• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Coronavirus

robf

You are basically saying there is a difference between being in hospital with covid and being in hospital because of covid... I agree....
it's a pity these figures are not differentiated .
it would also be usefull to know the different figures between being infected and being affected...... and dying with covid or dying from of covid.
I doubt a comprehensive accounting will ever be public knowledge from official sources.
Pretty much. I think that it will come to light that they have been overcounting, particularly in this second wave. No doubt that some people are dying of Covid-19, but we can't gauge the severity of it as overall mortality is not that much higher than normal particularly if you account for population growth and age. This suggests that people are actually dying of other things but being labelled as Covid-19.

Many elderly people succumb to pneumonia and the symptoms are similar to Covid-19. If they test positive in hospital and die of Covid-19 then they will be labelled as a Covid-19 death and not pneumonia, which in an ordinary world would not happen.

A guy from one of the hospitals down south admitted that it's not necessarily the number of patients, but the fact that many available beds are not being used due to distancing and many staff are off isolating.

Advert:

I do hear the argument 'Covid Positive but not in hospital from Covid/dying from Covid' a lot, but I seriously question the viewpoint that there are vast swathes of people both picking up injuries + illnesses needing hospital treatment WHILST ALSO being positive for Covid, considering you have an approximately 2-3 week window to test positive.
So, if we're to believe this argument, there just happens to be loads of people needing hospital care who happen to also fall into that 2-3 week window. It's very, very unlikely. There might be a few, but not the vast majority.
I personally believe it's far more likely that the vast, vast majority of people who have been admitted to hospital have done so because of Covid issues, and not unrelated issues that happen to need attention at the exact same time they contract the virus. You're doing mental gymnastics to suggest otherwise.
What's more concerning is the case numbers we are seeing (50-60,000 per day) is yet to impact hospitals still - it usually takes a week or two for those positive cases to result in rise in hospital admissions.
If we're already near/at the peak, where might we be in 1-2 weeks?
30% of infections occur in hospital, so this probably accounts for a lot of the numbers.

10 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Has anyone seen the interview with the NHS pathfinders Chief Executive on Talk Radio this morning? I know this station isn't everyone's cup of tea, but Julia Hartley Brewer did a fantastic job in probing the difficult questions that 'experts' seemingly don't want to answer. Namely, using PHE data to refute his claims that the NHS is more overwhelmed than at any time. He basically used the anecdotal method of 'I've been speaking to a colleague who says this is the worst he's ever experienced '. JHB came back with actual data about admittance for a number of respiratory related illnesses flatlining and way below normal trends. She also cited death stats which suggest that this is nothing like the Spring...yes there are excess deaths but if you look over the last 20 years it is nothing exceptional, and before people say 'but lockdown!' , she cited the Lancet as saying that lockdowns have no real effect on mortality.

He kept coming back to the fact that 5,000 people have been admitted who are Covid positive in the last week but when it was presented to him that Covid positive doesn't mean they are actually ill because of Covid, he had literally no comeback. 4,999 of those could be in hospital for heart attacks, cancer, a broken leg, yet if they test positive it's a Covid patient . It's an absolute scandal that nobody from the BBC or ITV is questioning the data.

I can't believe either that people aren't furious about the comments coming out about further restrictions next winter. Surely vaccinating enough people means that we don't need ANY measures? I think if they do try and keep measures ongoing you will see open revolt. Remember poll taxes?

Nice to see Talk Radio back after being taken down by YouTube earlier in the week for daring to challenge Covid policies.

17 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
25 minutes ago, Joe B said:
I do hear the argument 'Covid Positive but not in hospital from Covid/dying from Covid' a lot, but I seriously question the viewpoint that there are vast swathes of people both picking up injuries + illnesses needing hospital treatment WHILST ALSO being positive for Covid, considering you have an approximately 2-3 week window to test positive.
So, if we're to believe this argument, there just happens to be loads of people needing hospital care who happen to also fall into that 2-3 week window. It's very, very unlikely. There might be a few, but not the vast majority.
I personally believe it's far more likely that the vast, vast majority of people who have been admitted to hospital have done so because of Covid issues, and not unrelated issues that happen to need attention at the exact same time they contract the virus. You're doing mental gymnastics to suggest otherwise.
What's more concerning is the case numbers we are seeing (50-60,000 per day) is yet to impact hospitals still - it usually takes a week or two for those positive cases to result in rise in hospital admissions.
If we're already near/at the peak, where might we be in 1-2 weeks?

30% of infections occur in hospital, so this probably accounts for a lot of the numbers.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but do you have a source for that?

Advert:

The statistics (the definitive facts) suggest otherwise. Anecdotal evidence isn't good enough nor is evidence without context on previous years. It's bound to 'feel' worse as there are less beds and less staff.

Nice to see Talk Radio back after being taken down by YouTube earlier in the week for daring to challenge Covid policies.
It's a disgrace. They don't use heresay and challenge people using facts.

Did you know that until recently (when it was overturned in court) Ofcom would not allow anything that went against the official narrative?

No wonder people don't want to question things.
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

A guy from one of the hospitals down south admitted that it's not necessarily the number of patients, but the fact that many available beds are not being used due to distancing and many staff are off isolating.

12 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

. Anecdotal evidence isn't good enough nor is evidence without context on previous years. It's bound to 'feel' worse as there are less beds and less staff.

Lol

But if the head of the NHS and the British medical journal are anecdotal and not good enough, but ‘a guy down sarf’ is, then I don’t know what to say. 

• Like 1

Advert:

34 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
54 minutes ago, Andyregs said:
Lol
But if the head of the NHS and the British medical journal are anecdotal and not good enough, but ‘a guy down sarf’ is, then I don’t know what to say. 

Not backed up by data though, whereas the guy down south is.

Apart from he data in the actual article, are you saying the head of the NHS and the British medical journal are now conspiring to misinform the general public in order to.....

• Like 1

Advert:

37 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
51 minutes ago, Andyregs said:
Apart from he data in the actual article, are you saying the head of the NHS and the British medical journal are now conspiring to misinform the general public in order to.....

No, but they're using data without context.

THey are either correct or the BMJ and the head of the NHS are purposely misinforming the public as to the severity of the situation. FOr reasons you refuse to say. 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-major-incident-declared-in-london-due-to-hospital-pressure-12182329

Is this enough context? Or just more examples of the deep state trying to control us?

From what I think I understand....... I could be wrong.

The vaccine does not prevent people contracting the virus, it triggers the immune system to fight, and reduce effects.

Some people who have contracted the virus have no or very limited effects.

If the above is correct the contagion rate, the positive tests recorded, create a slightly misleading picture.