Jump to content

Coronavirus


robf

Recommended Posts

Ever wondered why there are no other sources apart from one full of nutters?
Sustained, relentless propoganda against those who hold a different view. Called selfish, murderers, I'm alright Jack.l, scum, granny killers and you wonder why people are scared to air their views?

People have been attacked for not wearing a mask, arrested for meeting with friends, separated at funerals, stopped from seeing their loved ones before they die, had to leave their mums and dads in care homes scared and alone. Can you understand why some people are angry? But if it just saves one life right? Those who support this never want to admit or face up to the tsunami of death and destruction they are causing and conveniently never address that argument.

However, if you look at the comments on social media, newspapers, other forums, there is definitely a far bigger sceptical audience than the 'polls' would have you believe. It is shown, and I am not condoning law breaking, by the amounts of people who are actively bending or breaking the rules. It's shown through the amount of people who were outraged by the arrest of two women whose crime was to grab a coffee whilst out walking. There was a young lady on radio 4 this morning, saying that her cancer had returned but she can't get access to the necessary treatment, not through lack of resources but because many of her follow ups were cancelled, it's now terminal and most of her appointments are on Zoom ffs . But if it only saves one life hey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


So your data is different to the government? I’m sure they only mentioned earlier the daily average being close to 1000? ‘Peak’ guess 45k new infections a day and 1k dying a day is nothing then. Unbelievable 
It's not true I'm telling you! I'm not glorifying the death figures but if you actually go by date of death, there has been one day in this recent wave of around 690 deaths. It's a mathematical impossibility to average nearly 1000 deaths per day if your highest number of the data set is 600 odd on any given day. I'm off to get the graph from sky news to show you. Jeez, no wonder the population is teriffied!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
14 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:
So your data is different to the government? I’m sure they only mentioned earlier the daily average being close to 1000? ‘Peak’ guess 45k new infections a day and 1k dying a day is nothing then. Unbelievable 

It's not true I'm telling you! I'm not glorifying the death figures but if you actually go by date of death, there has been one day in this recent wave of around 690 deaths. It's a mathematical impossibility to average nearly 1000 deaths per day if your highest number of the data set is 600 odd on any given day. I'm off to get the graph from sky news to show you. Jeez, no wonder the population is teriffied!

Show how you come up with this figure as it does not match the figure given out by the Government. Less than 1000 today which is the first day for 5 days as Sundays deaths do tend to take longer to register.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Sustained, relentless propoganda against those who hold a different view. Called selfish, murderers, I'm alright Jack.l, scum, granny killers and you wonder why people are scared to air their views?

People have been attacked for not wearing a mask, arrested for meeting with friends, separated at funerals, stopped from seeing their loved ones before they die, had to leave their mums and dads in care homes scared and alone. Can you understand why some people are angry? But if it just saves one life right? Those who support this never want to admit or face up to the tsunami of death and destruction they are causing and conveniently never address that argument.

However, if you look at the comments on social media, newspapers, other forums, there is definitely a far bigger sceptical audience than the 'polls' would have you believe. It is shown, and I am not condoning law breaking, by the amounts of people who are actively bending or breaking the rules. It's shown through the amount of people who were outraged by the arrest of two women whose crime was to grab a coffee whilst out walking. There was a young lady on radio 4 this morning, saying that her cancer had returned but she can't get access to the necessary treatment, not through lack of resources but because many of her follow ups were cancelled, it's now terminal and most of her appointments are on Zoom ffs . But if it only saves one life hey?

They should be arrested for meeting friends it’s not allowed. If you can medically wear a mask you have to wear one. A good idea would be if everyone just <ovf censored> listened and then we would be out of this much quicker. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


4 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Sustained, relentless propoganda against those who hold a different view. Called selfish, murderers, I'm alright Jack.l, scum, granny killers and you wonder why people are scared to air their views?

People have been attacked for not wearing a mask, arrested for meeting with friends, separated at funerals, stopped from seeing their loved ones before they die, had to leave their mums and dads in care homes scared and alone. Can you understand why some people are angry? But if it just saves one life right? Those who support this never want to admit or face up to the tsunami of death and destruction they are causing and conveniently never address that argument.

However, if you look at the comments on social media, newspapers, other forums, there is definitely a far bigger sceptical audience than the 'polls' would have you believe. It is shown, and I am not condoning law breaking, by the amounts of people who are actively bending or breaking the rules. It's shown through the amount of people who were outraged by the arrest of two women whose crime was to grab a coffee whilst out walking. There was a young lady on radio 4 this morning, saying that her cancer had returned but she can't get access to the necessary treatment, not through lack of resources but because many of her follow ups were cancelled, it's now terminal and most of her appointments are on Zoom ffs . But if it only saves one life hey?

From the cancer research website:

But we’ve been hearing that patients requiring major surgery aren’t able to have it as either there are no recovery beds with ventilation, no ICU beds if surgery were to go wrong or because the surgery is just too risky for patients and staff.
 

Maybe, just maybe this suggests how horrific the pandemic is, and by doing your best to fight the procedures put in place isn’t going to help end it quicker, and is in fact prolonging the pain. You’re rightly concerned as to operations being cancelled but are completely ignoring why they are being cancelled. Do you really think the doctors are cancelling them without very good reason? 
my wife is in the most severe clinically vulnerable group. Her doctors have been amazing. At times her appointments are virtual to protect her, for her own well being. Her treatment at one point was paused as it was just too dangerous, but we are now in a position to go ahead with it. She sees countless experts, some very well respected, and every single one has been clear on how serious the situation is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the cancer research website:
But we’ve been hearing that patients requiring major surgery aren’t able to have it as either there are no recovery beds with ventilation, no ICU beds if surgery were to go wrong or because the surgery is just too risky for patients and staff.
 
Maybe, just maybe this suggests how horrific the pandemic is, and by doing your best to fight the procedures put in place isn’t going to help end it quicker, and is in fact prolonging the pain. You’re rightly concerned as to operations being cancelled but are completely ignoring why they are being cancelled. Do you really think the doctors are cancelling them without very good reason? 
my wife is in the most severe clinically vulnerable group. Her doctors have been amazing. At times her appointments are virtual to protect her, for her own well being. Her treatment at one point was paused as it was just too dangerous, but we are now in a position to go ahead with it. She sees countless experts, some very well respected, and every single one has been clear on how serious the situation is.
So therefore you surely see that we are robbing Peter to pay Paul but making the situation twice as bad? We're trying to save one life by affecting the lives and mortality of many more. Can you not see the logic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I got the highest number of deaths wrong, it is nearly 800 deaths on one particular day. You can see that the average never goes much higher than 600 893584874_Screenshot_20210111-205650_Samsung20Internet.thumb.jpeg.c643ce061bf54d593a4baf93cd615228.jpeg
 

The graph does not show when the data goes up to, it states it is updated today but as you said, deaths are reported days after the event so if true by looking at the curve we are well over 1000 deaths a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, leedsvaliant said:
7 minutes ago, Andyregs said:
From the cancer research website:
But we’ve been hearing that patients requiring major surgery aren’t able to have it as either there are no recovery beds with ventilation, no ICU beds if surgery were to go wrong or because the surgery is just too risky for patients and staff.
 
Maybe, just maybe this suggests how horrific the pandemic is, and by doing your best to fight the procedures put in place isn’t going to help end it quicker, and is in fact prolonging the pain. You’re rightly concerned as to operations being cancelled but are completely ignoring why they are being cancelled. Do you really think the doctors are cancelling them without very good reason? 
my wife is in the most severe clinically vulnerable group. Her doctors have been amazing. At times her appointments are virtual to protect her, for her own well being. Her treatment at one point was paused as it was just too dangerous, but we are now in a position to go ahead with it. She sees countless experts, some very well respected, and every single one has been clear on how serious the situation is.

So therefore you surely see that we are robbing Peter to pay Paul but making the situation twice as bad? We're trying to save one life by affecting the lives and mortality of many more. Can you not see the logic?

That Dosent make sense. It would be much worse if we weren’t in lockdown trying to protect the NHS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, philpvfc said:

The graph does not show when the data goes up to, it states it is updated today but as you said, deaths are reported days after the event so if true by looking at the curve we are well over 1000 deaths a day.

Hancock said today we will see the worst results in around 2 weeks time. There is no doubt we will be over 1k deaths a day then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Just now, valiant_593 said:

Hancock said today we will see the worst results in around 2 weeks time. There is no doubt we will be over 1k deaths a day then 

We already are, that’s my point. LV says we are 2 weeks behind on deaths reported so either way you look at it, his bell curve of deaths by date or the figures released by the Government which tell us we are over 1000 deaths a day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
8 minutes ago, Andyregs said:
From the cancer research website:
But we’ve been hearing that patients requiring major surgery aren’t able to have it as either there are no recovery beds with ventilation, no ICU beds if surgery were to go wrong or because the surgery is just too risky for patients and staff.
 
Maybe, just maybe this suggests how horrific the pandemic is, and by doing your best to fight the procedures put in place isn’t going to help end it quicker, and is in fact prolonging the pain. You’re rightly concerned as to operations being cancelled but are completely ignoring why they are being cancelled. Do you really think the doctors are cancelling them without very good reason? 
my wife is in the most severe clinically vulnerable group. Her doctors have been amazing. At times her appointments are virtual to protect her, for her own well being. Her treatment at one point was paused as it was just too dangerous, but we are now in a position to go ahead with it. She sees countless experts, some very well respected, and every single one has been clear on how serious the situation is.

So therefore you surely see that we are robbing Peter to pay Paul but making the situation twice as bad? We're trying to save one life by affecting the lives and mortality of many more. Can you not see the logic?

No, it’s showing that the pandemic is real and serious and people fighting the procedures like you said you were doing, isn’t going to help. It’s literally the opposite of what you’re claiming. If you had your way, there would be less ICU beds etc, and it would be worse. My wife is going to have an operation soon, but if there aren’t any ICU beds available just in case, then she won’t be able to. So perhaps you can see why anti lockdown knobheads make me angry. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
11 minutes ago, Andyregs said:
From the cancer research website:
But we’ve been hearing that patients requiring major surgery aren’t able to have it as either there are no recovery beds with ventilation, no ICU beds if surgery were to go wrong or because the surgery is just too risky for patients and staff.
 
Maybe, just maybe this suggests how horrific the pandemic is, and by doing your best to fight the procedures put in place isn’t going to help end it quicker, and is in fact prolonging the pain. You’re rightly concerned as to operations being cancelled but are completely ignoring why they are being cancelled. Do you really think the doctors are cancelling them without very good reason? 
my wife is in the most severe clinically vulnerable group. Her doctors have been amazing. At times her appointments are virtual to protect her, for her own well being. Her treatment at one point was paused as it was just too dangerous, but we are now in a position to go ahead with it. She sees countless experts, some very well respected, and every single one has been clear on how serious the situation is.

So therefore you surely see that we are robbing Peter to pay Paul but making the situation twice as bad? We're trying to save one life by affecting the lives and mortality of many more. Can you not see the logic?

I do agree with you that other illnesses should not be put back where possible but it only takes the smallest of things for the NHS to take these measures, Covid will be used as an excuse when possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We already are, that’s my point. LV says we are 2 weeks behind on deaths reported so either way you look at it, his bell curve of deaths by date or the figures released by the Government which tell us we are over 1000 deaths a day.
I'm sure we will see 1,000 actual deaths in a day soon but you were saying that we'll see deaths averaging 1,000 per day. You'd have to have a number of weeks of 1,000 deaths a day to have an average anywhere near 1,000 deaths in this latest phase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it’s showing that the pandemic is real and serious and people fighting the procedures like you said you were doing, isn’t going to help. It’s literally the opposite of what you’re claiming. If you had your way, there would be less ICU beds etc, and it would be worse. My wife is going to have an operation soon, but if there aren’t any ICU beds available just in case, then she won’t be able to. So perhaps you can see why anti lockdown knobheads make me angry. 
I've always said it's real but locking up a 99% healthy population, closing the NHS and ruining lives and livelihoods is not the solution. Even the WHO don't recommend lockdowns. They've never been tried before and we have no idea of the long term consequences. The fact that people can't get access to a bed, even in a pandemic, speaks volumes for the chronic mismanagement of the health service. It exists to protect us, not the other way around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 minute ago, leedsvaliant said:
8 minutes ago, Andyregs said:
No, it’s showing that the pandemic is real and serious and people fighting the procedures like you said you were doing, isn’t going to help. It’s literally the opposite of what you’re claiming. If you had your way, there would be less ICU beds etc, and it would be worse. My wife is going to have an operation soon, but if there aren’t any ICU beds available just in case, then she won’t be able to. So perhaps you can see why anti lockdown knobheads make me angry. 

I've always said it's real but locking up a 99% healthy population, closing the NHS and ruining lives and livelihoods is not the solution. Even the WHO don't recommend lockdowns. They've never been tried before and we have no idea of the long term consequences. The fact that people can't get access to a bed, even in a pandemic, speaks volumes for the chronic mismanagement of the health service. It exists to protect us, not the other way around.

They haven’t closed the nhs. They had to bring in thousands of volunteers for gods sake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do agree with you that other illnesses should not be put back where possible but it only takes the smallest of things for the NHS to take these measures, Covid will be used as an excuse when possible.
I agree. It will be used as an excuse for evermore but it's not the virus causing this, it's calculated government policy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, leedsvaliant said:
9 minutes ago, philpvfc said:
I do agree with you that other illnesses should not be put back where possible but it only takes the smallest of things for the NHS to take these measures, Covid will be used as an excuse when possible.

I agree. It will be used as an excuse for evermore but it's not the virus causing this, it's calculated government policy.

Don’t say you aren’t a conspiracy theorist then. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...