2 hours ago, geosname said:

Coronavirus: Non-league football restarts with 30% crowds.

When non-league football was suspended in March clubs like Bashley FC struggled to survive.

More than six months later the season has restarted and FA guidelines allow for socially distant crowds of up to 30% of the club's capacity.

Some non-league clubs are doing record business as suddenly they are the highest tier football spectator can see. 200 people gather round a stadium just as socially distanced as 50 can, but it's still a 400% increase in attendance figures. The phrase 'make hay while the sun shines' springs to mind.

Does anyone know how the different tiers affect going to non-league games btw?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

If football matches here had to be played behind closed doors,  Sjoke would still count 23000 attendance. 

Posted Images

I will try to expand that a little.....
Are sweets, biscuits, cake essentials? They may be necessary to calm a bawling kid. How about frozen foods? Newspapers? Alcohol? Tobacco? If pharmacies are open are they allowed to sell beauty products? Is boots closed except for prescriptions and other medicine's? 
If pubs, supermarkets etc are managing the virus regulations why can't other shops?
If people are allowed out why can't they buy what they want providing regulations are followed?
Can you buy none essentials online and have them delivered?
If there are just 10 people in the chain from manufacture to delivery and the product or packaging is contaminated it's a risk, the further up the chain the more people become at risk.... if the delivery person gets contaminated every package they touch runs the risk of being contaminated, every customer they deliver to runs the risk etc etc. 
Wash your hands after unpacking etc

4 hours ago, geosname said:

I can't say why the motion was lost..... except the obvious, it didn't get enough votes to win.

Personally....... just my opinion...... it's a step to far in the nanny state.

Should kids be fed?.... yes of course they should, but it's the parents responsibility to ensure they are, not the states.

There may be a flaw in the benefit system which may need to be addressed but I don't think providing free school meals out of term time is the answer.

Geo I say this will respect, and I know you are just trying to put a rational argument forward, so this isn’t a go at you but more the concept itself... but I read that and it just sounds stupid and wrong.

Kids are hungry.

Should they be fed, yes.

Do we have the means to do it, yes.

Then why is it not the answer... and what is?

Again, I’m not having a go at you, I just genuinely can’t get my head around this one!! 

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

@For Us All

Why not outside of school term? Why should we not provide disadvantage kids free meals outside of school time?

Why should be have to rely on good hearted folk like Carol and the Hubb Foundation to do it?  Why are parents more able to feed kids during the holidays?

3 hours ago, geosname said:

I can't say why the motion was lost..... except the obvious, it didn't get enough votes to win.

Personally....... just my opinion...... it's a step to far in the nanny state.

Should kids be fed?.... yes of course they should, but it's the parents responsibility to ensure they are, not the states.

There may be a flaw in the benefit system which may need to be addressed but I don't think providing free school meals out of term time is the answer.

I agree,there are much better long term solutions to consider. 

12 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Geo I say this will respect, and I know you are just trying to put a rational argument forward, so this isn’t a go at you but more the concept itself... but I read that and it just sounds stupid and wrong.

Kids are hungry.

Should they be fed, yes.

Do we have the means to do it, yes.

Then why is it not the answer... and what is?

Again, I’m not having a go at you, I just genuinely can’t get my head around this one!! 

On the premis that the welfare system was envisaged as a help not a take over of responsibility. Personal, parental or group.

I am in favour of the welfare system, although I think it is set up incorrectly, as a helping hand to those who need it when in distress but I am not in favour of the state taking over and allowing parents to abrogate their responsibilities as parents or as individuals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Why should be have to rely on good hearted folk like Carol and the Hubb Foundation to do it?  Why are parents more able to feed kids during the holidays?

If parents aren't able to feed their kids during holidays then either the benefits system is at fault or the parents are

13 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I agree,there are much better long term solutions to consider. 

There may well be - would like your suggestions - but the issue is now, not long term. The virus has exacerbated the problem with reduced incomes and job losses. We need short term as well as long term solutions. 

The county council said it would give a £15 voucher to the families of 18,000 children to spend in supermarkets on food or essential supplies.

The scheme will be available to those who are entitled to free school meals during term time.

Better idea.

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:
5 hours ago, geosname said:
I will try to expand that a little.....
Are sweets, biscuits, cake essentials? They may be necessary to calm a bawling kid. How about frozen foods? Newspapers? Alcohol? Tobacco? If pharmacies are open are they allowed to sell beauty products? Is boots closed except for prescriptions and other medicine's? 
If pubs, supermarkets etc are managing the virus regulations why can't other shops?
If people are allowed out why can't they buy what they want providing regulations are followed?
Can you buy none essentials online and have them delivered?
If there are just 10 people in the chain from manufacture to delivery and the product or packaging is contaminated it's a risk, the further up the chain the more people become at risk.... if the delivery person gets contaminated every package they touch runs the risk of being contaminated, every customer they deliver to runs the risk etc etc. 

Wash your hands after unpacking etc

That's assuming you are the only one to touch it and it hasn't contaminated anything else.

37 minutes ago, geosname said:

That's assuming you are the only one to touch it and it hasn't contaminated anything else.

It is only yourself that you are concerned with, what has gone on before does not matter, it is your hands that require washing before you touch your lips or eyes.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

@For Us All

Why not outside of school term? Why should we not provide disadvantage kids free meals outside of school time?

Maybe because parents should take accountability. One less pack of fags, half a dozen less scratchcards and a few less cans of Fosters would put food on the table.

14 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Maybe because parents should take accountability. One less pack of fags, half a dozen less scratchcards and a few less cans of Fosters would put food on the table.

Because every parent that can't feed their child is obviously in that situation because they spend it all on booze and fags yeah?

Unreal

11 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Ahhhhh the old... they are all bad parents argument. 

This is such a sad indictment of how certain people think of British people. 

This argument is an absolute none starter, we don’t stop all disability benefits because some people cheat them.

We don’t stop dole payments because some people do cash in hand work to cheat that system?

But hungry, malnourished kids... f@@k em.

We shouldn’t punish the kids for the parents actions.

17 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

I’m unfortunately not surprised at the group on here who have taken the stance of we shouldn’t feed hungry kids. 

@For Us All is too scared to even answer the question as to why he is blindly backing Boris because he is too weak to even think something through himself and just wants to suckle as Johnson’s teet. He is waiting for someone else to come up with an answer so he can say that’s what he was thinking all along.

• Like 1