Coronavirus

robf

9 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Should the league be suspended, is there a certain number of games teams have to have played before promotion and relegation is decided.?

I am pretty sure it was decided for the 20/21 season, may even have been 30 games. I assume someone on here knows

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

The inventor of the PCR test is dead and there is no record of him stating that it is unreliable and not meant for mass testing.

Not according to Facebook research 🤣

I don't call this a lockdown we are just playing at it, how come BET 365 can carry on ? how is online gambling a essential service ?
Over 1k daily deaths it should have been properly locked down on Boxing day get the armed services on the streets to keep the morons at bay shut the borders ffs and if you have to travel you should be compulsory tested when you get home as I said we are just playing at it Rant over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest data on European vaccinations from @OurWorldData.

France 138                                  Ireland 1800                            Portugal 16,701                            Italy  45,667                            Germany 165,575                               UK 1,000,000

Edited by For Us All

4 hours ago, Mario said:

I don't call this a lockdown we are just playing at it, how come BET 365 can carry on ? how is online gambling a essential service ?
Over 1k daily deaths it should have been properly locked down on Boxing day get the armed services on the streets to keep the morons at bay shut the borders ffs and if you have to travel you should be compulsory tested when you get home as I said we are just playing at it Rant over.

It isn't an essential service. My lad works for the company and has been working from home since the end of October. Those that are in can't.

Agree about the current lockdown this is nothing like the first one where you could look up the main road and not see a car.

Edited by vallyunt

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

France 138                                  Ireland 1800                            Portugal 16,701                            Italy  45,667                            Germany 165,575                               UK 1,000,000

Pro rata  to the deaths unfortunately.

14 hours ago, For Us All said:

What a wonderful government we have 1,000,000 vaccinated makes up for all the balls ups they’ve done and the fact we’ve had the most deaths in Europe 

Has anyone seen the interview with the NHS pathfinders Chief Executive on Talk Radio this morning? I know this station isn't everyone's cup of tea, but Julia Hartley Brewer did a fantastic job in probing the difficult questions that 'experts' seemingly don't want to answer. Namely, using PHE data to refute his claims that the NHS is more overwhelmed than at any time. He basically used the anecdotal method of 'I've been speaking to a colleague who says this is the worst he's ever experienced '. JHB came back with actual data about admittance for a number of respiratory related illnesses flatlining and way below normal trends. She also cited death stats which suggest that this is nothing like the Spring...yes there are excess deaths but if you look over the last 20 years it is nothing exceptional, and before people say 'but lockdown!' , she cited the Lancet as saying that lockdowns have no real effect on mortality.

He kept coming back to the fact that 5,000 people have been admitted who are Covid positive in the last week but when it was presented to him that Covid positive doesn't mean they are actually ill because of Covid, he had literally no comeback. 4,999 of those could be in hospital for heart attacks, cancer, a broken leg, yet if they test positive it's a Covid patient . It's an absolute scandal that nobody from the BBC or ITV is questioning the data.

I can't believe either that people aren't furious about the comments coming out about further restrictions next winter. Surely vaccinating enough people means that we don't need ANY measures? I think if they do try and keep measures ongoing you will see open revolt. Remember poll taxes?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Has anyone seen the interview with the NHS pathfinders Chief Executive on Talk Radio this morning? I know this station isn't everyone's cup of tea, but Julia Hartley Brewer did a fantastic job in probing the difficult questions that 'experts' seemingly don't want to answer. Namely, using PHE data to refute his claims that the NHS is more overwhelmed than at any time. He basically used the anecdotal method of 'I've been speaking to a colleague who says this is the worst he's ever experienced '. JHB came back with actual data about admittance for a number of respiratory related illnesses flatlining and way below normal trends. She also cited death stats which suggest that this is nothing like the Spring...yes there are excess deaths but if you look over the last 20 years it is nothing exceptional, and before people say 'but lockdown!' , she cited the Lancet as saying that lockdowns have no real effect on mortality.

He kept coming back to the fact that 5,000 people have been admitted who are Covid positive in the last week but when it was presented to him that Covid positive doesn't mean they are actually ill because of Covid, he had literally no comeback. 4,999 of those could be in hospital for heart attacks, cancer, a broken leg, yet if they test positive it's a Covid patient . It's an absolute scandal that nobody from the BBC or ITV is questioning the data.

I can't believe either that people aren't furious about the comments coming out about further restrictions next winter. Surely vaccinating enough people means that we don't need ANY measures? I think if they do try and keep measures ongoing you will see open revolt. Remember poll taxes?

You are basically saying there is a difference between being in hospital with covid and being in hospital because of covid... I agree....

it's a pity these figures are not differentiated .

it would also be usefull to know the different figures between being infected and being affected...... and dying with covid or dying from of covid.

I doubt a comprehensive accounting will ever be public knowledge from official sources.

8 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Wouldn't pay any attention to that far right nutter. 

20210108_091439.jpg

Edited by ginge
  • Like 1

Wouldn't pay any attention to that far right nutter. 
20210108_091439.jpg.b753de5a9cd41ca55ecc057429ad5980.jpg
Mmm. I'm pretty left leaning but I wouldn't describe her as far right. Her dad was a GP, so by default you would think she would be 'towing the party line '.

She's right to question some of the predictions, most of which have been wildly inaccurate. Remember 4,000 deaths a day?

They had also predicted that happening when it didn't at that particular moment in time. Everyone knew that things would get worse towards December but they made this prediction about a coming week way back in the summer.

I do hear the argument 'Covid Positive but not in hospital from Covid/dying from Covid' a lot, but I seriously question the viewpoint that there are vast swathes of people both picking up injuries + illnesses needing hospital treatment WHILST ALSO being positive for Covid, considering you have an approximately 2-3 week window to test positive.

So, if we're to believe this argument, there just happens to be loads of people needing hospital care who happen to also fall into that 2-3 week window. It's very, very unlikely. There might be a few, but not the vast majority.

I personally believe it's far more likely that the vast, vast majority of people who have been admitted to hospital have done so because of Covid issues, and not unrelated issues that happen to need attention at the exact same time they contract the virus. You're doing mental gymnastics to suggest otherwise.

What's more concerning is the case numbers we are seeing (50-60,000 per day) is yet to impact hospitals still - it usually takes a week or two for those positive cases to result in rise in hospital admissions.

If we're already near/at the peak, where might we be in 1-2 weeks?

Edited by Joe B