

I've followed everything so far in the faith its saving lives and stopping the nhs failing.

But to be talking about us still being restricted end of September is very, verydepressing 

Why would the spreading still be an issue once we're vaccinated?
If you are not going to die, or end up in hospital, then so what?
I've followed everything so far in the faith its saving lives and stopping the nhs failing.
But to be talking about us still being restricted end of September is very, verydepressing 
I think this penny is starting to drop with the majority. Even the elderly have given up on it now.

Advert:

ICU very busy and certain hospitals, other departments were virtually mothballed, many stories anecdotally of staff resorting to cleaning. Again, not saying this was throughout but there were definite lulls.
Where did the extra staff for ICU come from? Of course some wards elsewhere would be mothballed.