https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2020/oct/13/uk-unemployment-covid-19-furlough-imf-global-economy-business-live

UK unemployment rate jumps to 4.5% as Covid-19 jobless crisis deepens - And worse news to come.

I said it at the time, a classic example of Johnson pretending everything was fine and they were doing a great job, coupled with his love of stupid slogans.... His plan was going to create "Jobs Jobs Jobs"

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

Just don’t understand the need for politics to become involved in this. It’s a world wide pandemic come what may. Let’s rally round together. Sadly impossible as too many keep trying to gain some form

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2020/oct/13/uk-unemployment-covid-19-furlough-imf-global-economy-business-live

UK unemployment rate jumps to 4.5% as Covid-19 jobless crisis deepens - And worse news to come.

I said it at the time, a classic example of Johnson pretending everything was fine and they were doing a great job, coupled with his love of stupid slogans.... His plan was going to create "Jobs Jobs Jobs"

A Government spending money willy nilly without public audit.

More examples of rules for us and rules for them??

Bolton locked down - 27 cases per 100k at point of lockdown

vs

Johnson's constituency of Hillingdon - 81 per 100k - No lockdown

Rishi's constituency of Richmond, Yorks - 74 per 100k - No lockdown

Jenrick's constituency of Newark & Sherwood - 182 per 100k - No lockdown

Williamson's constituency of South Staffs - 92 per 100k - No lockdown

30 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

More examples of rules for us and rules for them??

Bolton locked down - 27 cases per 100k at point of lockdown

vs

Johnson's constituency of Hillingdon - 81 per 100k - No lockdown

Rishi's constituency of Richmond, Yorks - 74 per 100k - No lockdown

Jenrick's constituency of Newark & Sherwood - 182 per 100k - No lockdown

Williamson's constituency of South Staffs - 92 per 100k - No lockdown

Not convinced by the Bolton figure, IC.

Taken from James O'Brien's Twitter:

The Leader of the Opposition thinks the government should follow the advice of the government's scientific advisers. The government disagrees. (It's worth reading that twice.)

18 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Newcastle under Lyme is above 100, no action..  what triggers are they using? Does anyone know?

Cheshire East is 145 per 100'000 and high risk or tier 2

Newcastle is 140 per 100'000 and medium risk or tier 1 

18 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Newcastle under Lyme is above 100, no action..  what triggers are they using? Does anyone know?

That is caused by students going to Keele and bringing the virus with them and spreading it amongst themselves. Not sure if they are locked in like at other universities but I wouldn't much fancy being a student there right now regardless.

Otherwise Newcastle's figures would be pretty similar to Stoke

1 minute ago, Wrex said:

That is caused by students going to Keele and bringing the virus with them and spreading it amongst themselves. Not sure if they are locked in like at other universities but I wouldn't much fancy being a student there right now regardless.

They arent locked in. I work at Keele golf centre and 15 students turned up together a few nights ago and were upset when we wouldn't allow them to all wait inside together while we were full. 

They certainly weren't following rule of 6. 

Edited by WV

39 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Is the same not true for Manchester, Hull etc?

55 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Southern counties complaining that positive  students  are counted against home addresses not their student addresses which is increasing their counts.

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

but I wouldn't much fancy being a student there right now regardless.

I really do feel for the current crop of students/ younger generation who are just at the beginning of shaping their lives. They're having it tough at the moment, first the A level fiasco, then all the false promises when in reality most of their courses will be done via online lectures. The social life will be completely different to students of the past and they might not be able to see their family. Not to mention the debt they will have at the end, toll on mental health, difficulty getting onto the property ladder, lack of jobs and all the problems brexit will cause.

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Is the same not true for Manchester, Hull etc?

Those are cities. Newcastle-under-Lyme is a small town and Keele is quite a large university so Newcastle's Covid rate per 100,000 will be much greater affected by a few dozen students testing positive.

• Like 1