1 hour ago, geosname said:

The county council said it would give a £15 voucher to the families of 18,000 children to spend in supermarkets on food or essential supplies.

The scheme will be available to those who are entitled to free school meals during term time.

Better idea.

I though the concept of essential supplies was confusing? 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

If football matches here had to be played behind closed doors,  Sjoke would still count 23000 attendance. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, geosname said:

The county council said it would give a £15 voucher to the families of 18,000 children to spend in supermarkets on food or essential supplies.

The scheme will be available to those who are entitled to free school meals during term time.

Better idea.

And then you get parents going into a supermarket, as they do everyday at the supermarket where my daughter works,and spending the vouchers on alcohol.

i should add, she refuses to serve them, but it’s against company policy and she could get into trouble at work for it.

Edited by Conrad

6 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I’m unfortunately not surprised at the group on here who have taken the stance of we shouldn’t feed hungry kids. 

@For Us All is too scared to even answer the question as to why he is blindly backing Boris because he is too weak to even think something through himself and just wants to suckle as Johnson’s teet. He is waiting for someone else to come up with an answer so he can say that’s what he was thinking all along.

Well said IC bang on mate 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Maybe because parents should take accountability. One less pack of fags, half a dozen less scratchcards and a few less cans of Fosters would put food on the table.

What about those British people whose religion doesn’t allow gambling and drinking? 

Why are they being punished because Wayne and Waynetta slob are trying to milk the British government? 

3 minutes ago, Conrad said:

And then you get parents going into a supermarket, as they do everyday at the supermarket where my daughter works,and spending the vouchers on alcohol.

That should come under neglect and is actionable

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I though the concept of essential supplies was confusing? 

The concept of essential isn't confusing..... providing you define what essential is.

The principal of helping parents is good..... taking over and doing it for them isn't.

12 minutes ago, Conrad said:

i should add, she refuses to serve them, but it’s against company policy and she could get into trouble at work for it.

Good for her, it should be policy not against it. Another area that needs to change.

4 minutes ago, geosname said:

Good for her, it should be policy not against it. Another area that needs to change.

She’s told her manager, and he said “we’re still getting the money”

if we’d  had a proper lock down in the first place we would be in a far better position now.

only food shops to open.

if you don’t get your hair done you won’t die.

if you don’t get your nails done you won’t die.

same goes for going out for a drink or eating out.

to much emphasis has been put on money, I’ve said before, what’s the point of a strong economy if every buggers dead.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

I’m unfortunately not surprised at the group on here who have taken the stance of we shouldn’t feed hungry kids. 

@For Us All is too scared to even answer the question as to why he is blindly backing Boris because he is too weak to even think something through himself and just wants to suckle as Johnson’s teet. He is waiting for someone else to come up with an answer so he can say that’s what he was thinking all along.

Please keep up.

See reply two comments after you asked the question.

Ahhhhh the old... they are all bad parents argument. 

This is such a sad indictment of how certain people think of British people. 

This argument is an absolute none starter, we don’t stop all disability benefits because some people cheat them.

We don’t stop dole payments because some people do cash in hand work to cheat that system?

But hungry, malnourished kids... f@@k em.

We shouldn’t punish the kids for the parents actions.

No we shouldn’t but the British tax payer shouldn’t have to pick up the bill constantly for parents who don’t put their priorities in the right order. We feed the children in school time and rightly so but out of school it is the parents responsibility and should be. 

• Thanks 1

What about those British people whose religion doesn’t allow gambling and drinking? 

Why are they being punished because Wayne and Waynetta slob are trying to milk the British government? 

And maybe they are the parents who are providing food on the table. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, geosname said:

The concept of essential isn't confusing..... providing you define what essential is.

The principal of helping parents is good..... taking over and doing it for them isn't.

The Labour party have been moaning and opposing the 'nanny state' recently but like the hypocrites they are,suddenly change their stance when they can score political points.

3 minutes ago, For Us All said:

The Labour party have been moaning and opposing the 'nanny state' recently but like the hypocrites they are,suddenly change their stance when they can score political points.

Purely for political gain. If money grew on trees then we could afford to pay out on every good cause but there are more important areas that money needs to be spent, especially at this current time. 

15 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

And maybe they are the parents who are providing food on the table. 

Maybe they aren’t you don’t know. 

You have made it clear, you don’t want a tiny slice of your taxes going to feed hungry kids out of school time. 

Top man!

25 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Please keep up.

See reply two comments after you asked the question.

Oh Einstein, if you going to play the “keep up” card it tends to work best if you are not wrong.Other wise you just look stupid.

you answered

a) Is it that you don't actually know what was being voted on as demonstrated in your post, 

answer: I know what they voted for.

counter: no you didn’t because you quoted it wrong.

b) You don't agree that disadvantaged kids should get FSM for 260 odd days a year??

Answer: you believe they should get food in school time.

Brand new question that you have been too scarred to answer until someone else answered it first

Why don’t you believe they should get fed outside of school hours?