Coronavirus

robf

19 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Yeh it will because more people will be in the supermarkets to buy cards, flowers, clothes, books etc... because going to the book shop is dangerous but going to Sainsburys isn't....  makes sense doesnt it.

Another type of book shop

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/nov/02/this-is-revolutionary-new-online-bookshop-unites-indies-to-rival-amazon

• Like 1

Advert:

7 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

I can understand editing one word but editing the whole sentence apart from what's left is just an attempt to make it look like something I didnt actually say.  

My money is on Geo trying to be clever again.

What I said was...

This lot need to sit down to have a wee!  (Although used the very naughty P word).  As in, they are so incompetent they couldn't even hit the bowl standing up with there own todgers!  

The edit made it look like I had said tis lot need to f off...

Not clever, I just found it offensive.

On 01/11/2020 at 17:26, Nofinikea said:

It wont will it.  Scientists seem to think the virus spreads through pubs, restraunts, gyms and small independent shops who were mainly operating on 2 or 3 in at any one time.  However, cramming into supermarkets where you queue up the Isles to checkout whilst people squeeze past you to get to the stuff on the shelves is perfectly safe...

I have felt much safer in the pub or the gym than I have in any supermarket I am now going to forced to go to. 

Cramming into supermarkets? They have limits on people that can enter and quite clear areas to stand... the same as small shops do so I don’t get your point there?

that last paragraph is laughable. Pubs barely took any notice of the restrictions. Every time I went to any of the pubs near me they were over crowded, full of drunks with no idea or care for restrictions (as a pub would be). How the hell is that safer than a shop where you have to where a mask and abide to social distancing rules? Pubs were opened to early last time, there have been so many insatances where pubs have had to close because of ignoring rules and being small breeding grounds for covid  

Gyms I would tend to agree with however just on a personal level someone in family did catch it from a gym so I suppose it depends on the gym? 

Why are you forced to go to a supermarket anyway? They do deliver? They also weren’t in any way crammed last time. 

I’ll tend to agree with the scientists who no what they’re on about.....

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

What "sit down to have a" ?

You ok?

Yes.

"Need to sit down" to urinate as a disparaging term (as used).....

50% of the population need to sit/squat/stoop to urinate (female) a smaller proportion need to sit for medical reasons.

Not all the government are male so don't have todgers as you refer to it.

As for hitting the bowl..... it should be quite obvious to anyone who has ever visited a gents public urinal that it seems an impossible task for a great number of males considering how wet the floors are. Whether that's down to impaired vision or the overestimation of their todgers size is anyone's guess. I would guess that a number of cleaners of houses and commercial premises would agree.

So yes I find it offensive to suggest anyone is "less than" if they don't stand to urinate.

Advert:

40 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Thanks for making me right though.  It was you trying to be clever again as you have demonstrated with this rather tenuous explanation.

I can find you a dozen disparaging remarks that you have failed to censor, some you have responded to yourself.  You simply abuse your admin privilege to try and gain an upper hand in your personal dislike of me.  Sad little man.

What makes you think I dislike you?

I would have to know you to dislike you, not something I envisage doing.

If you have a problem with my action I would approach Rob. 

Have you read the rules?

I thought I was being lenient,  I would normally simply delete the whole post.

As a PS..... im neither little nor sad.... although I have lost a little weight recently.

One guess as to what her husband does for a living.

Thats right... he’s a... all together now... Tory MP

omnishambles

The head of the government’s vaccine taskforce has failed to publicly declare that she manages private investments in two companies involved in the race to develop coronavirus drugs.

Kate Bingham is a managing partner at SV Health Investors, a venture capital firm. Two months after she was appointed by Boris Johnson, she said it was the “perfect time” to launch a fund that invested in a company researching coronavirus antibody cocktails, The Times can reveal.

154931A4-73F7-44B4-8E00-C07CE880BDEE.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

One guess as to what her husband does for a living.

Thats right... he’s a... all together now... Tory MP

omnishambles

The head of the government’s vaccine taskforce has failed to publicly declare that she manages private investments in two companies involved in the race to develop coronavirus drugs.

Kate Bingham is a managing partner at SV Health Investors, a venture capital firm. Two months after she was appointed by Boris Johnson, she said it was the “perfect time” to launch a fund that invested in a company researching coronavirus antibody cocktails, The Times can reveal.

154931A4-73F7-44B4-8E00-C07CE880BDEE.jpeg

Her husband as well as being a tory MP is also a school chum of... Boris, surprised? Thought not.

She has also spent £670k of our money on a team of PR consultants. This lot need jailing.  

Advert:

On 24/10/2020 at 09:58, geosname said:

If parents aren't able to feed their kids during holidays then either the benefits system is at fault or the parents are

In my opinion, parents are able to feed their kids out of school term. I'm confident of going into any household and putting a budget in place so that no child goes hungry. There will be posters on this forum who will be advocating for the Government to put funding in place so parents have enough in the pot to give 'little Johnny' the latest game for his X box this Xmas. Where's it all going to end in this entitled, snowflake society we live in. Genuinely though, and I'm not trying to score any compassionate points here,  if I knew of any child in the neighbourhood that was going hungry and the parent(s) had acted responsibly, they would be welcome into my home for meals-no problem

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bycars rob said:

Her husband as well as being a tory MP is also a school chum of... Boris, surprised? Thought not.

She has also spent £670k of our money on a team of PR consultants. This lot need jailing.  

Plus the millions made on T and T by Serco whose CEO hAppens to be one of the Soames Tory dynasty, perhaps FUA and RB would care to defend this.

I simply do not believe that there are kids in the UK who will starve without free school meals. Just walk around the "deprived" neighborhoods and look at the all the Mercs parked in the drives. How many kid's don't have a smart phone? I don't.

My wife had free school meals back in the day. And they were not even needed back then. 

Just an abject transfer of responsibility from parents to the state. There is no one in the UK not in a position to feed their kids. Period.

They might well want to spend on other things, but your kids come first. At least for normal people they do.

Edited by toyahw
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Many kids go hungry because there parents are crap.

Absolutely. So maybe their parents should not be crap. If you have children you should be in a position to sacrifice and look after them.  Not expect the state to do it for you.... We busted a gut for our two. At the time we we didn't have a pot to piss in. 

And here in NL there is no such thing as "school dinners". You make your own or nowt.

Edited by toyahw

Advert: