You would think that those in the public eye would be more vigilant,it does make you wonder what the narrative would have been on here if Corbyn and his Guardian champagne scoffing luvvies were running the show, not much different than the shambles we have now probably, which in my mind means party politics and political point scoring have no place in the face of a  unprecedented virus.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

If football matches here had to be played behind closed doors,  Sjoke would still count 23000 attendance. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Mario said:

You would think that those in the public eye would be more vigilant,it does make you wonder what the narrative would have been on here if Corbyn and his Guardian champagne scoffing luvvies were running the show, not much different than the shambles we have now probably, which in my mind means party politics and political point scoring have no place in the face of a  unprecedented virus.

That's true, I'd expect a shambles regardles, sadly.

If you're the rule makers though, you can't afford to be this stupid.

People might, you know, stop taking it seriously and slack off.

Forcing you into decisions that will wreck society and the economy for years to come.

That sort of thing.

17 minutes ago, Mario said:

All I have ever wanted is the person in charge to stand up and say they have made mistakes, acknowledge that there are things that need to be better and not b******t the nation that they are perfect.

The UK is exactly the type of place that would rally around leadership in a difficult time... the fact that Johnson has manage to alienate so many by his stupid approach and actions speaks volumes as to just how terrible he has been.

52 minutes ago, Mario said:

The major difference would have been the Test and Trace system, it would have been given to the NHS to run instead of to a gang of Cummings mates, Serco etc. The NHS would not have been under-staffed of nurses and doctors and the waiting lists of non pandemic patients soaring.

30 minutes ago, Mario said:

In unprecedented times when there is a need to unite the nation the answer in the past has been a National Government. 

20 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

All I have ever wanted is the person in charge to stand up and say they have made mistakes, acknowledge that there are things that need to be better and not b******t the nation that they are perfect.

The UK is exactly the type of place that would rally around leadership in a difficult time... the fact that Johnson has manage to alienate so many by his stupid approach and actions speaks volumes as to just how terrible he has been.

In the early weeks of the pandemic the country did rally round the government and were pretty supportive of the actions they took.  Then Cummings did his eye test.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

If Boris was doing his job he would fine those involved, and his father for not wearing a mask in a shop yesterday.

Will he.... I'm going to guess not.

I found it ironic that those feeding in the deep trough seem to ignore the rules imposed on the ones foraging in the trenches.... it seems one of the few things that jumps the political divide. 

Prosecute them all or none.

I wonder how the queen is getting on with the rule of six? Or Is Phillip boiling the royal eggs?

44 minutes ago, geosname said:

I found it ironic that those feeding in the deep trough seem to ignore the rules imposed on the ones foraging in the trenches.... it seems one of the few things that jumps the political divide. 

Prosecute them all or none.

I wonder how the queen is getting on with the rule of six? Or Is Phillip boiling the royal eggs?

I have heard he likes a hot bath

52 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I have heard he likes a hot bath

An old style bath of boiling oil is good for the skin they say although rumour has it the aristocracy prefer serving wenches blood,  virgin by choice...... or whatever is available will suffice. 

3 hours ago, Mario said:

Nor would Corbyn have handed out NHS 111 contracts to firms giving little training to new employees.

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Good grief.

You want politicians to be honest?...... the streets paved with gold and the rivers flowing with milk and honey?

It would be good...... but it's never happened yet and I can't see a time it will happen.... if politicians lie to gain power what makes you think they won't if they get it?

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

In the early weeks of the pandemic the country did rally round the government and were pretty supportive of the actions they took.  Then Cummings did his eye test.

About as boring as the nhs bus which also didn't work.💤😩

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/rutherglen-mp-calls-dominic-cummings-22084664

Will the SNP MP now jump on her sword ? After admitting that on Monday evening she received a positive test result she then got on a train and travelled to London, after quite rightly criticising Cummings she does exactly the same thing herself, the arrogance of MP's never fails to astound.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18763865.snp-mp-margaret-ferrier-travelled-scotland-london-testing-positive-covid-19/

1 hour ago, Mario said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/rutherglen-mp-calls-dominic-cummings-22084664

Will the SNP MP now jump on her sword ? After admitting that on Monday evening she received a positive test result she then got on a train and travelled to London, after quite rightly criticising Cummings she does exactly the same thing herself, the arrogance of MP's never fails to astound.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18763865.snp-mp-margaret-ferrier-travelled-scotland-london-testing-positive-covid-19/

Was she driving the train?!!

• Like 1