Coronavirus

robf

Advert:

5 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

He has gone for a bike ride 7 miles away if the headline is correct 

boris ain’t perfect I know but Christ that picking at straws for me 

Piers Morgan’s Xmas holiday is far worse after how he has gobbed off most mornings on tv about lockdowns and everything else the government has done wrong in his opinion 

how many times did he say cancel Xmas leaving older members of our familys alone at home while he goes on holiday with his 

Morgan is not the PM nor a government official making the law for other people to respect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geosname said:

If you have police enforcement of rules the rules should be enforced on all equally.

I have no idea what Morgan has said. 

If the police fine 2 women 5 miles from home for walking and say carrying a coffee is classed as a picnic it's fair to suggest Boris 7 miles from home with his security should also be fined..... and his security.... although they are working and probably classed as essential..... so he can find his way home at a guess.

The question isn't who breaks the rules it should be have the rules been broken.

We cold have a lengthy discussion of the differences between rules and laws and the application of penalties by discretion but the simple issue is if the rule applies it applies to all.

The fines have been cancelled.

Advert:

Lots of Photos of the governments privately awarded £30 food box online today. One example attached. Someone is profiting from poverty.

Contract awarded to private business instead of following Rashfords excellent suggestion of extending free school meals.

This was the topic I found most frustrating last year, people refused to look past their party bias and accept that there was a brilliant solution. The mental gymnastics some went through on here was amazing.

076AF0FF-58D8-467F-A363-5CF5B3460E9B.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Lots of Photos of the governments privately awarded £30 food box online today. One example attached. Someone is profiting from poverty.

Contract awarded to private business instead of following Rashfords excellent suggestion of extending free school meals.

This was the topic I found most frustrating last year, people refused to look past their party bias and accept that there was a brilliant solution. The mental gymnastics some went through on here was amazing.

076AF0FF-58D8-467F-A363-5CF5B3460E9B.jpeg

Chartwells, part of Compass  Catering, the worlds biggest.              Asda price £5.22

Chartwell's former boss is Paul Walsh - a Tory Donor, a member of David Cameron's advisory group, and a man who signed a letter urging people to vote Tory.

Ben Bradley and Mark Jenkinson's unfounded, damaging carping about parents using FSM 'vouchers' in crack dens and brothels (sources: https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/oct/24/ben-bradley-under-pressure-to-apologise-over-free-school-meals-tweets, https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/tory-mps-ridiculed-after-suggesting-food-parcels-get-traded-for-drugs/24/10/) led to the transition from a voucher system to private firms providing the meals, such as Chartwell. People have spread the view that the parents of children on FSM will spend it on alcohol, which is completely impossible, as the vouchers can only be scanned for certain goods.

Even if we allow expenses for storage and transport, does that box really add up to £30? If so, you've got to ask questions about the supposed efficiencies of the free market. If not, deeper questions remain about where the extra money has gone to.

Of course, combined with the PPE and testing contracts (sources: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-testing-randox-owen-paterson-b1613424.html, https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/04/tory-linked-firm-involved-in-testing-failure-awarded-new-347m-covid-contracthttps://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4489) , a pattern is emerging.

However, a majority of the population don't care about this sort of issue for it to have any meaningful impact, as this has been happening for months and there has been no real poll hit.

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

As Kelly Cates has just put on Twitter... of you don’t care about starving children, maybe you will care about £30 of your tax payers money being spent on £5 of food.

61D25D48-3B8A-4F3A-A878-A68F7688DDA6.jpeg

That’s made me so angry. The kind of people who would profit off this, there are no words. ‘Poor people will just spend it on booze and drugs, so let’s give the money to our rich mates. The poor can then appreciate our kindness in giving them a tin of beans and half a carrot’. I’m literally seeing pictures of parcels with half a tomato and a clump of carrot in it. They can’t even give a whole carrot.

seem this posted online as an example as to what £30 can buy. This is theft from the most. Vulnerable, so I’m expecting zero accountability to those profiting off it.

7B15276C-38BA-4E62-AF23-AAEC6283B98D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:
23 hours ago, philpvfc said:
We already are, that’s my point. LV says we are 2 weeks behind on deaths reported so either way you look at it, his bell curve of deaths by date or the figures released by the Government which tell us we are over 1000 deaths a day.

I'm sure we will see 1,000 actual deaths in a day soon but you were saying that we'll see deaths averaging 1,000 per day. You'd have to have a number of weeks of 1,000 deaths a day to have an average anywhere near 1,000 deaths in this latest phase.

No I didn’t, I said we are seeing over 1000 deaths a day now and all bar one day in the last 5 we have seen 1000 deaths. 

Advert:

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

As Kelly Cates has just put on Twitter... of you don’t care about starving children, maybe you will care about £30 of your tax payers money being spent on £5 of food.

61D25D48-3B8A-4F3A-A878-A68F7688DDA6.jpeg

Tory Britain 

Edited by ginge