• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Coronavirus

robf

42 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

See he humiliated another Tory Minister this morning regarding PPE again. Obviously you get different news on your Right Wing news outlets. Will agree Carrie has done a good job on the vaccine, but the corruptness on the PPE is shameful, even Boris’s boys must see that

Yes,I agree get Michael Gove in for Hancock.

Advert:

1 hour ago, jonti1969 said:

You are correct. I unfortunately lost my wife a couple of weeks ago to covid, she was in hospital for 2 weeks and i was only allowed to visit during her final hours and it was horrendous, having to wear all that PPE and not able to kiss her goodbye. From feeling unwell coronvirus took her in 2 weeks. Even after this i still think the lockdown measures and the impact on mental health was far to execessive. My wife was one of the unlucky few who fall to this virus but it wont stop me living my life.

Really sorry for your loss mate 

48 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ecca6d91d055b4123f5019cdfa967abf.jpeg

Is that Tony Blair bottom left? It could be Corbyn, Abbott and Brown in the huddle behind the shed. Starmer will be a little further back, he hasn't made a name for himself yet.

I don't suppose they voted Tory but they didn't do a lot to stop them winning.

Rich and greedy doesn't have a political colour mate, neither does corruption or lying.

2 hours ago, jonti1969 said:

You are correct. I unfortunately lost my wife a couple of weeks ago to covid, she was in hospital for 2 weeks and i was only allowed to visit during her final hours and it was horrendous, having to wear all that PPE and not able to kiss her goodbye. From feeling unwell coronvirus took her in 2 weeks. Even after this i still think the lockdown measures and the impact on mental health was far to execessive. My wife was one of the unlucky few who fall to this virus but it wont stop me living my life.

So sorry to read this, Jonti.  Love to you and your family.

Advert:

2 hours ago, jonti1969 said:

Awful news, sorry to hear it Jonti. Hopefully you are doing ok... we all bash each other up on here a bit, but we are all vale at heart. If there is anything any of us can do to help, even just for a chat, I'm sure any one of us would be happy to help! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jonti1969 said:

You are correct. I unfortunately lost my wife a couple of weeks ago to covid, she was in hospital for 2 weeks and i was only allowed to visit during her final hours and it was horrendous, having to wear all that PPE and not able to kiss her goodbye. From feeling unwell coronvirus took her in 2 weeks. Even after this i still think the lockdown measures and the impact on mental health was far to execessive. My wife was one of the unlucky few who fall to this virus but it wont stop me living my 

Really sorry to hear that terrible  news jonti.

Step 3 – no earlier than 17 May

• Most mixing rules lifted outdoors, with a limit of 30 people meeting in parks or gardens.

• Indoor mixing will be allowed, up to six people or, if it is more people, two households.

• Indoor venues such as the inside of pubs and restaurants, hotels and B&Bs, play centres, cinemas and group exercise classes will reopen. The new indoor and outdoor mixing limits will remain for pubs and other hospitality venues.

• This will be the earliest date at which international holidays could resume, subject to a review – see the list of reviews below.

• For sport, indoor venues can have up to 1,000 spectators or half capacity, whichever is lower; outdoors the limit will be 4,000 people or half capacity, whichever is lower. Very large outdoor seated venues, such as big football stadiums, where crowds can be spread out, will have a limit of 10,000 people, or a quarter full, whichever is fewer.

Advert:

5 hours ago, jonti1969 said:

She was only 56 and had no underlying health issues

So sorry to read of your sad loss. Must be so difficult for you, but another reason why the unlocking should not be done too quickly.  I'm sure I speak for many in saying that mine and many others thoughts are with you.

Jonti terrible news. Are thoughts are with you 

Sorry, I missed this post. Condolences, Jonti. How heartbreaking.

7 hours ago, jonti1969 said:

Sorry for your loss Jonti

Advert:

Working in hospitality. Part of me is worried about opening up especially with the Euro's round the corner , the idiots will be out in full force and God help us if they bring eat out back.

On the other hand I can't wait to see family and friends and just be able to have a pint like the normal days. 

Long way to go yet and I'm always skeptical with this government but man this second Lockdown has broken me.  

7 hours ago, jonti1969 said:

So sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Working in hospitality. Part of me is worried about opening up especially with the Euro's round the corner , the idiots will be out in full force and God help us if they bring eat out back.

On the other hand I can't wait to see family and friends and just be able to have a pint like the normal days. 

Long way to go yet and I'm always skeptical with this government but man this second Lockdown has broken me.  

Illegitimi non carborundum